Quest for Glory 3 Extended Edition?

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MK
Peasant Status

Quest for Glory 3 Extended Edition?

#1 Post by MK » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:22 am

This is a loaded question, for many QfG3 was the weakest of the QfG series because of the rush job done. My question is how difficute would it be to make an addon to the game to fill in the missing parts. Would it be easier to just remake the game?

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Quest for Glory 3 Extended Edition?

#2 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:36 am

It would be very difficult and time consuming. Honestly.

Bt

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:34 am

Since QFG3 is not an open source game, you can't just create an "add-on". You'd have to remake the game as a whole. Which would take quite a while.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#4 Post by Gronagor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:40 pm

MK wrote:This is a loaded question, for many QfG3 was the weakest of the QfG series because of the rush job done.
And for many it isn't. Other than for the bugs in QfG4 being the only reason people took so long to finish it, I'd say that QfG4 is the most rushed job. :p

GloomSaber
Peasant Status

#5 Post by GloomSaber » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:57 pm

Gronagor wrote:
MK wrote:This is a loaded question, for many QfG3 was the weakest of the QfG series because of the rush job done.
And for many it isn't. Other than for the bugs in QfG4 being the only reason people took so long to finish it, I'd say that QfG4 is the most rushed job. :p
Perhaps he means rushed as in story and gameplay rather than bugs. I mean, wages of war was a game to fill in the between the 2nd and the fourth game.

I agree that part 3 is rushed in plot, though if he meant bugs, I have to go with QFG4 (fav in terms of story); that one crash prevented me from using my import character from part 1 up to part 5. With the agd's QFGII release, I am goin to try again.