I've decided to make a shooter game with AGS

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

I've decided to make a shooter game with AGS

#1 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:25 am

Well I've decided to put aside my current game being that I can't get the RPG elements to work on it so I'm making a shooter game with the Shoot'em up module for the AGS I just downloaded. Any ideas as in should the game be a traditional space shooter with aliens and space ships or should it be fantasy with dragons or arrow shooting angels or nature based with birds like the Sega 32X classic Kolibri or maybe a bat  or any other flying animal I'm open for ideas.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#2 Post by gamecreator » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:21 pm

It's just my preference but I'd stay away from the generic space ship thing.  Maybe have a soul fly through hell, blasting flying demons and whatnot on his/her way to rescuing a kidnapped soul about to be used for some evil purposes.  Or any flying animal could work as well, really.

TribeHasSpoken
Peasant Status

#3 Post by TribeHasSpoken » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:40 am

I love the irony behind this. The Silver Lining is being made with an engine that's usually meant for first-person shooters, and you're making a first-person shooter with an engine that's usually meant for adventure games.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#4 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:49 am

well actully I believe its a shooter like R Type [but it my be Space Invader style i hope not though] but I know for sure it's not a Goldeneye style or even Doom style. Like I said above though I'm hoping for a R Type style shooter with a more different atmosphere so I'm open for anymore ideas so I'll try to make this game with ideas from the people in this forum but I don't know what I can and can't do. but everyone keep the ideas flowin.