muzlak

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bartonjo2
Knight Status

muzlak

#1 Post by bartonjo2 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:26 pm

Does muzlak oofmay ever vist anymore? I was hoping to hear how his game is going, I am definetly not trying to pressure him, I just want to hear how thing are going. (I know that hes in college and doesnt have much time for other stuff.)

Radiant
Knight Status

Yes

#2 Post by Radiant » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:29 pm

I have it from a very good source (namely himself) that Muzlak still has every intention (and if I may say so, every ability as well) to complete KQIVV.

bartonjo2
Knight Status

ohh

#3 Post by bartonjo2 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:53 pm

Well i wasnt saying that he wasnt going to finish or that he doesnt have the time, I was just trying to make sure people didnt think I was impatient. Basically I realize he cant devote all his time but he still can devote some time.

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#4 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:32 am

Yeah... I still visit.

...and I'm still working on the project. Although, I'm beginning to toy with the idea that I'm not going to use my custom engine for the project. I still am developing it, but I can't draw out the development time for 5 years working on the engine. I'll probably just use the engine for my original games that I'll work on later.

Also... a pretty big surprise is coming up soon.

And yes, I go to college/high school/work 20 hours a week/work on the project/play in a couple bands/*try to have a life* so I'm very busy. I normally just read the threads and don't post.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:53 am

MuzlakOofmay wrote: And yes, I go to college/high school/work 20 hours a week/work on the project/play in a couple bands/*try to have a life* so I'm very busy. I normally just read the threads and don't post.
Seriously, man. I don't know how you pull off college and high school....... props on that one. But I know how it goes with trying to have a life too. I do a lot of stuff outside of making my games, but the games are very important to me.

Bt

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re:

#6 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:51 am

Just try not to overdo it. I know someone who's currently undergoing a so-called 'burn-out', and believe me... You don't want that kind of trouble. Don't let people rush you.

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#7 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:25 am

I think that's why i am switching to using ags or another game engine for the project. My reasoning has always been if you CAN do it yourself, do it yourself. Unfortunately in this point of time I CAN'T. Not because I don't have the skill, but I simply have so little time to work on the project that it would literally take forever to finish.

So i guess i'm trying not to overdo it.

bartonjo2
Knight Status

well

#8 Post by bartonjo2 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:13 pm

well were all rooting for your and are excited for your game, you are a great artist! Ans I know it takes skill to do the programming you do. What language do you use in conjunction with directx?