Have the Harry Potter movies changed any since they started?

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Have the Harry Potter movies changed for the better any since they started?

Yes they have gotten more mature and exciting.
67%
No It's too silly and childish.
33%

Total votes: 3

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

Have the Harry Potter movies changed any since they started?

#1 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:10 am

OK now fan or not [I'm not] do you think due to the book the movies have changed for the better since they started? I never really read a lot of books but as far as the movies go I tried watching them but. I thought the kids grew out of the role too fast and because the books were made for kids it grew to be a little bit too silly to watch.

So what I'm asking is are the movies really serious enough to be worth watching or do you guys agree that it's just a bunch of adults acting like 11 year olds for a couple hours?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Have the Harry Potter movies changed any since they started?

#2 Post by DrJones » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:53 am

I thought the movies were a lot better than the books, until the sixth movie arrived. Of course, part of the reason was the choice of director, which made a silly love comedy out of a frightening book.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

Re: Have the Harry Potter movies changed any since they started?

#3 Post by pbpb33 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:47 am

I can't bring myself to read the books, for some reason. I never felt the urge to get into it. Maybe it was the subject matter? Maybe the fact that everyone was so crazy about them, and I didn't want to go along with them?

I did see the first movie and part of another movie (can't remember which one). I don't remember anything specific about either movie. I only remember thinking that they seemed uninteresting and fake. It was difficult for me to follow what was what or who was who (all those nutty-sounding names began irritating me), and the fact that it all seemed so dull didn't help things. I wanted to like them, though! I usually love adventure movies with magic, mystery and suspense... as long as the stories keep my attention. Often I enjoy movies meant for a wider audience (including children) because sometimes they can be just as entertaining engrossing for adults (e.g., Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, etc.), but during the "Potter" movies my mind was wandering and thinking about other stuff.