Leisure Suit Larry 3 vga Cancelled

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#101 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:17 pm

My hats off to the boards mods.
What did I do wrong this time?

LucasFan
Royal Servant Status

#102 Post by LucasFan » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:35 pm

Err... Do you have problems with your eyes? The link to the picture is still visible...

JaimeOstos
Peasant Status

#103 Post by JaimeOstos » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:56 pm

Zeus wrote:Ban him. He obviously drawed this picture. But even if he did not,
showing here such a picture deserves a kick on his butts and a ban.
wtf? i just wanted to advertise Fribbi that there is that thing wandering around the internet, ok, sorry if i did something wrong, dont count with me for further help dudes.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#104 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:19 pm

Err... Do you have problems with your eyes? The link to the picture is still visible...
Actually, you posted that message before I even saw the initial post. Which gave me the impression it wasn't about me forgetting to also remove Zeus post, which had it quoted.
wtf? i just wanted to advertise Fribbi that there is that thing wandering around the internet, ok, sorry if i did something wrong, dont count with me for further help dudes.
Umm...the thing wandering around the internet was uploaded by you or it wouldn't be at the same URL as your avatar. Now please check your PM and let this case be dropped.

LucasFan
Royal Servant Status

#105 Post by LucasFan » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:23 pm

I think it wouldn't be bad to delete his signature as well...

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#106 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:37 pm

Curse me and my one language!!! Thanks for pointing that out.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#107 Post by Fribbi » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:11 pm

Ok first of all I know my first game was so lame and all of my updated backgrounds was so ugly. :cry

But now I got a personal problem. Why has some idiot has to act like this to me? That picture up there is one of my crazy jokes but some Spanish brainless guy is really getting on my nerves just because he was so disapointed with my first demo. So I have make up my mind that I will not make a VGA remake of Larry3. I have discovered that it would not be the same game. I liked the remake of Larry2 even it was in EGA color. So I will only use the same idea with my Larry3 remake and that's it. :(

Ok guys just look at this sick jokes from that idiot. It is not even funny!
My gawd how this world are sick now! >:

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#108 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:16 pm

No need to repost that pic, Fribs. I removed it today because I think everybody agrees it was in bad taste. (and it violates the forum rules too, which is why I prefer not to have it reposted, even to support your point)

The last thing you should do is let a troll influence your life. It gives them too much credit. Just let them starve.

(irrelevant detail that may be slightly comforting...after the signature text deal, we mods agreed to pull his plug permanently if he tried the same trick again. He did and we did. So I wouldn't worry about him. He spent his first and last day on the forums today. Translation: he won't be coming back.)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#109 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:25 pm

Fribbi, don't let him get you down.

You have the will, and want to remake the game. You should do it, no matter what. And with more practice, your graphics will get even better!

Don't let that guy bring you down. You've got tons of support from GOOD people here.

Bt

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#110 Post by Fribbi » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:29 pm

What do you mean did he come here too?

And I'm sorry about that image! I was not trying to break the rules but I was only telling about that sick guy who has being teasing me in my homepage guestbook and I asked them to stop this. Have AGDI got anything like this before. Atleat I'm not gay. I'm just a fan to Larry and well you know what I mean and it is nothing gay about that. :o

And well just like I said before Larry will be in VGA but the background will be the same from the EGA. It will take me forever if I draw every backgrounds. But this is my only choise now and well it will lower the megabytes anyway. :D

Of course I will never let those idiots ruin my life. I'm always get a silly jokes on me but that one was really sick joke and it was not even funny. But I admit this guy got me angry in this time because he was using my comic arts in his sick jokes. Those bastard! AAARG! >:

Here is the newest image from my game.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#111 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:14 pm

Aha! I already wondered how the heck you got that link. Yes, he posted the same URL here in this very discussion and I removed it, giving him a warning in the process. He tried to make it come across as if he just discovered that modified comic, but the fact that it was on the same webspace as his avatar kinda blew his cover.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#112 Post by Fribbi » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:27 pm

He will be banned in my homepage too. I already gave him a warning but he didn't listen to me. Every guests who writes a sick jokes or are trying to offend me in my own guestbook in my homepage will be banned. I have his IP number, whatever that is. :evil

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#113 Post by Fribbi » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:00 pm

Aaarg! Once again I got another idiots in my guestbook who hates my Lsl3vga works.

So I have no other choise now other than this.

Angelus could you remove that link from your webpage of my first game since it only are getting more angry people who has nothing better to do than insult me with their sick jokes and about my works on this game. The first demo wasn't even very good anyway.

I know they would rather play the game by Timosity than by me. But why don't they understand that this is my first try with the AGS. I know I have to learn more on this AGS how to create a game but I can't of course not please everyone with my own works.

I'm not even a competitor to Timosity. Timosity has even helped me very much with my works on this project when he gave me the texts I needed for the game so I don't have to waist many times on tracking that all down.

I just don't know why those Timosity's fans has to be like that to me.

I have already moved those guys from my guestbook again. I only do that if they have nothing else to say to me other than insult me. Those sick bastards! Ugh!

And if you sick bastard are still here and reading this, let me tell you this then: you can't stop me from this works no matter what you are saying to me. >:

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#114 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:09 pm

Can't you just ban his IP? If it's the same guy persisting his flaming...he should have a static IP adress.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#115 Post by Fribbi » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:36 pm

No I'cant do it by myself but I have already sent a complain about those guys to the managers who own the webpage. I only need to send them IP number wish I got now from those morons and they will take care of them who are calling me a faggot.
;)

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#116 Post by Fribbi » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:33 pm

Now I have finally got rid of this Spanish guy who insulted me I am just waiting for Angelus to announce my second demo. But that demo will be playable game but this game will show you how far I have done with this game. I know it will have some bugs but I will fix that in next time. :D

BtW on saturday in Iceland there will be Gay pride party in Reykjavik so I have to hide myself in some place I can be safe until that day is off hahaha. :lol :o :p

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

Leisure suit Larry 3 VGA cancelled.

#117 Post by Fribbi » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:06 am

Well after thinking alot about this I have decided to quit on my own works on this Leisure suit Larry 3 game. But instead I am going to create something new, something fresh, original game.

Why I have stop working on this?

Well I am only getting more insults from a stupids perverters in my website and beside someone else is remaking this game so why am I bother with this? It is too difficult for me to remake a game that was made of geniouses.

Damit that Spanish pervert dude is always changing his IP number. Why does he never leave me alone?

BTW I have already closed my Leisure suit Larry 3 demo page now.

I wish Timosity who is working on this game a good luck on his remake.

Are you happy now you Spanish freak!!!

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#118 Post by Pidgeot » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:51 am

Fribbi, there's always going to be idiots like him. Next time he tries anything, get his IP, do a reverse DNS lookup (you can e-mail me for help with that, if you want), and complain about him to his ISP using that info. Be sure to note the date and time (noting the timezone) he used that IP, so they can check any records they have.

Just don't let it get to you - regardless of how good or bad your work is, it's something you do because you want to. And jerks like him, who probably has no idea how difficult game programming is, have no right to act like he does.

Zeus
Knight Status

#119 Post by Zeus » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:18 pm

i came to these strange conclusions from your last reply:

1) It took you so many months in order to understand that larry remake of yours cannot have the quality finish of genious original creators as you said ?

2)To make matters worse : A spanish freak pervert helped you understand that your work maybe disapproved from public because
of lack of refinement?

3)A spanish freak pervert made you change your mind, extinguishing totally your motivation and made you cancel a project that you did it for fun and you enjoyed doing that?

4)An idiot criticised you badly and made you abandon your effort in something. Shouldn't you arm yourself with self confidence and try harder to prove him wrong ?

Poperino
Peasant Status

#120 Post by Poperino » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:34 pm

Is there any problem with spanish people?

If that guy u are talking about was from the USA would you say: that American freak?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#121 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:18 pm

If Fribbi's talking about the same guy who created that mockup comic and got my bootprint on his rear bumper later that day, he IS an American guy. (from Utah, actually) Although he was Spanish speaking.

Of course, I don't think Fribbi meant to generalize Spanish (or any other) people with his comments.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#122 Post by Fribbi » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:18 pm

Is there any problem with spanish people?

If that guy u are talking about was from the USA would you say: that American freak?
Of course I will do that. I am not a rasist. People who are boring to me will always get the same response from me. It doesn't matter if you are black, white, yellow or green and it does not even matter where you came from.

And no there is nothing wrong with all Spanish people. I have visit Spain twise and the people there are very nice and peaceful. And I will love to visit that land again. I am getting so tired of this rainings in Iceland now. But whoever who is teasing me now speak both English and spanish but Erpy said he is from Utah so now I am not sure any longer where he came from. Maybe he is not alone with this sick jokes on me. I think this is just a stupid 12 year old kid who is afraid of gays. Where did he get that idea I am a gay in first place? :\

Zeus
Knight Status

#123 Post by Zeus » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:06 am

Where did he get that idea I am a gay in first place? :\

I think this is just a stupid 12 year old kid :\
You answered your own question... :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#124 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:54 pm

Here is a NEW demo from Fribbi!!!

It is a little buggy as when I clicked the eye icon onto the telescope thing at the start the game crashes, but have fun!

LSL3VGA Demo 2

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#125 Post by anathoth8 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:07 pm

Hmm, does this mean that Fribbi is going to continue work on his game? I hate to see him give up on it just because of rude comments by one immature person.

Fribbi, don't let anyone tell you that you cannot do it, or that your work is not good enough. Anything you do, you should do for yourself first and foremost.

Good luck on whatever project you choose to pursue. :D