Who was in the most King's Quest Games?

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Who was in the most KQ Games?

Rosella?
5%
Alexander?
5%
Valiniece?
10%
Graham?
81%

Total votes: 21

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Who was in the most King's Quest Games?

#1 Post by FatherGhostface » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:18 am

Who?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Clarify

#2 Post by Brainiac » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:36 am

As a playable character or simply present in the game (seen or heard)?

In either case, it's Graham (3 games as the lead, seen in all games).  Alexander and Rosella are tied in each (5 appearances and two leads each) while Valanice appeared in each game up to 7 but was only playable in that game.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Pidgeot » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:36 am

Are you sure Graham were in KQ7? I only recall seeing Valanice and Rosella in that one - but granted, it's been ages since I last played that one, so my memory could be failing me.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Hm?

#4 Post by FatherGhostface » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:54 am

I thought it was Valiniece, she was is 2,3,4,5,6,7, and 8 and of course she'll be in 9. That's 8 games she's been in. And Graham has been in one less than her. But then again? They did discover a hidden voice of Graham. http://www.sierraplanet.com/kingsquest7/goodies.html

daventry
Knight Status

#5 Post by daventry » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:24 pm

But Valenice never maid an appearence in KQ8.
Last edited by daventry on Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Corrections

#6 Post by Brainiac » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:16 am

Daventry is correct; Valanice does not appear in Mask of Eternity (and not in the first game, obviously; that was a rather stupid mistake on my part).  It is also true that Graham did not make the final cut of The Princeless Bride, though, as was pointed out, a voice file is still embedded in the game.

However, Graham still wins with 3 starring roles and 4 supporting roles (with one uncredited voice-acting job :D ).

And please everyone, spell Her Majesty's name right...VALANICE.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#7 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:15 am

There was a picture of her hanging in the castle in MOE...

Broomie
The Enigma

#8 Post by Broomie » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:48 am

Are you sure Graham were in KQ7? I only recall seeing Valanice and Rosella in that one - but granted, it's been ages since I last played that one, so my memory could be failing me.
Well apparently Graham was supposed to be in KQ7, he was in a short cameo telling the girls it's dinner time but it never made it to the game.

Source: Sierra Planet

El Ravager
Knight Status

#9 Post by El Ravager » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:18 pm

NavyNuke is correct. So, I suppose you could say Valenice does make a sort of appearance in MoE. But even if you count that, she's still only tied with Graham. She would have seven appearances (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8,) while he would also have seven appearances (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 8.) Of course, her appearance in MoE is only a portrait, while Graham has a speaking part.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Role-counting

#10 Post by Brainiac » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:16 pm

If you ask me, if Valanice's portrait in MoE counts, then so should Graham's unused voice clip in KQ7.  Therefore, he still comes out on top.

Fender178
Knight Status

#11 Post by Fender178 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:43 pm

Depening on playable charcters.

Alexander was playable in  2 (3 & 6)

Graham was playable in 3 (1 , 2 , & 5)

Rosella was playable in 2 (4 & 7)

Valanice was playable in 1 (7)

This is based on who play as depending on what game you play.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

Re: Role-counting

#12 Post by Pidgeot » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:38 pm

Brainiac wrote:If you ask me, if Valanice's portrait in MoE counts, then so should Graham's unused voice clip in KQ7.  Therefore, he still comes out on top.
I disagree. I've never played MOE, but from what I understand, it's something that a player would notice if he paid attention to details.
Graham's voice sample, however, is a left over resource that wasn't supposed to be there - the only way you'll know it's there is by analysing the game data files.

Jawbone
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Jawbone » Mon May 02, 2005 6:25 am

For something like this, I think they either both count, or none of them count. Besides, I believe it belongs to Graham. For without him, there would be no wife or children, nor familiar ruler during MoE.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#14 Post by Alias » Mon May 02, 2005 1:17 pm

I think Graham is the winner, unless we are only counting for main characters instead of actual appearances for portrait pictures on a wall of a catsle?  :p

The Avatar
Knight Status

It's not Rosella!

#15 Post by The Avatar » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:41 am

Ok, listen up, you're all wrong!  The answer is definitely not Rosella and I'll tell you why..  8o

Let us analyse the question: "Who was in the most King's Quest Games?"  - notice the capitalization of 'King's Quest Games' to signify the use of a proper noun.  So they want to know, out of the choices 'Graham, Rosella, Alexander, and Valiniece' who was in the most of the said proper noun.  Please take this moment to notice the apparent 'mis-spelling' of Valanice.. note that i plan to take this question literally, thereby making no such assumptions.
   To answer that first you need to know how many 'King's Quest Games' there are.   Let's see..
King's Quest I - Quest for the Crown
King's Quest II - Romancing the Throne
King's Quest III - To Heir is Human
King's Quest IV - The Perils of Rosella
King's Quest V - Absence Makes the Heart go Yonder
King's Quest VI - Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
King's Quest VII - The Princeless Bride
King's Quest VIII - Mask of Eternity

Looking at the titles themselves you might thing Rosella has a winning chance, because 'Rosella' is the only choice taht is actually in one of the titles.. but when you put all the letters that make up the titles together, you find that you can only spell out Rosella 2 times.  Alexander you can't spell at all because there aren't any 'x's in any of the words. (if only they made a King's Quest IX & X, he might have had a chance!)  'Graham' is spelled in there a total of 4 times, and that's tied with Valiniece with 4 times as well.

Since the question is 'who was in the MOST' - it is signifying that it wants a single choice to be above the rest.  In the event of a tie, there is no one choice that is in the MOST, so we must delve further than the title of each game for our answer.
   If you take the text from each successive game and string up all the letters so you can tally them, but remembering to add a multiplier for the number of copies sold per game, since each copy is in fact a 'King's Quest Game' - oh wait, scratch that idea, that would allow every selection to exist in each and every game several times.. I'm afraid taking this question literally is quite impossible.  :eek

From the top:  Including the assumptions that Valiniece is indeed Valanice, and the names are in fact representations of the characters existing in the game, then the characters only count if they are physically seen by the player while playing the game, from the introduction to the credits.  Names and portraits would not count, because if someone's portrait is in a game, that doesn't mean they themselves are in the game.  Same goes with sound files that aren't even used, duh.
    But to be fair, completed fan games like AGDI's here, should most certainly count.  You can't deny that King's Quest I VGA is a King's Quest Game.  Therefore, Graham wins.

:rollin  :rollin  (please take this post as a joke, it made me smile atleast)