Quest for Glory V de-make?

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Quest for Glory V de-make?

#26 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm

I doubt it. Earlier Sierra adventures could be viewed with AGI studio or SCI studio to view their text strings, that's how we managed to get so much of the original QFG2 lines in our remake without missing tons of little things.

But QFG5 runs on a different engine entirely.

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#27 Post by Blake00 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:41 am

Ahh I remember when this discussion cropped up over on the IA forums last year.

Demaking QFG5 is a mammoth task but the end result would be brilliant especially if using a variant of Erpy's excellent combat system. I think it would also create a sort of ‘symmetry’ to the series.. imagine playing QFG series from 1-5 in VGA point and click instead of the old days where you had to frustratingly type in QFG2 and sob over QFG5's lousy attempt at 3D (I don’t hate 5 though just to clarify but 4 wins hands down for look and atmosphere).

I don't expect this to ever happen but it’s fun to fantasise haha. :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#28 Post by Erpy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:26 am

My QFG2VGA combat system wouldn't work in conjunction with QFG5 very well. QFG2 is mostly around 1 on 1 encounters, QFG5 is centered around group battles. I can't see the rite of freedom or even the final battle work well with QFG2VGA's system.

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

#29 Post by Blake00 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:00 am

Oh Erps you made a giant meat lovers monster that rains down pizzas on its victims.. what on this planet can't you do? ;P

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#30 Post by Erpy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:17 am

Pizza head's battle took a few creative leaps, but it still fit into the basic 1 on 1 mold. I'm not saying I'd be completely incapable of creating a battle system based around multi-foe battles (truth be told, I never tried), I'm just saying what I created for QFG2VGA wouldn't work well with QFG5.