KQ or QFG

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

You enjoyed the ??????? series more

Kings Quest
30%
Quest For Glory
70%

Total votes: 27

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

KQ or QFG

#1 Post by Music Head » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:15 am

Isn't it hard to choose?

Gav
Knight Status

#2 Post by Gav » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:12 pm

The QFG series. In my experience, the games seemed to have much fewer dead ends (than the KQs), so I've actually finished them, and I only had to use a walkthrough to help me in 2.

The King's Quest games are fantastic, of course, but I hold a grudge against 6 in particular (which I otherwise loved) since every time I found out that I had missed something, I had to start the game from very early.

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Vipt » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:56 pm

I can't really choose one. I like them both for different reasons. The King's Quest games have a little more nostalgic value for me, and sometimes I prefer playing a straight-through adventure game where I don't have to worry about battling monsters, trying to find a place to rest each night, healing my character after every battle, levelling up all my stats, collecting enough money to buy a necessary item, etc. But then again, sometimes I am in the mood to waste away a couple of hours fighting every monster I can find in order to reach that oh-so satisfying level of character build-up where one feels almost invincible, only later to realise how incredibly weak he actually is upon entering a new area or encountering the next big boss. Then I play one of the Quest For Glory games. It simply depends on my mood.

Does anyone else feel similarly?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#4 Post by Gronagor » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:42 pm

QfG - no contest.

But I wouldn't put any result here down as fact, since most visitors to the forums (at this stage) are QfG fans. And AGDI ain't working on a KQ. Same poll at KQ9 might come out differently.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Alias » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:11 pm

QFG, you didnt die 24/7, and puzzles make sense. QFG is the best of the best the finest of RPGs/Adventure games. QFG3 & 4 are second best and 5 takes it all, the 3D backgrounds and sprites were lovely and a very realistic battle system. :D

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:44 pm

I like both add *both kings quest and Quest for glory were good for a choice.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#7 Post by Ghost_Rider » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:48 am

For me it's definitely Quest for Glory.

The combat, the building up of skills, and also having different character types made it fun to play through the QFG games more than once. Of course I probably would have played through many times anyway (which I have) :D

Anyway, King's Quest games were fun too, but I found after I'd been through them once, I didn't have the desire to go back through them again.

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#8 Post by Peter Swinkels » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:20 am

I liked both series a lot for different reasons. Although I do like it when a game offers a lot freedom in what you can and can't do. Quest for Glory is lot more flexible when it comes to what you can and can't do. But then again Quest for Glory is part RPG and part adventure... King Quest is adventure only...

LouisianaNight
Peasant Status

QfG or KQ

#9 Post by LouisianaNight » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:41 pm

Counting only the original series(not counting fan-made games)...

Kings Quest is better, the first time you play it.
QfG is better, when playing thru it more than once.
IMHO

I voted for Kings Quest.