Owl's Quest: Every Owl has it's Day

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

joelphilippage
Peasant Status

Owl's Quest: Every Owl has it's Day

#1 Post by joelphilippage » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:49 pm

This is a king's quest spoof game about Cedric trying to get to the birthday party of Alexander and Rosella.
It uses the King's Quest VII Interface and includes Voice Acting.
here is the download link:
http://new.bigbluecup.com/games.php?act ... d&game=888

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#2 Post by fluxmaster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:08 pm

This game is pretty good for a start, but is it complete?  My score so far is 8 out of 8, but I'm nowhere near to finishing the game.

In the KQ7 interface, the cursor sparkles whenever whenever it is placed over an object that is receptive to action.  I've been to every accessible room and placed the dirty sock over every object, but it never sparkles.  I'm at the part of the game where I'm looking for the horse's head.  I've already got the other end of the horse.  (If this sounds weird, then so is the game, but it's fun so far.)

joelphilippage
Peasant Status

#3 Post by joelphilippage » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:25 am

Well thats because the inventory items don't sparkle or change in any way when you put them over something. By the way the game may feel like you've got a long way to go but it is actually pretty short.

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#4 Post by fluxmaster » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:48 am

Okay, I finished the game.

I did basically what I was going to do anyway, but I was expecting the cursor to sparkle, and it didn't sparkle where I clicked it.  Also, I think that I should have clicked it in a slightly different place to make it work.  I think that, in previous cases, the inventory cursor did sparkle.

Any, quite a fun, brief game.

EDIT:  I've just replayed the game, and, you're right, the inventory cursor never sparkles.  Also, the place I originally wanted to click the sock does work, but the clickable area is small.