Asking help from classic game fans

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Panuru
Peasant Status

Asking help from classic game fans

#1 Post by Panuru » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:12 am

I'm sorry if this seems off topic, but i don't know where else to get this information.

I'm trying to find the name of an old game i used to play when I was very young. It was on a cousin's computer, and she and I would play it whenever we could (although we never beat it.. we where very young.). Anyway, I've lately had an urge to find that game and finally beat it but I couldn't remember what it was called, and my cousins have since gotten a new computer. None of my relatives remember what it could be and I'm at my wit's end. :(

All I remember about the game was this:

-You played as a girl in a long dress, your mission was to find a magic tree or fruit to help heal this woman who was in a tower you could visit.

-You typed in commands, like "clean" (which you could use in a house that looked like the seven dwarves' house, and theyu'd give you a bag of jewels.)

-One item you could find and pick up was a worm.

-There was a unicorn that would run when it saw you.

-There was a point-like system in the top right corner of the screen.

-There was a jewel mine where the dwarves worked.

-One way to die was to get eaten by a shark.

-There was a prision somewhere in the game, and someone wanted you to capture or kill the unicorn.

I figured that since the game I remember and both of the King's Quest games are SO very much alike, someone might recall the name of the one I'm talking about. I tried searching Sierra's website but I couldn't find anything and I'm not even sure that they made it.

Thank you so much, in advance!

Weaver1497
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Weaver1497 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:28 am

Your talking about "Kings Quest IV"

There is an AGI version and an early SCI version.

Hope you find it and have fun conquering it!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:35 am

http://www.mobygames.com/game/shots/p,2/gameId,129/

Check this link out for some screenshots

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#4 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:08 pm

eBay is probably the best chance to get a "real" copy of it.

Hale2000
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Hale2000 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:36 am

Oh dear...

I really feel the urge to play KQ4 again... It's been a long long time since I played it. I played it when it was new and haven't actually played it since. I seriously doubt that I can finish it in a flash. Don't remember too much from it.
Damn great game...

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:48 pm

SPEAKING OF........

MUZLACK!!

How's your KQIV game doin? Have you made any backgrounds recently?

I always loved your Seven Dwarves cottage.....

Bt

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#7 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:35 pm

Aww thanks, blackthorne!

The project is going pretty well. I wasn't able to do any work on the engine for a month or two cause I was working with a new copy of visual studio .net 2005 which I got from microsoft, and a long story short, I wasn't able to really work on it for a while.

I've done a lot of thinking about the project recently, and I might get someone to do the art, or at least help, if this project is going to be done anytime before 2015. :) . Designing the engine from scratch, creating the game, and doing the artwork is a little bit too much, and it would be nice to just concentrate on programming.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:03 pm

MuzlakOofmay wrote:Aww thanks, blackthorne!

The project is going pretty well. I wasn't able to do any work on the engine for a month or two cause I was working with a new copy of visual studio .net 2005 which I got from microsoft, and a long story short, I wasn't able to really work on it for a while.

I've done a lot of thinking about the project recently, and I might get someone to do the art, or at least help, if this project is going to be done anytime before 2015. :) . Designing the engine from scratch, creating the game, and doing the artwork is a little bit too much, and it would be nice to just concentrate on programming.
Tell me about it! You're a Brave man! But your backgrounds shore are purty..........

Bt