An open letter to the AGD'ers and Wookie

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Radiant
Knight Status

An open letter to the AGD'ers and Wookie

#1 Post by Radiant » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:26 pm

Hi there,

As you probably are aware I am involved in the projects for the KQ2.5 and KQ3+ fangames. Regarding these games, and potentially others (such as KQ4+ and KQ9) I have a request for the AGD'ers.
To my knowledge, your official opinion on other KQ-related games has been that they should ignore the existence, and enhanced plotline, of the most excellent KQ2:RTS. What I would like to ask you, is to add some nuance to this statement.
The KQ games have an involved storyline and many tie-ins to one another. I certainly wouldn't want to further the KQ2:RTS storyline or draw any kind of conclusions regarding the Father. That, after all, is Wookie's job. However, what I would like to do, is add a number of references to KQ2, such as that Kolyma has a new (well, reinstated, anyway) ruler called Caldaur, or that Hagatha was defeated by Graham in the crystal tower. Doing so could only lead to a better cohesion of the KQ plotline overall. I would of course be happy to consult you as to the veracity of any inside references.

Hope to hear from you,
Yours,
Pieter Simoons (aka Radiant)

(oh by the way, this is in the public forum because it could benefit the KQ society, and because I couldn't think of a better way of reaching you)

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#2 Post by Klytos » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:12 am

You could use any of those ideas anyway Radiant. It's not like they're copyrighted. ;)

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#3 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:35 am

It wouldn't be a wise idea to take the ideas without permission though.

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#4 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:34 pm

Klitos is right, they're not copyrighted. Because Wookie and the AGDs were using copyrighted ideas and twisting them around. So it's impossible for them to copyright their ideas becuase of where they came from.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:56 pm

MuzlakOofmay wrote:It wouldn't be a wise idea to take the ideas without permission though.
More properly, it couldn't be courteous to use their ideas without permission, but technically, you could.

Bt