It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Asking help from classic game fans
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:12 am 
Peasant Status

I'm sorry if this seems off topic, but i don't know where else to get this information.

I'm trying to find the name of an old game i used to play when I was very young. It was on a cousin's computer, and she and I would play it whenever we could (although we never beat it.. we where very young.). Anyway, I've lately had an urge to find that game and finally beat it but I couldn't remember what it was called, and my cousins have since gotten a new computer. None of my relatives remember what it could be and I'm at my wit's end. :(

All I remember about the game was this:

-You played as a girl in a long dress, your mission was to find a magic tree or fruit to help heal this woman who was in a tower you could visit.

-You typed in commands, like "clean" (which you could use in a house that looked like the seven dwarves' house, and theyu'd give you a bag of jewels.)

-One item you could find and pick up was a worm.

-There was a unicorn that would run when it saw you.

-There was a point-like system in the top right corner of the screen.

-There was a jewel mine where the dwarves worked.

-One way to die was to get eaten by a shark.

-There was a prision somewhere in the game, and someone wanted you to capture or kill the unicorn.

I figured that since the game I remember and both of the King's Quest games are SO very much alike, someone might recall the name of the one I'm talking about. I tried searching Sierra's website but I couldn't find anything and I'm not even sure that they made it.

Thank you so much, in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:28 am 
Peasant Status

Your talking about "Kings Quest IV"

There is an AGI version and an early SCI version.

Hope you find it and have fun conquering it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:35 am 
Honorary AGD

http://www.mobygames.com/game/shots/p,2/gameId,129/

Check this link out for some screenshots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:08 pm 
The Heretic

eBay is probably the best chance to get a "real" copy of it.

"The woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works...bind them with fury; a burning anger. Unless prevented, at vulgar cost, this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:36 am 
Peasant Status

Oh dear...

I really feel the urge to play KQ4 again... It's been a long long time since I played it. I played it when it was new and haven't actually played it since. I seriously doubt that I can finish it in a flash. Don't remember too much from it.
Damn great game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:48 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

SPEAKING OF........

MUZLACK!!

How's your KQIV game doin? Have you made any backgrounds recently?

I always loved your Seven Dwarves cottage.....

Bt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:35 pm 
Lumberjack

Aww thanks, blackthorne!

The project is going pretty well. I wasn't able to do any work on the engine for a month or two cause I was working with a new copy of visual studio .net 2005 which I got from microsoft, and a long story short, I wasn't able to really work on it for a while.

I've done a lot of thinking about the project recently, and I might get someone to do the art, or at least help, if this project is going to be done anytime before 2015. :) . Designing the engine from scratch, creating the game, and doing the artwork is a little bit too much, and it would be nice to just concentrate on programming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:03 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

MuzlakOofmay wrote:
Aww thanks, blackthorne!

The project is going pretty well. I wasn't able to do any work on the engine for a month or two cause I was working with a new copy of visual studio .net 2005 which I got from microsoft, and a long story short, I wasn't able to really work on it for a while.

I've done a lot of thinking about the project recently, and I might get someone to do the art, or at least help, if this project is going to be done anytime before 2015. :) . Designing the engine from scratch, creating the game, and doing the artwork is a little bit too much, and it would be nice to just concentrate on programming.

Tell me about it! You're a Brave man! But your backgrounds shore are purty..........

Bt