Join the Leisure Suit Larry!

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#26 Post by Erpy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Telling lies is one way to upset people and no, you probably weren't doing that. What you were doing was either throwing an opinion (not a truth) around based on baseless assumptions and lack of knowledge about the subject, or you were just plain trolling (in other words, deliberately posting harsh and provocative message with the intention to get a rise out of people) and then falsely stating your remarks as a truth. That kinda ranks right below "lying" on most people's annoyance-lists.
By the way... those rumors about Tierra remaking QFG2 to VGA are left to be just rumors. I think it's just a joke of some sort. Very cruel joke. They promised that project will be completed in the end of 2006 or in the beginning of 2007. Now it's 2008. Just forget about that bummer's crap.
We've announced beta stage, people have been testing and both our own statements and the testers' indicated that steady progress was being made and the game was getting close to being finished. I think a simple "go away" isn't nearly as rude as walking in here, ignoring all the telltale marks and shouting out: "Hey guys, what you've been working so hard on is nothing but a cruel joke." When someone posts his irritation, you post some "I know how guys like you think"-stuff and when I tell you not to, you attempt to shift the blame and use the age-old defense: "All I'm saying was the truth."

I'm kinda curious what result you were trying to achive with walking in here and posting this...ahem...truth. It is my opinion that if you can be constructive and respectful (not to be confused with being a sheep), you should post that way and if you can't be like that, you should indeed just go away and save me the trouble of having to delete your account.

Axil the Able
Peasant Status

#27 Post by Axil the Able » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:14 pm

Ok, sorry. Peace.

But how's about LSL remakes?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#28 Post by Erpy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Truth be told, I don't see another remake project being started anytime soon. At least not by our team. Game making takes a long time and times change. I don't think we'd spend many more years making free games.

Axil the Able
Peasant Status

#29 Post by Axil the Able » Sun May 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Listen up everybody! I'm going to make Leisure Suit Larry 4: Missing Floppies or... Bad Larry! Or "Larry Turns To Be Evil", or "Unfinished Buisiness" or "Back For F..ck". Or However, the title is not such an important thing by now, cause the work hasn't done yet, and not even begin. For now i only can tell you my plans about LSL4 and how i will try to connect everything with Larry's nowadays life.

..Somewhere in 6934076821e+155...

...Larry was sitting in his lonely room reading a newspaper (though, it's really strange to see Larry reading a paper not in a restroom. Otherways
he's not very interested in that crap. Seems he had enough abusement from women in his life, so he's kinda retired. Of course, he's still single in his... 70s...

(nevermind about that. He's a PC guy. And also he's our hero. So he shouldn't be old. And second thing - we are talking about REAL Larry, not that nephew sucker. Let's pretend that he don't exist at all, at least because LSL8 is not a Sierra anymore.)

And so Larry was sitting alone in his chair and reading a paper. Just because he had nothing to do. Also, he didn't noticed that he was holding that paper upside down. Maybe he was just to deep in his own thoughts...

"Oh, drats... how can i be such a donkey... chicks drives me crazy but
everytime it was the same thing.... if i only could turn back time and fix something... then i will write my biography and it will be THE BEST thing i can ever made in my life!.. And i'll be baaaad... and no more good ol' Larry... hehehe"

Suddenly everything begins to spin around and Larry also started to turn around with he's chair. The last thing on his mind was words "Mammaaa Miaaaaa!!!". Everything darks...

At last Larry made it to open his eyes. And... WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!
He found himself sitting on a lavatory instead of his good old chair in kinda familiar restroom with some clever phrases on the walls. Before he can think of something further, beside him appears "BadLarry" (like little red devil but kinda look like Larry himself. Well, you know...) and said: "Voila!!!". "Wh.. wh.. who are you?!" - said Larry. "Why, little fella, i'm your bad side, and the one who can help you in your quest. By the way, do you recognize this place?". "Umm... Morgan Fairchild's Sanatarium?", "NOOO!!! You idiot!!! Like early, like now, nothing had changed!!! Ahem... sorry... now, Larry boy, you're back in time. You're In Lost Wages. In The Land of The Lounge Lizards. Lefty's Bar, remember?"

And BadLarry told our Larry what he have to do here again and how not to make a sucker of himself.

"Now. Your task is your unfinished buisiness here. I'll help to fix your history for a price of.... your biography. You see, i'm kinda collector and i just love such little rascals like you and their stories. Now, let us make it everything to be good, and not like always. Good luck, little bud!.. -PUFF- - BadLarry vanished in a cloud of smoke.

-PUFF- "...Uh.. nearly forgot. Don't bother the ring in the sink nor rose on a table. Leave that sucker for losers. You're going to be a REAL MACHO now, and not one of them."

Now, i hope everybody already guess what Larry is REALLY ought to do and what instructions he took from BadLarry (who also will be his guide through adventure). If someone didn't guess he may ask me privately.

So, that game should be a real EXCLUSIVE one. And yes, THAT'S why it's it may be kinda "missing". Most of things need to be made and most of them need to be corrected. Maybe i will need some assistants. But for now i'm just sharing my ideas with you.

In this project we need to include some several features. And here they are:

1). Completely different approach to situation wich includes dealing in some other way to every figure of the game starting with 1) Woman in the bar, 2) Man on a stool bothering Larry 3) Drunk man in the corridor 4) Doggie!!! Weeee!!! 5) The Pimp 6) Dark Alley Hooligan 7) The Cabbie and even Policeman. That's all for now. Further more.

2) Some additional places where Larry can go to. Though Cabbie didn't mention about those, but they must really exist. More places - bigger adventure.

3) A little bit lower "censored" level. No, not like QFG4 1/2 crap. Much better!!!

4) Little fix about Larry's endup. Instead of Sierra Factory there will be ordinary hellish underground with BadLarry waiting in it.

And the last. I can handle all the graphics and music for game. Is there any volunteers for script help?..

Well, i suppose that's all for now. How do you like this, guys? Any ideas are welcome. I'll gladly accept those. If they worth it that is.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#30 Post by Erpy » Wed May 21, 2008 4:29 am

Locked by request of original poster.