Quest for Glory 5 Remake

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

Quest for Glory 5 Remake

#1 Post by Billetwound » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:03 pm

This is just a thought, but you know what i would think would be awesome, Remaking Quest for Glory 5 in the old form.  I mean i liked the original QFG5 but it just felt so outta place with the series and as the last game sierra was making for the series it seemed like it was kinda a let down. Its like only hand and eye just click on everything kinda deal.  And for being "3D" it was really pixelated.  I think it would Just look awesome in the old style.  Some things would have to be created special though if someone did this, like create a new fight scene as every game had its own different form.  Plus the Map would be huge so it might need an overhead map view that goes into close ups in spots.  Special Fight screens for the Hydra fight where u and elsa team up, or when you fight the dragon.  That would just be awesome.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:35 pm

Neat idea (much like the remaking MOE into the traditional adventure style), but I doubt anyone will attempt it.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Billetwound » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:23 pm

Oh yeah, i mean i figured that, it would be alot ...ALOT of work, thats a pretty big game, after i posted that i played it for a bit, then i download ags to try to figure things out... I would have no clue where to even begin hahaha.  I mean the final product would be definatly cool, but its just to much, you would have to completly redesign Silmaria into seperate screens and probably use the overhead map town like QFG3.  I also messed with the demo version i had of it from years ago when i bought the 1st collection they had out and You could play as Elsa and Magnum, i thought that was really funny, that would have just killed the game. But if i could figure out everything id have to do to make it I would.  Mad Props to AGD.  What they do is just awesome.

Edit: And also as just a though, QFG5 lets you export your character after you finish the game, What if someone made like an online type game where you can meet your heros up against one another and battle large monsters together or battle each other in a colliseum.  That would be Kewl too, Like an Online Quest For Glory.  Like it has a mode where you and friends go out and complete quest, earn money, buy better items, Defend towns, Defeat demons. Have Wizard duels, Theif test, theifs could steal from other heros.  You can travel to any land, Speilburg, Shapier, Tarna, Mordavia, Silmaria, and other new worlds that need more than just one heros help. that would be kewl.

Shaminar
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Shaminar » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:37 am

I say it would be much better to adjust the coding so you can play as Elsa or Magnum opus, or have a 2 or 3 multiplayer game and see who can beat the others to the finish, or help eachother out and if you win one quest before others, when they go to sleep at the inn, they'll be woken up by a guard who takes them to the hall of kings to be informed of the winner and told of the next task (or they can just walk to the hall during the time the victor won and avoid having to go to sleep for the events to occur)