The Black sky R.I.P (Will only be in Demo version)

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#26 Post by Fribbi » Wed May 25, 2005 5:55 pm

Thanks for the advice fluxmaster. This exspect this game to  look professional. But I will try my best.
If you can get the geometry correct, your game will look very professional.
I have never been good with the geometry but like i said I will try my best.

Wizard
Royal Servant Status

#27 Post by Wizard » Wed May 25, 2005 5:57 pm

What program do you use to make the game?

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#28 Post by Fribbi » Thu May 26, 2005 10:43 am

The same that AGDinteractive use to make their own game. Adventure Game Software  designed be Chris Jones

Visit the site to see many other games created by that one.

Http://www.bigbluecup.com

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#29 Post by navynuke04 » Thu May 26, 2005 11:50 am

That would be "Adventure Game Studio"...

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#30 Post by Fribbi » Fri May 27, 2005 8:06 pm

:o  Yikes!! Yes that's right. AGS stand for Adventure Game Studio not Adventure Game Software. My manly mistake there.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#31 Post by Fribbi » Tue May 31, 2005 4:59 pm

Screenshot image for this week will be the screenshot of the toilet room.

Last edited by Fribbi on Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#32 Post by fluxmaster » Tue May 31, 2005 8:30 pm

Will the bathroom walls have graffiti on them?  Here are a couple of suggestions:

[spoiler]We aim to please, and you aim, too, please.

Be careful.  You hold the future in your hands.[/spoiler]

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#33 Post by Fribbi » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:08 am

Will the bathroom walls have graffiti on them?
Answer:No! That is only in public toilet like bars.   ;)

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#34 Post by Fribbi » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:22 pm

Most of my screenshots images  displays what is inside Fribbi' house but they are almost getting ready and after that I am gonna paint everything outside from the house.

Once again I repeat am not a arcitect but I am really getting to like those images even tho I painted them. I have added more inventory stuff and object for the game. Like dagger, meat, scissor and toiletpaper and many more. I have now finished to progam the most importand GUI options but I think I need to add more GUI options for this game.

I have only created two original music for the game but I am not sure what other musics I could add for the game. I have found some really good musics from the Internet wich could fit perfectly for the game but I am not sure if I am allowed to use it but if I can get it for free maybe I should not have any worry about that issue. But if I must, create a  original musics then it will take me longer time to work on this game.

That's all I can say now about my own game. May you enjoy the summer or whatever. :D
Last edited by Fribbi on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#35 Post by fluxmaster » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:19 pm

I hope that your image for "use toilet paper" isn't too graphic!

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#36 Post by Fribbi » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:42 pm

Hahaha!  There is no need to have worry about that. :lol

Here is a another  image for you all.

Last edited by Fribbi on Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#37 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:14 pm

You didn't think I had quit on this project. No! Ok thanks for beleaving me I can make a game.

I have finally finish all of the backgrounds rooms for "Room inside Fribbi's house" and I am right now adding some useful object and lots of stuff.

Here is the image of the training room. Of course I will update this picture very soon like I do always. :D

The training room

CRAZY  (edited by Fribbi)

Crazy ... I'm crazy for feelin' so lonely
I'm crazy .(true).. crazy for working on' this bigbluecup adventure game version  
I knew you'd love me as long as you wanted,
And then someday, you'd leave me for some new game like Quest for Glory 2 VGA

Worry ... why do I let myself worry?
Wonderin' ... what in the world did I do to you?
Oh, The Black Sky ... for thinkin' that my love could hold you
I'm crazy for tryin', and crazy for cryin'
And I'm crazy for being still working for ' you

Crazy ... for thinkin' that my love could still hold you
I'm crazy for tryin', and crazy for cryin'
And I know I'm crazy for working for ' you
Last edited by Fribbi on Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#38 Post by Fribbi » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:14 pm

Here is a another image from my own game wich nobody is interested but me and fluxmaster.
Last edited by Fribbi on Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#39 Post by Da_elf » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:47 pm

im new to game development however im not new to writting scripts for short films and then making them. and in this aspect the two industries are the same. what you need to do is to create a plot summery for your game as well as artistic designs. basically you need to get your characters designed. make maps of the entire area the game takes place. and probably sme designs on anything else thats special to the game. then what you need to do is to stick to it. if you constantly revise character models and buildings throughout the game then you will just keep going in an endless loop. You seem to have gotten to learn you way around using poser so basically you should be able to shape out some of your main characters now. however if your going for the 3d look for your characters you should try going for a 3d look with your environments as well rather than ms paint. This wil unify character and background properly.

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#40 Post by fluxmaster » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:46 pm

That MP3 file you posted contains a terrible curruption of the song Mr. Lonely, with a rapper mouthing some musicless words between badly sung choruses.

The original version of the song was an excellent 1960's Vietnam-era song about a lonely soldier in Vietnam, by Mr. Bobby Vinton.  You can read the original lyrics and hear a MIDI verion of the song by clicking here.

I haven't heard the original in a long time, and it was quite pleasant to find that web page and listen to the MIDI version.  I have deleted the MP3 file; it's just horrible.

If you've never heard the original, then perhaps you might like the newer version.  But try listening to the original.  It's quite a nice song, and you may like it better.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#41 Post by Da_elf » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:02 pm

actually im not even sure you should be putting a link to akons song on here since im not sure they condone pirated movies, softwares, games, or music on here do they.

btw. i hope my previous post didnt sound too harsh or anything was just trying to give some advice

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#42 Post by Fribbi » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:25 pm

Hey I like horrible music because they make me laugh so much.  :rollin

And thanks for the comment. I use my own style on this game thank you.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#43 Post by Klytos » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:34 pm

Looks interesting Fribbi. I enjoy looking at the new pics when you post them.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#44 Post by Fribbi » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:18 pm

Wow three guest has arrived here in this week. And I thought I was left here alone hehe. :lol

Some of the character will be on 3D. I don't have a good tool to create proffesional backgrounds and characters like AGDI has. Like Paintshop or something like that.

So the background will have some EGA/VGA style. But trust me it really works ok in this game. I know I have to edit some pictures much better but nobody is perfect. I have downloaded games that has much worser background images and badly painted characters than I have created but it really works ok to me. I have being focusing more on the room wich is suppose to be inside Mr.Frbbi Lonely house and when I have finally finish created all rooms for that I will start to create what is on the outside near the  house. Like the shops, markets, library and some other stuff.

I can't explain what the game is about right now because I am always changing my plot ideas. At least I know this game will have some SIMS style. I have so little time when I am working on this game so I am trying to work on this as best as I can. The game size now is about 40mb with voices and music together. So I am always thinking about what shall I cut off from the game so the gamesize can be smaller.

So that's why I have to split this game into chapter after chapter version.

I have heard the news that I can create 3D area with AGS and if that will be possible. I can then make all of  the rooms I have created so far into 3D areas.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#45 Post by Da_elf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:27 pm

actually you just need to be carefull with how you create your regions and you can easily use a 3d image for a background. http://www.elfpro3d.com/Game/ shows the possibilities...
EDIT
or should i say a 2d image of a 3d scene

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#46 Post by Fribbi » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:33 pm

I ment I can let the character walk  like in a 3d game. And sure I will try as possible as I can to let it look like 3D.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#47 Post by Fribbi » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:39 am

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#48 Post by Fribbi » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:05 pm

Ok I know this is not very good picture but this sketch is the map plan of the house inside. I already know I need to add something more on it.

I have edited many bullshit from myself what I said here earlier and deleted some images. But the main reason is I have cancel everything about the story. This is not a fight game any longer. Just a normal quest "pick up and use" game.

So this is no longer about strong guy against Wizard and orcs. I have even cancelled adding voice to that game. This game will be just a short game. I am no expert on gamemaking and this game will be free for everyone. I have no time to waste my time on gamemaking anymore so I am trying to use every spare time I can have but after I have finally finish this game I will quit making more game. The Black sky will be my only game. The game are almost getting ready. I had to cut some image from that game to make the game shorter and lower the size of the game.

I had already painted over 40 images but I had to remove some of them.
I am really sorry about this.

I have actually no idea what this game will be about. I have just being painting what should be inside Fribbi house. That's all about what I can say about my game. My interest on this game is getting lower in each day.
Someday I am thinking about quiting this bullshit but I really want to finish this game for you. I guess I am just getting to tired, old and grumpier when I am working on this game.

Maybe it was a stupid idea when I wanted to do this game. But I really wanted to try to make my first game. But I just hate it when I have no idea what I am suppose to do with this game. Maybe I should just leave it and play others game instead trying to make my own. |I

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#49 Post by Fribbi » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:29 pm

I know many of will think: What the main character are again in VGA not in 3D. But this is much better for me to draw with. The room has a 3D area but not the character. I am really sorry about that.

I know I am crazy and always thinking about many crazy unpossible ideas how my game should look but but I just can't do it. Not alone. I have so few  times to waste on this game. I just want to finish this game as fast as I can now.

The game are almost getting ready. I just need to fix the story just a little more and add some more objects to play with. The game will maybe be released after 2 or 3 weeks if things goes right. I have compleated all of the backgrounds images I will use for this game so I don't have to show any more images here from the game now.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#50 Post by Swift » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:34 am

I actually prefer the 2d sprite to the 3d sprite. Good luck with the game. I'll definitely play it once it's ready.