What was the most difficult Sierra game ever?

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

What was the hardest Sierra game you played?

KQ3
9%
QFG2
21%
KQ5
7%
KQ6
2%
Gabriel Knight, Sins of the Fathers
16%
KQ4
5%
PQ2
5%
SQ3
5%
Other Sierra Title (PLEASE EXPLAIN!)
30%

Total votes: 43

TheLonelyPaladin
Peasant Status

Re: What was the most difficult Sierra game ever?

#51 Post by TheLonelyPaladin » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:53 am

haradan wrote:
Frankly though, as far as absolutely stupid puzzle solutions goes... nothing beats shoving one alien up another alien's butt to make a a key in Phantasmagoria II... that game really shouldn't have blown it's nudity wad in the first chapter, because it sure as hell didn't have much else going for it.
Agreed. And the alien machine at the very end... that's the most frustrating thing I've ever found in a game. Plain stupid puzzle.
And did you ever notice how that game progresses from late-nite Cinemax nudity... to completely awkward and thoroughly unsexy S&M... to two dudes kissing?

Who exactly was the target audiance? I mean did they REALLY think people wanted to role play through some guys sexual confusion? I mean I always though Prince Alexander was a little fruity, but I got along just fine without a whole sub-plot exploring that possibility.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#52 Post by Brainiac » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:01 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:Haven't played either of the Laura Bow games through yet. Just tried them out briefly. Eventually I'll do it, though. I recently revealed its existence to my wife and she was eager to play it so maybe we'll tackle it soon.
Don't forget to download the VGA version of the first Laura Bow from Kazaa. :rollin

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#53 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:31 am

Pffft. I already got that.

...what you didn't find it? :eek It had such great Poser-created characters...

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#54 Post by pikaporeon » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:20 pm

I always had a sharp disdain for the Space and King series due to their "moon logic". Games aren't fun just hoping to find the right inventory item to rub against the other inventory item with no real logical path

The Guy
Knight Status

#55 Post by The Guy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:31 am

After rereading this and seeing how I already answered, I have to add another game by the name of Alien Legacy. That game certainly proved to be difficult no how many time I've tried to play it.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#56 Post by Brainiac » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Ah, Alien Legacy. I've got the disk version and the CD version. I don't think the games hard so much as a bit overly detailed. The requirements of micromanaging are a bit excessive.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#57 Post by Gronagor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:37 pm

Definetely Codename: Iceman. That submarine navigation thing. Never got it figured out. (But I must say that was YEARS ago... and playing all those other fun quests probably prevented me from making too much of an effort.)

polygrant
Peasant Status

#58 Post by polygrant » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Codename: Iceman was a tough one. So was The Colonel's Bequest and Manhunter. I have not played Gabriel though and I think the people who answered QFG2 haven't played some of these others.