Translations

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Velgush
Peasant Status

Translations

#1 Post by Velgush » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:45 am

Why is the game translations into different languages ​​was canceled ??? I just want to play this mother frickin good game with pleasure
:\ :\ :\ :\ :\

adeyke

Re: Translations

#2 Post by adeyke » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:30 pm

AGDI doesn't have the resources to translate the games themselves. There was once an attempt to let fans translate the games, but that just didn't work out well. Just trying to get it organized was a major hassle (people would volunteer but then not actually finish it), and there was then no way to guarantee the quality of the translation (and a bad translation would reflect poorly on AGDI even if they didn't do it). It just ended up not being worth it.

Velgush
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Velgush » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:08 pm

adeyke wrote:AGDI doesn't have the resources to translate the games themselves. There was once an attempt to let fans translate the games, but that just didn't work out well. Just trying to get it organized was a major hassle (people would volunteer but then not actually finish it), and there was then no way to guarantee the quality of the translation (and a bad translation would reflect poorly on AGDI even if they didn't do it). It just ended up not being worth it.
Really. It's makes sense. Thanks for your answer.

Tanker5455
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Tanker5455 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Yeah, I worked as a translator for a while and it's one hell of a job, most amateurs think it'll be easier and give up mid translation when facing the hard truth. If so many people are getting paid to translate, there's a reason!
But if translating the game is still a possibility, it might be worth looking for cheaper translators, like in Russia or India, I've worked with agencies from these countries several time and the translations were far from bad.