Anyone making Eco Quest 3?

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jafar
Super Star

#26 Post by Jafar » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:13 am

Adam can still use his ability to talk to animals
What ability? All the fish who lived in whatsitcalled could talk. As for EQ2, they never explained that. But he never had an ability. He was just a normal kid.

bartonjo

i love eco quest

#27 Post by bartonjo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:01 pm

I liked eco quest a lot when I played it, got it for chrismas a couple of years ago I have been looking for it and will install it soon.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#28 Post by Skyshark » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:13 am

Jafar: Well, I can't think of a better way to explain his ability to communicate with Delphinius and other assorted creatures. I suppose the writer/s of the two previous games would be able to clarify that particular issue. If it turns out that he can't really talk to animals, the story could be rewritten with minimal changes. ;)

Anyway, I believe a future Ecoquest sequel would best be served by having environmental issues as a passive, underlying theme, with a great, well-written story (like how Metal Gear Solid had underlying themes of nuclear weapons and genetics driving a very-well planned and executed story and game).

bartonjo2
Knight Status

like yeag

#29 Post by bartonjo2 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:29 pm

I dont get what the issue is, all animals talk. Some are just shy around people. It amazes me how many ppl dont know this.

:lol

Radiant
Knight Status

sure

#30 Post by Radiant » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:13 am

Must be the white snake skin additive that is put in all of our drinking water.

bartonjo2
Knight Status

must be

#31 Post by bartonjo2 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:27 pm

must be. We must drink more water than other ppl

daventry
Knight Status

#32 Post by daventry » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:53 pm

I played Eco Quest 1 & 2 and i loved them both.
Last edited by daventry on Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#33 Post by Uhanimar » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:21 am

Peter Swinkels wrote:
I thought they were a bit of baby games.
Then I must be a 24 year old baby? :D I downloaded and played them last winter/spring... I know at least one other 24 year old who played them only recently... :lol True some parts in the games are a bit silly but I still liked them. Any one else played Eco Quest well beyond the age of 12??? BTW: I also liked Pepper's Adventures in Time. :eek

OMG pepper used to be me fav game ever when i was like 4-6....it was a good game and i still am really annoyed about the fact that they left a cliffhanger and never made a second....

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#34 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:31 am

Skyshark wrote:Anyway, I believe a future Ecoquest sequel would best be served by having environmental issues as a passive, underlying theme, with a great, well-written story (like how Metal Gear Solid had underlying themes of nuclear weapons and genetics driving a very-well planned and executed story and game).
Metal Gear is my favorite game of all time and I love how they both make no sense at the end till the sequal (still getting over the end of 2.) I think it's pure genious that a writer can put a story full of terrorists and bombs and all this and still teach an amazing amount about genetics with a great story attached in a gmae of what? 4-10 hours long? in Metal Gear Solid 2 they talk about children in war and how you can't believe everything you hear. But the main theme there was the Patriots and how they could use computers to manipulate all information example

EE: how many letters in the alphabet?
Raiden: easy 26
EE: oh really? It could've just as easily been 30 but because of the patriots we can't be sure.

Note that after Metal Gear Solid 1 which was all about cloning what could scientist do shortly afterwards? Clone sheep. And what law was passed in America after MGS2? The PATRIOT act giving the government permission to use things like spyware and control all information!

well at the glance of the MGS series I thought I'd offer something interesting. Please try these games they are one of 3 series in the Stealth Genre (aside from Tenchu and Splinter Cell)

daventry
Knight Status

#35 Post by daventry » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:06 pm

Does anyone know if Adam found his Father at the end of the Game after he ran off to catch a guy that stole his luggage, cause the game just ends where Adam was flying on the back of an Eagle to look for his Father.

I hope someone will make an Eco Quest 3.

Does anyone know if there was any plans for an Eco Quest 3 from the people who made Eco Quest.

daventry
Knight Status

#36 Post by daventry » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:36 pm

Anyone

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#37 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:43 pm

I think someone would of answered by now daventry. Please dont revive year old threads  ;)