Space Quest 2 sprites.

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#26 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:18 pm

Oh yes you made that one COC VGA pic didn't you, BT. :) A COC remake would rule. Truly.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#27 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:27 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:Oh yes you made that one COC VGA pic didn't you, BT. :) A COC remake would rule. Truly.
Yeah, I did make a few CoC pics, actually. Rog, If you get crackin on a CoC remake, I'll totally help it along. It's so much easier to get a game remade if it's already done, and all you need to do is update the graphics and change a few things here and there.

Bt

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#28 Post by Alias » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:32 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:Best way to remake Conquests of Camelot

Get SCI Studio, rip all the resources from the game.......

Remake the game in AGS, using the original SCI Graphics - just update the game with the GUI and mouse interface.

Find an artist during the process who would be interested in helping - show that you already have most of CoC remade....... and BAM! You're on your way.

Hell, if you managed to get some of CoC reprogrammed for AGS, I'd do graphics for it. Totally.

Bt
hehe! you mean a 1:1 remake, I think I might just do that, Im no good at making graphics but it will b easy to remake those graphics. I might do it 32-bit. I always wanted to see a true colour adventure game! :D

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#29 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:18 pm

Rog wrote: hehe! you mean a 1:1 remake, I think I might just do that, Im no good at making graphics but it will b easy to remake those graphics. I might do it 32-bit. I always wanted to see a true colour adventure game! :D
Seriously, yeah, Rog. Just download SCIStudio from www.bripro.com and take all the resources from the game that way, then reprogram the game in AGS. Then, after all is said and completed, just drop in new graphics as they are made - change a few things here and there to suit the new graphics, and presto. Remake-0. It does take time, but it's easier to get artists on board if they can see the actuall progress of the game!

Bt

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#30 Post by Alias » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:47 pm

I dont need an artist. I think I might just do this. Well even though my hands are full I will have to do it part time, Im sure it wont be too long too. :smokin Thanks for the support. And Yup, I've worked wit SCi Studio before. I'll get started right away. :D