The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#351 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:05 pm

It's a pain to get over to the Statue (by helicopter) except during one of the missions where it's easier. Don't want to spoil that for you though.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#352 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:09 pm

Yea it is a pain you actually have to take 2 copters switching copter in mid flight!!!

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#353 Post by KKuhlman » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:30 pm

#"! to you! :lol
You are making the weeks wait even more difficult there, Ang(i)elus :p

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#354 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:36 pm

Spiderman 2 players I need your help!

At the beginning of the game you were in an arcade and it implied you could play games in it, is this true? and where is it on the map I cant find it anywhere!!!

Cheers

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#355 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:51 pm

Haven't fund that arcade Angelus, but I'll start looking!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#356 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:08 pm

I found it!! I had to start a new game (temporairly) to find it on the map and YES you can play games! I have unlocked 4 games so far!

Ok here are some directions lol Near the Pizza Shop (which is on your map) there is a large green area to the left of it is the water and to the right of it is the Arcade shop.

If you cant find it I'll post a pic of the location!

Night!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#357 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:50 pm

Did you find the Arcade Rambaldi? Its got some cool mini games in it!

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#358 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:01 pm

Angelus3K wrote:Did you find the Arcade Rambaldi? Its got some cool mini games in it!
Nah, I've been doing the MJ and pizza missions so far. The buoy explorer stuff is gonna take FOREVERRRRRRR

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#359 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:37 pm

Hey Broomie/Soulblighter,

You guys played Spiderman 2 yet?? Its out in the UK now go rent it!!!

On a similar note, just started playing the PC version of Spiderman 2, its kinda the same but you dont have free willed swinging you click the mouse on these target thingies... the console version is MUCH better lol!

Broomie
The Enigma

#360 Post by Broomie » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:57 pm

It's out for Gamecube aswell but when I see adverts for it all I see is Buy it for Playstation 2 now! So I'm abit confused. If it's only for PS2 then I think I might trade in the gamecube and get my own PS2. I have no choice. :'(

Jafar
Super Star

#361 Post by Jafar » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:23 pm

Its on Gamecube. Some people are just jerks and only advertise PS2. >:

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#362 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:24 pm

It is available for GC http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?c ... mid=321586 and your local Blockbuster should have it in for rent.

The PS2 version is advertised cos obviously the PS2 is a cooler console! j/k its probably due to something like either Sony paid for the advert or more likely because most people would have a PS2 so they target it for that audience.

Personally I would prefer to play it on PS2 just because the controller is perfect (IMO) and I would have to mess around with the GC controller.

But like I said go rent see if ya like it! Well you WILL like it lol

Jafar
Super Star

#363 Post by Jafar » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:27 pm

Personally I would prefer to play it on PS2 just because the controller is perfect
You do know that Sony ripped off of the SNES controller don't you? IMO, The PS2 Controller is annoying(The D-pad mostly. It hurts your thumbs) The GC is best and the X-box..........Is like a disgusting slab of.......... :|

Broomie
The Enigma

#364 Post by Broomie » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:30 pm

Thought so. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :D

Spiderman 2 next week!!!

Jafar
Super Star

#365 Post by Jafar » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:34 pm

Your welcome. I wouldnt want anyone to switch to an inferior console. :lol j/k

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#366 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:35 pm

I always loved the Snes pad! Plus most games these days use the analouge sticks to move etc

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#367 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:00 am

I hate both X box controlers especially for Vice city if you're running and you want to switch weapons you break your thumbs. I once was playing that game near the end and was really getting into ya know shoostin all the baddies using analog to duck while changing weapons and my friends had to have a lil Nintendo rehab with me cause my thumbs were huge.

personally i like the Dreamcast controller the most. My girl friend was like why is it so great? (she's into this crap like me) *put's it in her hands "ohhhhhhhh I see"

But I agree with hating the PS2 controller. the 4 top buttons and analog clicks and how blocky the top is. Unless your index finger reaches to the top part of the controller perfectly to rap around you're screwed for R2 and L2. and the little grips make me want to be extra careful because it's like holding stale presidents choice ice cream cones.

of all the new systems though GCN has the best controller IMO but that's probably because DC and GCN are the only of the four I own.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#368 Post by Skyshark » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:28 am

I find the GCN and X-Box (revised one) controllers more awkward to use than the PS2 controller. Then again, I've had a PS1 since 1998, so I've probably got used to it. Nevertheless, I find it more comfortable to use.

Anyway, I got some money off the government last week (temporarily unemployed after now having finished university studies and awaiting the graduation ceremony itself in September!!! :D :smokin ), so I finally went out and got a USB headset (Logitech one, as the Sony one allegedly has a reputation for being easy to break and the Logitech was only $AU10 more than the Sony one). I hired out SOCOM II again and the headset definitely helps with the online section! There were a few whiners with headsets as well, but it was a lot easier to function as a team.

I've been advised by some of the other players to hold off on getting my own copy of the game, though, as the online gaming server in Oz is apparently swamped with glitchers, cheaters and rankwhores, as well as laggers (who are very hard to hit unless you've got something like a M60), and Sony are a bit slow to do something about them! I remember seeing one guy jump off a cliff and jump a very long distance of about 20 metres in the space of about 2 seconds to the ground below, so I guess he found a glitch or was using a Gameshark or Action Replay (according to rumours I've heard).

Broomie
The Enigma

#369 Post by Broomie » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:25 pm

Okay what is wrong with the Gamecube controller, it is basically the PS2 controller. Observe.

Same kinda shape, buttons are basically in the same place. (4 action buttons on the right, movement on the left, Start in the middle, and two analog sticks)

X-Box controller is just nasty looking.

I prefer the Gamecube controller, not because I like the Gamecube more than the PS2, but because it fits into your hand smoothly. PS2 is annoying because the buttons are too far in the controller (not sure how to explain it) so it's annoying when you press them. It's also quite slippery and I like one I can have a grip on, like the Gamecube. The only cons are the R and L buttons on the Gamecube, you have to press them right in, where as the PS2 you just have to tap it.

So the Gamecube has IMO the best controller.

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#370 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:38 pm

I was actually a fan of the N64 controller. But my PS2 controller is nice too.

Adol
Peasant Status

#371 Post by Adol » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:42 pm

I rather like the analog sticks on the PS controller, a little more sensitive in my opinion
I DON'T like the L and R Buttons on the GCN controller, too hard to press in a hurry (especially all the way down)
However, the rest of the buttons are much better on the GCN controller.
of course, my wife was looking at the SNES controller with distain, she though she was gunna break the poor sucker (she was only used to a PS controller)

PumpkinChick
Peasant Status

#372 Post by PumpkinChick » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:32 pm

Gamecube and ps2 controllers are tied for me. I like the placement of the buttons better on the ps2, and I like the 4 action button configuration (X,O, triangle, square), as opposed to the 2-button (A & B) that the GC controllers have.

But the GC controllers just feel good. I like just holding them cause they feel nice. I feel truly at peace when I hit the trigger buttons. They're kind of cheaply made though, I managed to destroy one by throwing it against a wall. And I didn't throw it all that hard either.

The Xbox controllers just suck though. Even the smaller ones. They're way too big, too heavy, and just ugly. I like them better than the Dreamcast controllers though, now those were a handful.

Broomie
The Enigma

#373 Post by Broomie » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:39 pm

PumpkinChick wrote:Gamecube and ps2 controllers are tied for me. I like the placement of the buttons better on the ps2, and I like the 4 action button configuration (X,O, triangle, square), as opposed to the 2-button (A & B) that the GC controllers have.
Gamecube has a 5 action button configuration actually, don't forget X, Y and Z, the small grey buttons just above A + B and the purple one just below R. Also I wouldn't know if they broke easily as I don't get stressed by losing on games.

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#374 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:42 pm

Just announced TODAY, PS3 will premiere at E3 in 2005. Along with new Nintendo system. No word on Xbox2.

PumpkinChick
Peasant Status

#375 Post by PumpkinChick » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:47 pm

Broomie wrote:
PumpkinChick wrote:Gamecube and ps2 controllers are tied for me. I like the placement of the buttons better on the ps2, and I like the 4 action button configuration (X,O, triangle, square), as opposed to the 2-button (A & B) that the GC controllers have.
Gamecube has a 5 action button configuration aswell, don't forget X, Y and Z, the small grey buttons just above A + B and the purple one just below R. Also I wouldn't know if they broke easily as I don't get stressed by losing on games.
Yeah...I guess I just don't see X, Y, and Z as being the same as A & B, it's as if they're lesser buttons somehow. Whereas on the ps2 controllers all the buttons are the same. Yay for equality! Or something... ^^; eheh

Oh, and I wasn't stressed out by losing a game. I was actually trying to toss a controller to someone, but I have really horrible aim...