QFG2 VGA Intro

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Buddy Cole

QFG2 VGA Intro

#1 Post by Buddy Cole » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:03 pm

hi.....

i was just reading the recent update on the website here and i was just curious for the intro will you also include the genie on the sierra mountain like in the original or no, since AGDI is remaking it, or are you gonna do something different like have the genie climb over an huge AGDI stone monument while our hero and the gang fly by???

deltamatrix
Knight Status

three words

#2 Post by deltamatrix » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:59 pm

wait and see

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#3 Post by Gronagor » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:07 am

Interesting point. Did you guys think about that? Or is that last minute worries? :)

Tierra would have been easy with the planet... hmmm...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:48 am

Seeing that the AGDI logo isn't much for a djinni to hide behind (it's basically just flashy letters), we'll probably keep the mountain in.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#5 Post by Gronagor » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:29 am

Can't you have a female Djinn in this version. :p

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Myth and Intro

#6 Post by Brainiac » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:06 am

Gronagor wrote:Can't you have a female Djinn in this version. :p
If they were to stick with actually Persian/Arabic/Islamic myth, the few female djinn/spirits I've read of are QUITE nasty. Besides, who cares what the put in as long as they keep the Enterprise? :D

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

Re: Myth and Intro

#7 Post by Gronagor » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:09 am

Brainiac wrote:Besides, who cares what the put in as long as they keep the Enterprise? :D
Which one? Not really possible to make out which Enterprise was in QfG2EGA. :)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#8 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:06 am

It's not the Enterprise, it's the Exitprise!

Jeez, you QFG2 fans should know that! :D

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#9 Post by Gronagor » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:41 am

Heh. The Exitprise is in the Magic Shop. :) They never mentioned whether it was the same one! |I

Ok... you got us there. :)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#10 Post by Gronagor » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:44 am

Will we see Manananananan in Shapeir during one of his 'journeys'? :) Hey! Perhaps he should appear in WIT! Perhaps you should have all the wizards from all the quest games in WIT!
Last edited by Gronagor on Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shade
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Shade » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:05 pm

Do you think they'd allow him in WIT? They booted Katrina when she became the Dark Master.

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#12 Post by Renodox » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:07 pm

They booted Katrina long before that. Here's the story Acording to Lori:

"Where was Katrina born? I don't think I've ever answered that one. She was born in a city called Wien in the kingdom of Sangerhafen, which is roughly the equivalent of Vienna Austria on our world. She was born beautiful, but very poor. She learned quickly how cruel the world could be, and so she used every skill at her means in order to survive. She hated the feeling that comes from being a penniless woman, and promised herself that she would find a way so that she would never be powerless again.

While she was a courtesan, she attracted the attention of a wizard. She learned magic from him. With his sponsorship she went to WIT. However the wizards were conservatice old farts who had a difficult time dealing with a beautiful and very ambitious woman in thier midst. When a demonic invasion threatened the very halls of WIT, Katrina didn't hesitate to use a forbidden destructive ritual that repelled the demons, but also killed several wizards, which is why she was kicked out. She was too ruthless for them.

Spurned by WIT when she felt she should have been lauded a hero, she travelled a great deal in search of spells of power. So she had been to Silmaria, but didn't stay long. She met a dark Wizard there who promised her eternal beauty if she followed him. Since that was her first and greatest weapon, she accepted the offer. Too late, she learned the price of eternal beauty was death, and so she became a vampire. It was many years until she found the means to destroy the dark wizard who was her Master Vampire.

And so she was amused when Ad Avis sought her out to learn the secrets of eternity. Despite the fact that Ad Avis obviously despised women, he had heard rumors of the dark master of magic, and assumed Katrina was a man. Ad Avis was the sort of man that Katrina had known in the past, and was glad to get even. So she enslaved him with her bite rather than just killing him, and played cruel games with him until she grew tired of him. At which point she let him go, knowing he was bound to her at his death.

So no, she didn't willingly turn into a vampire. And she hated being one. To be totally powerless during the daylight hours was abhorent to her. And yet, that became her fate. In terms of age, she died at 26.

So that's pretty much Katrina's story. She's been used, and had used others in return. Yet despite all the unhappiness she had in the past, some part of her still believed in love. And that part eventually leads to her redemption."

Besides, they let Ad Avis remain in W.I.T. and rather than try to unleash an evil Dijinni he just kidnapped kids.

Thepal
Knight Status

#13 Post by Thepal » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:31 am

Wow. I didn't realise the Coles ever said about Katrina's past. That is so cool ^_^

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#14 Post by Swift » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:48 am

Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing with us.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Katrina

#15 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:55 am

Cool info. I presume the folks at Project Katrina are aware of all of it?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#16 Post by Erpy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:45 am

He got that info from Lori Ann on behalf of that project.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#17 Post by Gronagor » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:49 am

Nice story. :)

Manananananan gave WIT no reason to boot him... The only requirement for WIT was years of study!

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#18 Post by Renodox » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:36 am

He got that info from Lori Ann on behalf of that project.
Actually, the information was retrieved on behalf of the project but it was not I who obtained it. The information was obtained by Paladin Wizard. He took it upon himself to e-mail Lori Ann in order to help the project. ...I just couldn't take credit for what I didn't do.