[Poll] Make-up or no make-up?

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

[Poll] Makeup or no make-up?

No make-up...I like to be able to see a girl's natural beauty!
67%
Makeup...let's keep Estee Lauder, and Avon in business!
7%
I couldn't care less!!!!!
27%

Total votes: 45

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#26 Post by Swift » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:11 pm

Ah. Thanks.

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#27 Post by VampD3 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:52 pm

However, in the photos I've seen of Deb, I think she wears the right amount.
Aww thanks, Yeah I tend to go natural most of the time ;) its sexy but simple. I hate it when you look at a girl and you know shes got makeup on, I go for the look where you can't really tell. But thankyou :)

although some days I wear more depending on what my complexion is doing!
I hear ya!!!

I have really thick and naturally wavy hair so I have to straighten it most of the time.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#28 Post by Klytos » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:33 pm

I hate to be a sheep and follow everyone else here, but I agree. Little or no makeup. I go for the more natural look, if I see a girl with a heap of facepaint on I have the urge to buy her a shovel.

But, as my uncle used to say (till he got married and under control) "If the barn door needs painting, paint it."

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#29 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:25 pm

The barn door... you austrizzles. :rollin

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#30 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:18 pm

Everyone knows women only dress up and wear makeup to impress other women. If women want to impress a guy, they just have to show up naked with a six-pack (waits for Klitos to respond). ;)

But seriously, I'd prefer no makeup either. A little is fine, but overdone looks awful. Little to none would be my vote.

~Wolfgang

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#31 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:14 am

Wolfgang Abenteuer wrote:Everyone knows women only dress up and wear makeup to impress other women. If women want to impress a guy, they just have to show up naked with a six-pack (waits for Klitos to respond). ;)

But seriously, I'd prefer no makeup either. A little is fine, but overdone looks awful. Little to none would be my vote.

~Wolfgang
I think Klitos would say as long as thy had the sixpack, it wouldn't matter if they were naked or not. :p

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#32 Post by KKuhlman » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:43 am

Little or none.
VampD3 wrote:my hair looks like I've been dragged through a bush backwards
I know this one myself, looking in the mirror at the morning can be quite shocking when you have long hair :lol

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#33 Post by Klytos » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:29 am

If women want to impress a guy, they just have to show up naked with a six-pack
It takes more than a six pack to impress me. More like a carton. :lol

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#34 Post by Gronagor » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:29 am

Nah... a bottle of brandy, and a TV to watch the sport. :lol

(Funny how the blown-up northern hemisphere Rugby teams all lost this weekend. :) At least you know a northern hemisphere team will win the Euro2004 soccer. :) )

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#35 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:20 pm

I'll take the carton, the girl, and the TV thank you very much.

Only kidding ladies, I am a candle-light dinner man. But not until after the game. :p

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#36 Post by VampD3 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:13 am

But not until after the game.
That wouldn't be the case if you had me as a girlfriend ;) joking :p

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#37 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:10 pm

VampD3 wrote:
But not until after the game.
That wouldn't be the case if you had me as a girlfriend ;) joking :p
Let's put that to the test! :p

Angelus, can I borrow her for a few hours? :lol

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#38 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:45 am

A few hours?? May take longer ;)

EDIT:- that was me, Vamp lol :lol

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#39 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:05 pm

Angelus3K wrote:A few hours?? May take longer ;)

EDIT:- that was me, Vamp lol :lol
Ok, if that was Angelus, that was funny.

But since it was you Vamp, that makes it hysterical!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#40 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:10 pm

So sue me if I sound shallow.........

but sure, a girl looks great with no make-up if you truly like her. But sometimes a great makeup job just enhances what is already there. Most of you guys who oggle certain women probably don't realize the amounts of makeup they have on.

Yeah, give me make-up on a girl; it makes them look pretty in a different way. And it makes them happy.

Bt

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#41 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:18 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:So sue me if I sound shallow.........

but sure, a girl looks great with no make-up if you truly like her. But sometimes a great makeup job just enhances what is already there. Most of you guys who oggle certain women probably don't realize the amounts of makeup they have on.

Yeah, give me make-up on a girl; it makes them look pretty in a different way. And it makes them happy.

Bt
I'd say more often than not, girls use too much. Sometimes it does make a pretty girl ever prettier, but other times, I just want the normal look. Their normal cute face.

chels
Royal Servant Status

#42 Post by chels » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:03 am

i used to go without makeup until just about everbody i worked with in a musical at school (including the choral director) told me that I looked better with it. so now i don't leave the house without eyeliner and mascara. I wasn't to happy about it at first but I don't look so plain anymore and haven't been mistaken for a 12 year old since.

Duckzilla
Peasant Status

#43 Post by Duckzilla » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:13 am

Please don't tell me I've seen my last painted face.

Gin-Gin
Peasant Status

#44 Post by Gin-Gin » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:51 pm

Personally, I only wear some blush and lipgloss (sometimes only chapstick). I'm pretty low-maintenance :p I didn't even try eye shadow until I was like 17, and I hardly ever wear it (I have contacts, and plus, I don't see any big difference). I think it's fine to wear make up as long as you don't go all Tammy Faye with it, and don't take an hour and a half to get ready (like one of my dear friends who washes and dries her hair twice a day). For the most part, if you're young, you're going to look good anyway, so why plaster on a ton of paint? I think most girls look just fine without makeup, and a lot of it is self-esteem issues or wanting to fit in with certain other girls. It just kind of gets on my nerves when girls act so silly about it that they won't go bring out the garbage if they don't have their makeup on, or if they can't go camping without it. That's borders on pathetic. My husband told his mom that he didn't see much of a difference when she had her makeup on and her hair fixed, and she got kind of offended.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#45 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:35 pm

I had a conversation about this with my friend Jessica, and I told her that I like it when girls wear make up. It's just a girly thing; not that no make-up makes you heinous or something, but yeah - girls wear makeup. It's what they do...... some don't, though, but those who do usually like to wear it because it makes them feel prettier. And you can compliment them and say stuff like "You look so beautiful without it...." but they won't believe you, so let them wear it, AND tell them how beautiful they are.

Bt

rosel1
Knight Status

#46 Post by rosel1 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:28 pm

Conflicting opinions...huh? Well, the reason I started this poll is because I've heard both...but mostly the "no makeup" comments, at work and elsewhere.

I was touching up my makeup at work one time when the guy I worked with asked: "Why do you put some much gunk on your face, you look perfect without it" I thought he was just being nice, so I smiled and said: "Thanks...but, that's just your opinion."

Then there's another guy I know who always comments on how great I look with my makeup on!

I feel more comfortable with at least a little makeup on. Some days I go without any...other days, more than usual due to blemish problems. I personally think that less is better, myself.

It's really just a girl-self-esteem thing! :)

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#47 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:27 pm

We should have a contest.

All the girls who have posted in this thread -- if you feel comfortable -- post pics of yourself with makeup and post pics without makeup.

And if at least ten of you do it, I promise to go out, buy makeup, put it on and take a picture and post it. BT promises too! :p

The Knight
King of Men

#48 Post by The Knight » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:30 pm

nd if at least ten of you do it, I promise to go out, buy makeup, put it on and take a picture and post it. BT promises too!
Are there even ten girls on the forums? ;) :lol :lol

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#49 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:01 am

Rambaldi0503 wrote:All the girls who have posted in this thread -- if you feel comfortable -- post pics of yourself with makeup and post pics without makeup.
Hardy Har har! You are the bravest man I know, Ram. I salute you.
Ram-Boo-Boo The Great wrote:And if at least ten of you do it, I promise to go out, buy makeup, put it on and take a picture and post it. BT promises too! :p
Okay. If even TWO girls here posts pics comparing with and without make up, I'll not only post pics of me without make up, I'll post a pic of me in makeup and a DRESS.

Bt

PS I'll even HOST the pics if need be.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#50 Post by Swift » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:26 am

Rambaldi0503 wrote:And if at least ten of you do it, I promise to go out, buy makeup, put it on and take a picture and post it. BT promises too! :p
Blackthorne519 wrote: Okay. If even TWO girls here posts pics comparing with and without make up, I'll not only post pics of me without make up, I'll post a pic of me in makeup and a DRESS.
Argh... so tempted... to... post... Must... not... be taken... in... by tempting... offer.