Heroine's Quest

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#76 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:34 am

Ya we have a site update now and a new artist (Scott) new plot members such as myself so PK is still alive and kicking i am also the head of PR there.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#77 Post by Swift » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:44 am

AsianMusicGuy, shouldn't your announcement be in a PK topic rather than Heroine's Quest's topic?

moonlit
Royal Servant Status

#78 Post by moonlit » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:52 pm

Hi Corby,

Usually I don't download games that aren't finished but I have this weakness for zanthia (being HOF, the game I replayed a dozen times and I think the best adventure ever) I couldn't resist ;-).

I must say I was really surprised with the quality of the demo. I love the backgrounds. The animations and music are quite good too (though 'zanthia' seems to get smaller when she moves to the camera :-)  ).

I hope the result will have voice actors to finish it of.

Can't wait to play the finished game.

Regards, Ron AF Greve

Corby
Royal Servant Status

#79 Post by Corby » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:57 pm

Thanks for the nice comments!  :)
Better get back to making the game... soon...

Dilly McPickles
Peasant Status

#80 Post by Dilly McPickles » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:50 am

Now voice actors would be pretty sweet.  Unfortunately, we haven't thought that far ahead, but it's definitely a possibility.  Who knows!

Aziza
Peasant Status

#81 Post by Aziza » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:33 pm

I'm aware that this is by now an old thread, but I would just like to say that I played the demo and it was very promising indeed.
I hope the game will be finished in the near future!

Having a female hero is an excellent idea. There are far to few of them...  
I always end up identifying with the main character in games I really love, so after playing through QFG1-4 I went through a gender identity crisis... (Not really, but I almost did fancy Katrina for a while.)

A few comments on the demo:
I found it a bit difficult to read the stats menu (when you create your character). Perhaps the background could be different or the writing in a brighter grey? (It might just be this horrible monitor, though)
Can you choose your name later on, or does she need to be Keila?

I don't think speech is strictly necessary, but I am probably in the minority here.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

moonlit
Royal Servant Status

#82 Post by moonlit » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:45 pm

Well, actually nowadays a lot of games do have female hero's. The games I lately played for instance sybaria (ok, a while back), mysterious island (very nice game), and currently playing journey to the center of the earth.

But indeed, though being male myself (or is that actually 'because'), I like heroines a bit more than hero's.

Regards, Ron AF Greve

Dilly McPickles
Peasant Status

#83 Post by Dilly McPickles » Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:49 pm

Thanks for the comments!   :)  The heroine's name is Keira, and at this point we have no plans for allowing the player to change it.  Now, if there is enough demand that we allow the player to choose a name, we will probably do it.  As for speech, this would be one of those things that we wouldn't really think about until the game is complete.

Katrina was a very tantalizing character.  It's hard not to fancy her.   :p