My first finished project is pretty much complete

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

My first finished project is pretty much complete

#1 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:09 am

I know how can it be finished but not complete! All I'm waiting for is to make sure that the copyright is correct being that the game is a remake of a game someone else at AGS made. I just gave it better graphics and added music of which it originally had no music at all. I Just got permission to add it at AGS but first I wanted to make sure the copyrights are O.K. so the original creator gets his credit so as soon as he replies to me and says the copyright is correct I'll let you guys know and you can check it out its not as fancy as the other game I've been working on of which everyone here has been helpful with it of which I just found the battle mode I needed. But it was at least a good chance to get to know the AGS program a little better.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:16 am

Well I've got bad news about my game and my brand label! I just searched for hosting sites for the game I just made and couldn't find one so I decided I would see about the price of buying a website so I looked up the website name I wanted. Of which it was called seraphim games and it seems that someone must had just got the web site and is building it cause there wasn't really anything on it but then again I'm using snail speed Internet so it probably didn't load up fast enough but I'll have to scrap my completed game If anyone has any ideas on what to call my brand post it here it will take me a few hours to put the game back together cause I already saved it as a completed game but who knows maybe I'll come up with a new brand while working on it

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Music Head » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:13 am

Seems rather stupid to scrap your work because the domain name you want for your website is unavailable. Try slight variations. just say u wanted www.seraphimgames.com, try, www.seraphimgames.net or www.seraphim-games.com. There are litterally hundreds of different extensions and variations you could use.

www.seraphimgames.com does have a website up, just at the moment with no information on the pages. I doubt the site is a professional game developers site so I dont' think they'd own the copyrights to the name anyway.

- Is there a way to write a link a web address without it beocmming a link? I click 'Disable BBCode in this post' but they still came out as links anyway. Doesn't really matter I guess.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#4 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:19 am

Well once again I'm done and I did some searching on the Internet and did
some research to make sure I don't rip off someone's brand so I came up with Seraphim Dreamer Interactive hows that! Now all I need is a web host of which I'll search a little tonight then I'm going do bed early tonight. Been spending too many whole nights on this computer working on games be nice to sleep at night for once but if anyone here has any suggestions on who could host my game just leave a reply. If I find a web host tonight I'll reply before I go to bed.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#5 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:24 am

The game is officially available for download it is called Ahmet's AGS Fight Game Remix and its a remake of Ahmet's AGS Fight Game that appeared in  The Great Stroke-Off. Thanx to the original designer of the game I was able to make this with better graphics and sound  so check it out at the AGS website enjoy!

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Music Head » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:20 am

I can't find the game. I searched for the title on the AGS site and could only find the original, I tried searching your username thinking it might be what the author was, but no results. Can you please provide a link??

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#7 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:06 am

I've got a link right here

http://new.bigbluecup.com/games.php?act ... ail&id=958

sorry I didn't put one here before.

enjoy the game!