Adventure game remakes to VGA links list

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

Re: Adventure (pre-VGA) game remakes links list

#51 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:41 pm

lol, very helpful Klytos. :p

Guess that one will be in limbo for a while, probably at least until after SQ2+ is done, but I've got my own speculations now. ;)

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#52 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Just remembered to update first post to change status of QfG2 remake from In Progress to Completed. |I

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#53 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 pm

Just so you know, SQ2 is not a + remake.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#54 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:58 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:Just so you know, SQ2 is not a + remake.
Yeah, I was generically using the "+" for all remakes, so I'll have to reword that a bit.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

Re: Adventure game remakes to VGA links list

#56 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:19 am

Thanks for the effort, but many of those are not what this thread is focused on, remakes of older parser games (like QfG2), not fan originals or fan sequels. There should probably be another thread for those. Also, it seems the SQ3 remake at Dogmadaygames you listed was abandoned a couple years ago. Finally, I've already had the KQ4 and PQ2 remake links listed.

Thanks again for trying to help. Post again if you find any new remakes of old games. Check for missing entries in the first post of this thread. :)

daventry
Knight Status

#57 Post by daventry » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:18 am

Oh, i did thought this Thread was about Post some more Renmake Games Thread, :o but i also didnt find such a Thread here on the Board. :)

Are these Games released yet. :o http://katrina.legendsofglory.com http://www.sq7.org http://www.hero6.com

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#58 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:58 am

In the spirit of adventure games, exploration and investigation, it shouldn't be too hard to open those websites yourself, see if there's a download link and announcement of release in the news section of said site and if there isn't, assume that the project is either abandoned or in progress.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#59 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:00 pm

daventry wrote:Oh, i did thought this Thread was about Post some more Renmake Games Thread, :o but i also didnt find such a Thread here on the Board. :)

Are these Games released yet. :o http://katrina.legendsofglory.com http://www.sq7.org http://www.hero6.com
Yes, this thread is here for people to find remakes, specifically remakes of old adventure games. Those three links you just (re)posted are instead fan-made original sequels or spinoffs. Like I said, maybe someone else can make another thread for those, since I'm a bit busy lately. What goes here are links to remakes of the games listed in the first post of this thread, like ADGI's KQ1VGA, KQ2VGA+, and QfG2 remakes.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#60 Post by DrJones » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:06 pm

I don't know why this thread didn't got stickied back in the day. Anyways...

For all those wondering two years ago when the Gobliiiins 4 game was going to arrive, it seems that it got released this month! Yai! And I didn't know about it until today. :p

Here's the trailer. It's a relief to see that the game has stayed true to its roots, unlike that new larry theft auto andreas.

Also, I found the police quest 2 VGA backgrounds from DCIllusion that were hosted on infamous-adventures. They were awesome!! It's truly a loss that his project seems to be dead. He was really talented. :cry

What's worse, it's that now I won't be able to enjoy any other PQ2 remake attempt. :(

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#61 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:55 am

What about TheRedPress's SQ2 Extended remake?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#62 Post by DrJones » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:10 pm

It's visually stunning and will be undoubtly a good game, but the style won't match seamlessly with the other two as DCIllusion's. His game was as if he went to an alternate timeline in which Police Quest 2 was remade by Sierra and ripped its graphics for us to get a small view of the unfathomable glory of the empires of the past. He mimicked so well the old Sierra feel that other attempts look like bizarre mockups of mere mortals trying to approach the divinities, and it's even more bitter the fact that he got so close to releasing his game that I feel now as if I could touch it if I could stretch my arms a bit more. How did that supreme work became lost forever in the eternal darkness of abandoned dreams? :cry

Yes, I got a bit too enthusiastic with the whine. Now I feel better. :p

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#63 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Sorry I haven't been keeping the first post totally up to date by rechecking all the links. Anyway, I only have a few minutes today, but if anyone wants to post corrections (release dates, projects' status change, new links), I'll try to incorporate them all into the original post next time I'm online.

Shabutie
Peasant Status

#64 Post by Shabutie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:18 pm

DrJones wrote:It's visually stunning and will be undoubtly a good game, but the style won't match seamlessly with the other two as DCIllusion's. His game was as if he went to an alternate timeline in which Police Quest 2 was remade by Sierra and ripped its graphics for us to get a small view of the unfathomable glory of the empires of the past. He mimicked so well the old Sierra feel that other attempts look like bizarre mockups of mere mortals trying to approach the divinities, and it's even more bitter the fact that he got so close to releasing his game that I feel now as if I could touch it if I could stretch my arms a bit more. How did that supreme work became lost forever in the eternal darkness of abandoned dreams? :cry

Yes, I got a bit too enthusiastic with the whine. Now I feel better. :p
Ahh but that's where you are mistaken grasshopper. =D There are two versions of the remake underway, a realistic one and a more painted version (painted one will be finished first, btw) that is closer to the VGA versions of PQ. Only, more like actual paintings and less pixelated, one step higher resolution. I won't post anything more here, but I'll provide a link to the official thread.

There are only two painted backgrounds so far, and they're both WIP - so they'll likely be much improved in the actual game. I'm working on a locker room at the moment, but I'm doing several different concepts at once so it may be a while.

http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=33685.0
------

Also DCIllusion's backgrounds were so-so IMO, they were rendered 3D images and it was kind of obvious in a bad way. I fail to see how that mimicks the old Sierra feel, but if it works for you. The one background of his I did like was the Mall, if I remember correctly. I liked Sierra games, but I'm in no way in a hurry to create a game that captures that old graphics look.