The Bear Cave, nearly complete

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

The Bear Cave, nearly complete

#1 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:42 am

EDIT: It should be noted that the reason I'm posting this here and at IA is because my computer is lame as hell and no longer lets me on bigbluecup.com. Thank you.

I know this is way overdue as I started it... what... over a year ago? More than that? Less? I don't even remember. It was really just a test game until we moved onto bigger and better things. Lemme snag a couple screenshots...

There's not much to the game, and I know how terrible the graphics look. We may actually update them before "release", if it's even released at all. The walk-cycle for that character has already been upgraded quite a bit from how he looks here, and looks much better. My brother's background making skills have improved quite a bit, so he might fix these. And yes, the bear is stolen from KQ5. The only real reason we're finishing it is because a friend of ours really likes the humor in it, so we're finishing it for him. But, if anyone else wants to play a really short, not that entertaining game, I'll be happy to put it someplace.

Feedback is of course always welcome.

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#2 Post by fluxmaster » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:39 am

So what's the game about?  What is the object?

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:57 am

It's about trying to escape from the bear cave. You're trapped in it. You have to get out.

Yeah, that's about it.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by BrianR » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:21 am

I bet it will be a fun game.  Do the characters talk?

And why is the bear wearing lipstick  ;)

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:02 am

There's written dialogue but no spoken dialogue. Seems unnecessary for such a short game. That's his muzzle, not lipstick. Or if it is lipstick, blame Sierra. I stole the bear from KQ5.

Shalkar
Peasant Status

Bears Quest <LOL>

#6 Post by Shalkar » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:54 pm

You must be a pretty bored fellow to make a game like this.  :rollin

Holla  :hat

Shalkar.

On da foreal, hurry up AGDI and release Quest for Glory II VGA!  ;)

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:48 am

Er... okay.

Shabutie
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Shabutie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:38 am

Actually this looks cool.  Sure it's simple but it might be fun.  I want to play it ^^

So when you finish it, send me a link to download and I'll give it a go.  I'm not on here much, I just forget to check back, but there's a link in my sig where you can find me whenever you want.  Later ^^