Why are you going to see Star Wars Episode III?

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

I saw the first five and need closure.
54%
It'll be another George Lucas masterpiece.
13%
Lightsaber duels totally rock!
13%
I'm hoping for a Natalie Portman "wardrobe malfunction".
13%
I want to hear Darth Vader speak for the first time.
4%
I love Jar Jar.
4%

Total votes: 24

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#1 Post by Charlemagne » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:54 am

It's just about a month until the new Star Wars movie opens and given the mixed reactions to the last two I'm curious about what people are thinking.

Kloreep
Knight Status

#2 Post by Kloreep » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:00 am

You didn't include a "I'm not seeing it" option. ;)

But I'll be seeing it. Lightsaber duels. :D

rosel1
Knight Status

#3 Post by rosel1 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:02 am

I voted: "I saw the first five and need closure..." simply because, I do.  

For years I have wondered about this story...and how it came to pass that Anakin turned evil.  I also wonder how George Lucas will manage to squeeze all of this into 2 hours (or so).  

...it better be good...;)

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#4 Post by Ghost_Rider » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:09 am

I voted:  I'm hoping for a Natalie Portman "wardrobe malfunction".

Hey, it's a good reason.   :p   I actually have not seen Episode II yet, so I should probably see that first.

Radiant
Knight Status

#5 Post by Radiant » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:10 pm

Excuse my cynicism, but the story will probably be 1) predictable and/or 2) unrealistic (although hopefully not as poorly done as in the first two). So I'm watching it for the SFX. And for the fact that it might be one of the rare hollywood films with a bad ending.

Zargaist
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Zargaist » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:34 pm

Definitivly to see what happened to Anakin to make him join the dark side.
And for the fact that it might be one of the rare hollywood films with a bad ending.
I don't think it will have a bad ending. Sure, Anakin will join the dark side of the Force, but everything is in the presentation. Presents the bad guys very well and give 'em feelings and you'll make 'em looks better than the good guys. It's what happened with Animatrix. Once you see the Second Renaissance episodes you clearly understand that it's the robots who were the good guys.

Jafar
Super Star

#7 Post by Jafar » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:28 pm

I'm not watching it. I don't want to see Lucas take Star Wars any lower. :(

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#8 Post by Ghost_Rider » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:05 am

I may see it... but then again, probably not.  I never bothered with Episode II and it's been out for how long?  I was disappointed by the first one, so when the second came out I just didn't bother.

You know one thing I've never understood... people camping out for WEEKS waiting to see a movie.  I mean do they not have jobs... or any other responsibilities?

Broomie
The Enigma

#9 Post by Broomie » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:31 pm

I don't see why people seem to "protest" against this movie when it isn't even out. Sure the first two weren't in no way comparable to the original Star Wars, but you don't know about this one. George Lucas can give us some great films, so give this one a chance. After seeing the trailer I really want to see this film!

Amayirot Akago
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by Amayirot Akago » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:09 pm

5 reasons I wanna see it:
5. Mace Windu's death (not that I hate him, just wondering how he's gonna die; Sam Jackson said he wouldn't be going out "like some sucka").
4. Big badass battles.
3. General Grievous.
2. Loose ends between episode 3 and 4 being tied up.
1. Darth fucking Vader, baby. Good ol' James Earl Jones is actually doing his voice again.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#11 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:43 pm

I need to see the ending of this story AT LAST! And also for the lightsaber battles. Can't wait to see Yoda against Palpatine! And Mace is one uber jedi. It'll be a shame to see him die but I'm interested to see how. How it's probably going to end up, though, is it will be Anakin for the entire movie and then at the very end he'll be Darth Vader and JEJ will say his line and that's how it will end. I hope that I'm wrong and Darth Vader is in a little more of the movie, though.

I thought the first movie was pretty good. The second just seemed so rushed! Like they just wanted to get the story in there. There were superb special effects (can't expect enything less from ILM), but it's like the story was crammed in and there was not a lot of entertainment. Just rushed, I guess. But judging from the trailer, I think Episode III is going to be really good! I may be alone in this opinion, but I thought Matrix Revolutions was better than the first two put together! So it will probably be the same for me with Episode III, but might not for others.

Lightsaber duels will still rule, though. In any Star Wars movie. Even if this next one is bad.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#12 Post by Alias » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:50 am

I've loved all the star wars films, this one will be very good by the looks of the trailers.

Amayirot Akago
Royal Servant Status

#13 Post by Amayirot Akago » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:32 am

Also, I've heard a VERY interesting rumor: before Alec Guinness (Obi-Wan Kenobi from A New Hope) went to Actor Heaven, he supposedly recorded a monologue for the ending of Episode III. Would be very cool if this is actually true :smokin