Kq4 and Sq2. Any takers?

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

BenW.
Peasant Status

Kq4 and Sq2. Any takers?

#1 Post by BenW. » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:50 am

Now that spongefactory's kq4 is cancelled and kipposoepdoeopsgopsg (whatever) Sq2 is...mysteriously gone, who is gonna take up the baton?  Are any of the exisitng groups wanting them as future projects or is anyone interested in starting up a group?

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:58 am

Please don't use the AGDI forums to recruit members for a fan group.  :)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#3 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:05 pm

I think he was just curious to see if the project was happening. I believe the site to go to for information like that would have to be Broomies Fanventures. Possibly the best information website around (even though I haven't been there in awhile) for the fan community.

;) now all I have to do is start advertising more and charging admission.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:14 pm

Yea I know he was just asking but this:

"or is anyone interested in starting up a group?"

is obviously a recruiting line.

BenW.
Peasant Status

haha

#5 Post by BenW. » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:59 pm

Actually making a group with me in it didn't even cross my mind.  I was in fact asking what I asked: "or is anyone interested in starting up a group?" meaning: is anyone starting a group.

I didn't think to go to fanventures, thank you.

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re:

#6 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:52 pm

Couldn't muzlak hand over the KQ4 work he's done to somebody else? I'm sure there must be someone who'd like to take it over from him. And it would be a shame to throw away years to work, wouldn't it?

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by El_Listo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:40 pm

It will be cool if those guys at Infamous Adventures start a KQ4VGA when they finish the works on KQ3VGA, this way we would keep the same style-feel from KQ3VGA, giving a feeling of continuity.

KQ1 and 2 remade by AGDI
KQ3 and 4 remade by IA

That would be so C O O L.

Oh well, I think im getting excited, Im stopping now.

Broomie
The Enigma

#8 Post by Broomie » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:48 pm

We probably will, we're really unpredictable. Just today I've finished the last of the sprites for KQ3VGA. I rock so hard I wanted to make one more for AGDI. It's the Hero dancing. He already made his debut in the General Forum but he can go here aswell.

Last edited by Broomie on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by El_Listo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:03 pm

Damn, he dances like me... I thought I was the only one dancing that style, that sprite has ruined my fantasy.

Hurray! The last sprite for KQ3. So we are one step closer to install KQ3VGA on our computers... How are the beta testings going?

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Well...

#10 Post by FatherGhostface » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:04 pm

Well if I was to remake it (talk about a fat chance!) knowing me I would make it look like the same style as KQVII did...and then everyone would hate me...but I have spoken to Blackthorne a couple of times and I "think" Klytos asking if they were going to make a KQ4 Remake but they said they wouldn't be? I think...I asked a whiles back so yeah.

Broomie
The Enigma

#11 Post by Broomie » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:06 pm

Yeah we are dude. All that's left is loads of programming crap and a few other background and sprite touch ups. I mean we've improved alot over the year, so what we thought looked great back then doesn't look so great now so we'll improve a few thing graphic wise aswell. But yeah man KQ3 is getting pretty close.

Theophilos
Peasant Status

KQ4

#12 Post by Theophilos » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:04 am

Well, I am the project lead for the KQ4 Remake. Our site is at http://www.waywardmind.com/KQ4, though we have something of a community growing at http://www.waywardmind.com/KQ4Forum. We have a few talented artists and we are always recruiting more. (Working on getting some composers right now, too.) Rather than dying away, our project is starting to pick up some speed right now (which is good, because it has been a rather slow few months).

I don't know if anyone is doing SQ2. Personally, I would rather do SQ3. Does anyone know if there is an SQ3 project going on right now? I have also toyed with the idea of sending an email to Al Lowe to see if he would be interested in doing an unofficial sequel to Torrin's Passage, though it is very unlikely that a guy like him would work for free or that Vivendi Games would allow somebody so offical to work on a fan project anyways. Still, if there isn't anything else, SQ2 might be interesting (though I think Conquests of Camelot, Gold Rush, and a few others are still open).

Anyways, I thought I would address some concerns. We have not been too forthcoming with the project advertising, but that will probably change in the next month or two.

Alliance
Knight Status

#13 Post by Alliance » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:23 am

To be honest, I'm considering remaking SQ2 or SQ3 as a second project. (Shhh....)

Bountice
Peasant Status

#14 Post by Bountice » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:36 am

For those which are interested about a SQ2 VGA game, visit http://www.vohauls-mines.com

Kata Samoes
Peasant Status

Re: KQ4

#15 Post by Kata Samoes » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 pm

Theophilos wrote:Well, I am the project lead for the KQ4 Remake. Our site is at http://www.waywardmind.com/KQ4, though we have something of a community growing at http://www.waywardmind.com/KQ4Forum. We have a few talented artists and we are always recruiting more. (Working on getting some composers right now, too.) Rather than dying away, our project is starting to pick up some speed right now (which is good, because it has been a rather slow few months).
So, I visited the site and it's gone.

What happened, was the project forfeited?

The Guy
Knight Status

#16 Post by The Guy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:19 am

Considering the date between your post and the post above yours, anything could have happened in the 2 years this topic was started.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#17 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:43 am

Nice thread necromancy.

They changed their URL. I already provided it in another thread where you asked the same question.