If you would make an adventure game...

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

If you would make an adventure game...

#1 Post by Peter Swinkels » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:38 am

...What would it be about? I've been thinking for quite a while that it woud be nice to make a simple adventure game myself, but, I can't really decide what it should be about. Yes, I know making adventure games is a lot of work, requires different skills such as story writing (which I'm no good at), drawing, game designing and programming that's why I intend to IF I would try to make an adventure game to keep it simple. But, that's not what this post is about.

What this post is about, is what would an adventure game be about if you made one? I'm also asking to see how many people are interested in making an adventure game themselves. Note: I'm not interested in hearing about remakes of or fan sequels to existing games.
Last edited by Peter Swinkels on Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jawbone
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Jawbone » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:14 am

Well, I would make an adventure game based off the characters I created, and depending who would star in it, would portray the kind of game it would be. I know it's vague but I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear me go on about my characters.

mrredhatter
Peasant Status

Re: If you would make an adventure game...

#3 Post by mrredhatter » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:37 am

If I called the shots at a company like AGD we would remake 1-4 of the KQ series, then create a game for each of the three KQ book titles that didn't receive their own original games. "The Floating Castle", "Kingdom of Sorrow", and "See No Weevil".
Last edited by mrredhatter on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:05 pm

IA is already doing Kingdom of Sorrow. The others aren't worth it.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:18 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:IA is already doing Kingdom of Sorrow. The others aren't worth it.
I dunno about that. I always thought The Floating Castle rather felt like a KQ game. See No Weevil, however, I agree isn't worth it.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#6 Post by Klytos » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:20 am

I think the Floating Castle was quite good. In fact, it annoyed me in novel form because I wasn't playing it!

sgtZzzeke
Peasant Status

#7 Post by sgtZzzeke » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:19 pm

I would make it Tour of Duty meets ST:Voyager.....Well...welll lets see now! I would....REMAKES are very popular these days...maybe..."Tresspasser in Zombieland"....done deal! For real! I would take POSTAL1 and mash it in Police Quest 1 and call it Quest for Story!!! :hat