Im a noob with princess maker. help pls

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

Im a noob with princess maker. help pls

#1 Post by gamemaniax » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:29 am

ok, im a noob. So, if i wanna make a Princess (or Prince in this matter) Maker game based on QFG, what engine should be the easiest and simplest one to use?

abou the background and spirtes, does that mean i have to draw and make one myself or theres one available for download on the internets?

thx for all the help :D

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Im a noob with princess maker. help pls

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:41 pm

What do you mean by "Princess Maker?" You want to make a game about a princess? Or what?

It depends on what type of a game(?) you want to make. If it's 2D adventure like QFG and the like go with AGS (Adventure Game Studio). If it's something else do a Google search and I'm sure you'll find something.

As for graphics, you have to do it yourself. Unless you're one of those guys who likes to rip off graphics from existing games which isn't very original and is looked down upon. Even if your game is decent.

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

#3 Post by gamemaniax » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:52 am

Princess Maker is an really old RPG game where you take the role of a girl just over 16 and plans her daily life and turns her into a princess. You can go to library and study to gain mental skills or work as a farmer to gain strength. More like Sims actually. With higher skill you can find better job like farmer to guards to knights etc etc etc. It has been remake recently by Hanako Games. Wiki it.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Then why do you want to remake it again?

pass
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by pass » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:02 pm

I don't know many softwares (ok, so I only know this one), but I think AGS is a great program and you can remake that game with it. Make some variables to store your stats (mental skills, strength, etc.), and the actions you do will check those variables.

As for backgrounds, you will have to draw everything yourself (or have someone draw them for you).

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#6 Post by DrJones » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:17 pm

I've seen countless remakes of that game (some even commercial games), but I've never thought somebody could be interested, so I don't remember their titles.