Well, since there are lots of comic book readers here...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Relight
Archival Expert

#26 Post by Relight » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:47 pm

Yeah, I've been reading all that stuff. I can't wait for that movie. What a great series!

I'm not sure about Catwoman. The teaser made the movie look awful, but the trailer made it look better.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#27 Post by Spikey » Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:00 pm

And why did they have to make jokes about the clothes? If they didn't like the costumes, just... don't mention it. It felt like a stupid way to explain the x-men doesn't wear their costumes. 'What? You expected blue and yellow spandex?' or something like that. In fact... these new costumes are even more pathetic than the costumes they joked about.
Astonishing X-men #1
Wolverine: "Here come the tights.."
Cyclops: "Sorry, Logan, super heroes wear costumes. And quite frankly, all the black leather is making people nervous.
Shadowcat: "Okay. I officially really really don't know why I'm here."
Why did they have to mention Rogue's real name???? Rogue doesn't have a name!! At that time it was the biggest secret in the X-men.
Obviously you didn't read X-treme X-men: it's Raven. Anna Raven. No this is not an alternate universe comic, X-treme was the team that was lead by Storm recently.
The second movie was quite a bit better than the first one. But still... in the end the main bad guys were just too easy to defeat.
Mystique, Magneto and Pyro were not actually defeated.
Let me put it this way... the only reason why most X-Men fans liked the movies was that you saw your heroes on the big screen. 'Hey look! That's Colossus', 'hey look there's Gambit's name', etc.
Utter nonsense. Most characters are unknown to the fans, even. Douglas Ramsey was in there, but his name was never mentioned in the final movie. BUT, the actor recalls he was cast as Douglas Ramsey, though only a few in the world know now. No, those characters were parts and bits of the bigger whole, of all the ideas and things that were too much to put in the movie. Of course, it was fun to see Shadowcat, Jubilee, Syrin, Colossus, but that was not what it was about at all. I liked the movie, the story and what they did with it.

The main characters are only a few X-men of all the mutants that were X-men over the past decades anyway. They narrowed the numbers down quite a bit in my opinion, to expand the characters instead of throwing it full with a bunch of characterless superpeople. They could have stuffed it with famous X-men like Havok, Polaris, Juggernaut, Bishop, Rachel Summers, Cannonball, Sage, Emma Frost, Archangel, Cable, Northstar, Psylocke, X-man, Banshee, Longshot, Dazzler (need I continue?) but they didn't.
They messed up the story-line!
So did X-men the Animated series. So did X-men Evolution. So does Ultimate X-men. So will X-men legends. Most of us like them anyway. They are ALTERNATE universes. It's impossible to sum up over 40 years of comicbooks in a few movies, they are just recreating something with the X-men concept as a basis.
Halle Berry should never have played the role of Storm. She didn't fit the role at all. Is she Storm or Catwoman. Hmmm... I think she messed up both characters for me.
Maybe you're right about this one, but the damage is done. Storm should have been more tall, with long legs and a more charismatic radiation, and Halle obviously doesn't have those things. But she does resemble the X-men Evolution Storm a bit. Oh well, they said they would write a bigger part for her in the next movie.

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#28 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:54 pm

They have to change some of the storylines to make non-fans like the movies more. Comic books have SUCH long storylines they need to be condenssed (also, people won't put up with the fact villains are never never killed forever in movies the way people put up with it in comics).