Quest For Glory 4 1/2 So You Thought You Were A Hero 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Quest For Glory 5 Dragon Fire 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
They Were All Good In Their Own Way 15%  15%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 131
 Post subject: A Serious QFG Poll
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:53 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

I'ma go with 1 VGA even though I never beat it

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:35 am 
Dungeon Mistress

QG 4 was the first game I played, so it has a special place in my heart.

(Superhero Badge, courtesy of Pyro)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:22 pm 
The Heretic

I voted for QFG5 even though I know I'm in the minority based on past discussions.

"The woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works...bind them with fury; a burning anger. Unless prevented, at vulgar cost, this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:23 pm 
The Enigma

I was tempted to vote QFG 4 1/2 but I decided QFG2 is it. I haven't played QFG4 properly. I didn't really get into it for some reason, looks great but I was walking around not having a clue what to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:25 pm 
Archival Expert

Quest For Glory 4.5 doesn't belong in that list. It's like comparing apples and oranges, making the final choice invalid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:27 pm 
Slacker of Shapeir

no one likes QFG1 VGA? aww :(

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:27 pm 
Royal Servant Status

I voted QFG5. I love the amount of freedom in that game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:26 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

Why doesn't anyone like Wages of War?

4/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:58 am 
Dungeon Mistress

I thought Wages of War was far too short a game to be considered the best of the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:11 am 
Saurus Salesman

I really loved the game myself, but it was too short.

QfG2 really can't be beaten. I bet most people who voted QfG4 played 4 before 2 the first time they played the series. That's just the impression I sometimes get... going back to EGA from QfG4's VGA graphics probably spoiled the experience for these players.

Post subject: Two versus Four
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:47 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

Gronagor wrote:
QfG2 really can't be beaten. I bet most people who voted QfG4 played 4 before 2 the first time they played the series. That's just the impression I sometimes get... going back to EGA from QfG4's VGA graphics probably spoiled the experience for these players.

Personally, I thought QFG4's plot and characters were indeed better than QFG2's, and I played all the games in order. However, I consider Trial by Fire to be superior to Shadows of Darkness simply because of its far greater stability.

However, with DOSbox and all of NewRisingSun's patch work, I may have to change my opinion soon...

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:59 pm 
Peasant Status

I was quite fond of QFG 4. I rather enjoyed the very dark atmosphere and story. But what I REALLY enjoyed was the characterizations and how the vast majority of the characters were fleshed out. I also enjoyed how the townsfolk attitude toward the hero changed over the game.
And I love honorable werewolves
eh, what can I say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:25 pm 
Peasant Status

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:
no one likes QFG1 VGA? aww :(

I do! That's my favorite QFG game. It really got me into the series.

Post subject: Re: Two versus Four
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:32 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

Brainiac wrote:
Gronagor wrote:

Personally, I thought QFG4's plot and characters were indeed better than QFG2's, and I played all the games in order. However, I consider Trial by Fire to be superior to Shadows of Darkness simply because of its far greater stability.

However, with DOSbox and all of NewRisingSun's patch work, I may have to change my opinion soon...

I could honestly give a crap about a games "stability". That never factors into my decision into what a 'good' game it is. Yeah, I can understand that they are annoying, but I loved QFG4. I was totally immersed in the story, and it's where many points of the lore that had built up over 3 games came into play. We foung out more about Ad Avis, Erana etc. It was just a great game. It doens't take me a patch to figure that out.

Not to say QFG2 isn't great; I loved that game too. I liked 3, but I felt it a bit weak compared to the others.

Bt

Post subject: Re: Two versus Four
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:30 am 
Royal Vizier Status

Blackthorne519 wrote:
I could honestly give a crap about a games "stability". That never factors into my decision into what a 'good' game it is. Yeah, I can understand that they are annoying, but I loved QFG4. I was totally immersed in the story, and it's where many points of the lore that had built up over 3 games came into play. We foung out more about Ad Avis, Erana etc. It was just a great game. It doens't take me a patch to figure that out.

Not to say QFG2 isn't great; I loved that game too. I liked 3, but I felt it a bit weak compared to the others.

Bt

Oh, don't get me wrong; the most important thing to me is the plot and characters in a game, not the game stability. However, when it reaches the level it has in QFG4, I find the sheer annoyance level of it to be a detractor. I agree that Shadows of Darkness is by far the best developed game in terms of plot with Trial by Fire finishing second (maybe it's Ad Avis? :D ), but the sheer concentration of errors diminishes Shadows as a whole.

Basically, think of it this way: as a game, Trial by Fire is a more enjoyable overall experience, but turn both games into novels/movies/any non-interactive story medium, and Shadows wins hands down.

At least, that's my take on it. :D

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:03 am 
Super Star

Quote:
Quest For Glory 4 1/2 So You Thought You Were A Hero

What? What are you talking about? There is no 4 1/2. Is there? Did I miss sonething? :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:14 am 
Dungeon Mistress

That's the spoof QFG game, called "So you thought you were a hero?". I'd post the link, but I'm not sure if that's allowed. The game does have crude racist and sexual jokes.

Edit: Tried accessing the website. It seems to be offline. Wonder what happened to it. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:46 am 
Super Star

Ah. I'll pass then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:23 am 
Royal Vizier Status

It's actually a rather well made and fun little AGS game. I enjoyed 4.5, but it is purely parody!

Bt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:02 pm 
Peasant Status

2 Was my favorite, but that's going on never really playing 4. I could never get 5 minutes into that game because there was a bug that shut it off at the same point every time. I really still want to play it because it looked pretty interesting, but I don't know how to make the game work. If anyone can tell me what to do that would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:13 pm 
Dungeon Mistress

Perhaps this will help, El Llano.

patch

Post subject: Voting for Best QFG
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:00 pm 
Knight Status

I voted for III

It's a distinct time in my life when I (as Hero) became Paladin in my own right. It was during the wages of war that my own personal trials were put to the test, and I grew greatly as a person. I no longer sought after the gold and the glory, I instead discovered that being a true hero meant something more, it meant believing in myself and in my friends, and having the heart to do the right thing in the middle of the darkest hour.

After III, I was no longer a boy searching for acceptance, but a man with passion in my heart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:03 pm 
Super Star

Where have you been? Last time I saw you, I was trying to catch the avatar in Angelus' game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:31 pm 
Knight Status

I voted for Quest for Glory 4, I like the atmosphere and story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:26 pm 
Royal Servant Status

I voted for Quest for Glory 4, and I agree that 4 1/2 should not be on the list.