Please delete this thread.

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

Please delete this thread.

#1 Post by Fribbi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:16 am

Wow. I don't know if you remember me. But I used to be a very big regular guest here in the early days of AGDinteractive site

I know it has ben long time since I visited this site.

I have already played your new version King Quest 3 VGA. I really like it. Wonderful game and well done.

But I have also be trying to create my first full game without unlucks or damages. ... :o

It is a none adventur-game called slot machine wich is both in icelandic (my language) and english.

I hope you all enjoy it.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/Ga ... etail/1629
Last edited by Fribbi on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

Re: My Quest for Heroes 3.0 demoversion is up now.

#2 Post by Fribbi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:32 am

I JOINED HERE IN MY FIRST TIME 09 Aug 2001 !!!!!!

(Gulp) Has it really ben 10 years since I registered myself here?

Shit! :eek

I mean OSOM!! :D

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#3 Post by Fribbi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Am I in some kind of ghost's forum. This site is so silent now. I remember when this site was very popular and in every minute I clicked on F5 there was always something new comments to read here. Now it is too quiet here. :(

Oh well.. Maybe I came back here in wrong time. :\

But hey no worries that is not going to stop me from visiting the forum. :D

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:09 pm

The forum nowadays is for people connecting after a long time away, and sorrying for not posting more. :p

Welcome home!

And the game looks gorgeous so far, it's just that I'm too busy these days to try out games or write a proper comment. :(

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#5 Post by Fribbi » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:31 am

Yess! I got a reply. :D I knowed there was someone here who hasn't left this ghost site hahahaha.

I almost got a hearthattack when you replyed...just kidding. :rollin

I know threre is a lot of work to be fixed in my game like the spelling error and other errors. The demo is just to show you all how my progress has went so far. It is much better than showing one screenshot.

I have already fixed that now. But I am not going to release another demo version of my game. I'm going to finnish it instead.

By the way. I don't know you but, I thank you for the warm welcome hahah.

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#6 Post by fluxmaster » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:10 am

I just took a look at it, and it looks really good. Is it going to be like Quest for Glory? Where does the story take place? Spielberg? Rekjavik?

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Good to see you back, Fribbi! Wow.. yeah, the forums are kind of dead these days. I think the era of social media - Facebook, Twitter, etc - have really cut into forums popularities. It's kind of sad. I remember when it was busy everyday here, too.

Bt

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#8 Post by Fribbi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:20 pm

I just took a look at it, and it looks really good. Is it going to be like Quest for Glory? Where does the story take place? Spielberg? Rekjavik?
I haven't found a name on the town yet. But it is suppose to be a new town wich is very near Spielberg hahaha. :D

This game is very like Quest for Glory.
The hero from Quest for glory is now retired hero and is now a horsetrainer and a farmer who got three sons. He trained each of them what he learned in his youth. Your character is the youngest farmer who will soon be a fighter like his father was. He will soon need his brothers the Thief and the magic brother to join his quest after they will met the legendary Erana who need their help. :)

BTW it is spelled Reykjavík ;)
Last edited by Fribbi on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#9 Post by fluxmaster » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:20 pm

It looks as though it's going to be a very good game. Spielberg was always my favorite place in the QFG universe, so I'd certainly like to revisit it, or a place nearby. With Quest for Infamy now on indefinite hold, I'm especially looking forward to this game.

I was playing your demo with my 3-year-old daughter the Fluxmaiden watching, and I saw a naked woman walking by. Will this game be suitable for me to play with my soon-to-be 4-year-old daughter in the room? Will I be able to play it with my wife the Fluxmistress watching, or will I have to lock the door to the bedroom when I play it?
Fribbi wrote:BTW it is spelled Reykjavík ;)
Sorry; I didn't have my dictionary handy. Anyway, it seemed like a very nice city when I visited it; all the people were very nice. The only thing is that, when I tried to talk to them in Icelandic, they insisted on answering me back in English. I think it would be a nice place to set a QFG-style adventure in.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#10 Post by Fribbi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:50 pm

I was playing your demo with my 3-year-old daughter the Fluxmaiden watching, and I saw a naked woman walking by. Will this game be suitable for me to play with my soon-to-be 4-year-old daughter in the room? Will I be able to play it with my wife the Fluxmistress watching, or will I have to lock the door to the bedroom when I play it?
:eek Omg I forgot to hid my secret girlfriend.

Now will everybody know why I am enjoying making this game hahahaha. Just kidding.

I haven't finnish the game yet as you know. So I haven't decide her roll yet. I just let here walk around. And you can pick her with you if you poke her. Don't worry. I will remove here where she is in the full version game an place her in other place. Where she is needed.

This game is not for 17 and younger kids.
Sorry; I didn't have my dictionary handy. Anyway, it seemed like a very nice city when I visited it; all the people were very nice. The only thing is that, when I tried to talk to them in Icelandic, they insisted on answering me back in English. I think it would be a nice place to set a QFG-style adventure in.
Icelanders often speak English with foreigners to those who do not speak good enough Icelandic.
We do this so the conversation are clearly identifiable. Nothing to worry about. If a foreigner can understand my icelandic pretty well I would try speak to him in my language. But if he is not sure I switch the conversation in english.

Icelanders often speak English with foreigners. It's a habit.

When I always visit Spain. I always speak english to the spanish people and they always reply to me in english too.

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by MacGyver » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:35 am

Yeah I remember you during the older days. Downloaded but have not played QFG 2. Just feel too old for games.

And my : Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:50 pm