SQ4.5 Engine

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#26 Post by Alias » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:20 pm

Thanks, thats all I wanted to know. ;)

Zeus
Knight Status

#27 Post by Zeus » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:03 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Erpy wrote:I'm not edgy, I just figured your response was perhaps not the most helpful one in the world. ....(besides, one of the people you referred to now has his username as a trophy on my ban list and the other one came THIS close (holds thumb and index finger not too far apart) to becoming his direct neighbour on said list. So yes, we HAVE been dealing with that issue.)
Zeus wrote:PS : no need to be edgy for such things.....other things matter more, such as some dirty minded people who post that they have big p**** (they wish they had...if they had, they would not need to write this )
I don't think things like that matter more; I think it's more offensive when someone acts so damn superior to other people who just need help (even if they ARE a little peckish about it) and then uses sarcastic tones as if to say "Moron. Read the book." That's ruder than someone just posting some stupid pithy saying. A direct attack on one person is much ruder than some generic offensive statement.

Bt
i am afraid that you are wrong.I was not sarcastic and i am sorry that it was not obvious for you.I am also sorry that you believe that i wanted to insult Rog. Thanks for the one line translation you did : "Moron. Read the book.", but it is inaccurate. Be kind enough to remove the word "Moron" please and replace the "read a book" with "hey Rog dos books are not sold anymore, e-books are tiring to read through monitor, printing e-books for studying is an expensive option, so maybe the best solution is to visit your local library". That was my point.

Fortunately the rest of the forum did not believe that i was sarcastic-insulting, so you are the only one who says so.
You know, we do not have to act like we have an inferiority complex when someone says that we have to read a book. I myself often visit the library and get books in order to learn things.
I do not feel like a moron when i sit on the library's chair and study the
book that a friend of mine or the professor has suggested me.
And i could not demand from my professor to sit down and put in my mind
all his knowledge. It is utopic.

Moron's are not the people who study books. Morons are people who
pretend that they know EVERYTHING and that they do not need to study.;)

You cannot teach someone DOS in a post. A book can teach him. IF he had had something specific to ask, then it would have been a different story of course.

Rog : what EXACTLY do you want to know about DOS ?

PS : ad quit defending 1eyedparrot because you know and we all know that he is wrong. We just do not care how big is his p****. Enough said ?
No ? With words you can say the worst lies. Photos prove such declarations. If he used a photo to prove his statement, i bet that a great embarassment would wait for him in the corner. The embarassment of the plain truth. Because, for example a photo represents 3 inches accurately as 3 inches. With words you can just say that these 3 inches are 30 inches! ;)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#28 Post by Erpy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:31 pm

Guys, I think we remember the last few threads where we had rebuttals like these. Would you please be so kind as to get back on topic and drop this particular matter without adressing each other's rebuttals?

And er...
PS : ad quit defending 1eyedparrot because you know and we all know that he is wrong. We just do not care how big is his p****. Enough said ?
No ? With words you can say the worst lies. Photos prove such declarations. If he used a photo to prove his statement, i bet that a great embarassment would wait for him in the corner. The embarassment of the plain truth. Because, for example a photo represents 3 inches accurately as 3 inches. With words you can just say that these 3 inches are 30 inches!
Good intentions aside, I'd rather not have that brought up again. I removed it for a reason. There's no need to speak on behalf of our moderators regarding other members causing trouble. Okay?

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#29 Post by Alias » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:36 pm

Well I'm not lazy to learn but I dont have a local library, I have to travel far/ish, and I doubt that there will be a book on DOS.

Never mind I wont bother with DosBox I'll just play my sound less and music less and my buggy ness. :| :lol

Zeus
Knight Status

#30 Post by Zeus » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:22 pm

Rog, that is bad. Maybe you have to google then on DOS commands.
However you only need to know CD command if you want only to play games in dosbox.
My local library has DOS books (the 3.3!) , and to surprise you, i have even found books on programming the amiga, the 8086 and other ancient books.

PS: i did not speal on behalf of you Erpy. I just said what annoyed ME.

Gav
Knight Status

#31 Post by Gav » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:41 am

Sheesh whats your problem?
I'm just playing. You know I love you...

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#32 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:25 am

Erpy wrote:Guys, I think we remember the last few threads where we had rebuttals like these. Would you please be so kind as to get back on topic and drop this particular matter without adressing each other's rebuttals?
Of course, Erpy, I know. I had to say one thing, I did, and I tried to be more helpful to Rog. I don't need to argue with Zeus to know that he's a tool.

Bt

Zeus
Knight Status

#33 Post by Zeus » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:22 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Erpy wrote:Guys, I think we remember the last few threads where we had rebuttals like these. Would you please be so kind as to get back on topic and drop this particular matter without adressing each other's rebuttals?
Of course, Erpy, I know. I had to say one thing, I did, and I tried to be more helpful to Rog. I don't need to argue with Zeus to know that he's a tool.

Bt
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#34 Post by Alias » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:36 pm

Zeus wrote:Rog, that is bad. Maybe you have to google then on DOS commands.
However you only need to know CD command if you want only to play games in dosbox.
My local library has DOS books (the 3.3!) , and to surprise you, i have even found books on programming the amiga, the 8086 and other ancient books.

PS: i did not speal on behalf of you Erpy. I just said what annoyed ME.
Well I do know the basics but it never seemed to work?
Gav wrote:
Sheesh whats your problem?
I'm just playing. You know I love you...
Group HUG! :)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#35 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:57 pm

This took me a minute, but you ARE SQ4.5 on the AGSforums, aren't you, Rog?

Bt