Mage's Initiation - Out Now!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

paradoxdeux
Peasant Status

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements

#101 Post by paradoxdeux » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:21 pm

The kickstarter for Mage's Initiation is up! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/211 ... -adventure

Chief
Knight Status

#102 Post by Chief » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 pm

sweet! excellent news!!

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#103 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 am

Win a Prize bundle worth over $450 USD by voting Yes for Mage's Initiation on Steam Greenlight. We need all the votes and comments we can get, so please help us out by upvoting and spreading the word to your friends with Steam accounts and getting them to do so as well!

For more information on the prizes and contest details, please visit the Mage's Initiation Steam Greenlight page here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =125180296

adeyke

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements - New Contest!

#104 Post by adeyke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 pm

And the game has just been greenlit. Congrats!

Cocoon
Peasant Status

#105 Post by Cocoon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:40 pm

3 years no news, are you guys still alive?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#106 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Development is still ongoing and the game has been in beta since September or so last year.

It's taking longer than expected to record and lip-sync all the voices in the game (this is the biggest project we've ever recorded character voices for), but the game itself is about 95% complete, with only the aforementioned voices and a handful of bug-fixes outstanding. Once the voices are finalized, we'll probably do a few more rounds of beta testing, and then the release should be forthcoming soon thereafter.

Shalkar2
Peasant Status

Re: Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements - New Game!

#107 Post by Shalkar2 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:27 am

Hi. It has been 8 months since the last update. How much longer until this game is going to be released? Man this game is in the making for a looooong time. David

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#108 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:33 pm

We're lip-sycning the last character right now (D'arc, the protagonist). He has over 5,000 lines, so it'll still take another couple of months to get through them all. Then we'll put the game through a few more rounds of beta testing, and after that should be good to go. Outside of voice acting and some testing, it only needs some adjustments to the custcenes and to be prepared for Steam release.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#109 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:04 pm

After a decade of hard work, Mage's Initiation finally has a release date!
Set your calendars for January 30th, 2019.

We also have a new preview teaser video to whet your appetite for what's to come.

youtu.be/CKW-32Qki_k

The game now has a page on Steam and you can start wish-listing it. So be sure to do that and help us spread the word!
We're also in talks with GOG.com about releasing on their platform.

Last but not least, we are currently working on native Mac OSX and Linux ports and hope to have them ready for release day. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone for your patience. The long wait is almost over!

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

Re: Mage's Initiation - New Game To Be Released Jan 30th, 20

#110 Post by Spikey » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 pm

Congratulations team!
Can't wait to play it.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Mage's Initiation - New Game To Be Released Jan 30th, 20

#111 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:08 pm

Thanks! (That reminds me, I still need to update the topic of this thread and the OP!)

Ariel Schnee
Peasant Status

Re: Mage's Initiation - Out Now!

#112 Post by Ariel Schnee » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 pm

So, like is this game out yet? I donated ' Mage's Initiation: $200 Thaumaturgist Tier (USA BACKERS)Item# 200THAUS ' back in March 2013. Haven't gotten a thing for it yet.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#113 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm

Ariel Schnee wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 pm So, like is this game out yet? I donated ' Mage's Initiation: $200 Thaumaturgist Tier (USA BACKERS)Item# 200THAUS ' back in March 2013. Haven't gotten a thing for it yet.
Yes, the digital game came out in January 2019 this year. Steam and Humble Bundle Keys were emailed to all Kickstarter and PayPal backers, depending where they pledged. But we haven't shipped any tangible items yet, as they are still being manufactured. That step is likely to be a slower, staggered process since we have a lot of items to handle.

At any rate, you should have received an email at the address linked to your Kickstarter or PayPal account. If you didn't, can you please send an email to support@himalayastudios.com and reference your post in this thread?

Ariel Schnee
Peasant Status

#114 Post by Ariel Schnee » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:01 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm
Ariel Schnee wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 pm So, like is this game out yet? I donated ' Mage's Initiation: $200 Thaumaturgist Tier (USA BACKERS)Item# 200THAUS ' back in March 2013. Haven't gotten a thing for it yet.
Yes, the digital game came out in January 2019 this year. Steam and Humble Bundle Keys were emailed to all Kickstarter and PayPal backers, depending where they pledged. But we haven't shipped any tangible items yet, as they are still being manufactured. That step is likely to be a slower, staggered process since we have a lot of items to handle.

At any rate, you should have received an email at the address linked to your Kickstarter or PayPal account. If you didn't, can you please send an email to support@himalayastudios.com and reference your post in this thread?
I don't have a paypal or kickstarter account anymore. Email's gone through a lot of changes. So much is different nowadays and things.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#115 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:29 pm

If you backed the Mage's Initiation game, then I'll need to know the email address you used with your PayPal or Kickstarter account so that I can look up your order. Since there are over 3,000 backers, the original email address is the only way we can tell which backers are owed specific items.

It sounds like you backed via PayPal, so if you remember the email address you used back then, let me know in an email and I can look into it for you, and possibly link it up to your newest email address to make sure that you get your items and game codes.

--EDIT--

It looks like you already emailed us with your updated email address and shipping address on June 4th 2019. I replied back to you on June 6th, 2019 from the email address support@himalayastudios.com. If you didn't receive it, please be sure to add our email address to your whitelist, so that it doesn't get marked as junk or spam. I have updated our records to reflect your latest details.

shivrani
Peasant Status

#116 Post by shivrani » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:29 am

I've just finished playing and really love this game! Thank you so much for creating such an enchanting game! I've left you 5 stars on gog.

:) :) :) :)

Will there be a sequel?

Tanker5455
Peasant Status

#117 Post by Tanker5455 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Thanks for that game, I'm only 3 hours in but I feel like there's going to be much more!