The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#451 Post by KKuhlman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:45 pm

Angelus3K wrote:EDIT 3: Well... I guess I can make a badass CAW of The Rock...
...and name him Angelus :lol

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#452 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:26 pm

Yea lol I do actually always make a CAW called Angelus and I use him after I finished with The Rock but sadly this time... I'll have to make my own Peoples Champ, I still cant understand WHY The Rock isnt in the game!! Even if he is away to Hollywood he is still a central character to WWE!

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#453 Post by KKuhlman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:30 pm

Well he should get back to the wrestling ring since his movies are a bit.. Ah.. How to say.. *ahem* Not too great ;)

EDIT: Now that I think of it, 'Welcome to the jungle' had its good moments.. But Scorpion King.. Urgh.. :x

Broomie
The Enigma

#454 Post by Broomie » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:15 pm

The Rock is in Day of Reckoning. Maybe you might be able to win The Rock. Also Bret Hart is in Day of Reckoning!

I haven't watched WWE for a bit either but he should be back.
Last edited by Broomie on Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#455 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:23 am

Also Bret Hart is in Day of Reckoning also!
Brett Hart is in S v R too!

If you look on IGN they have the Final Roster and The Rock isnt even mentioned, they do say that they are going to announce a furhter 5 WWE legends but I dunno if they would include The Rock as a legend, even though he is lol plus even if he was it would be the old version of himself not the new version!!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#456 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:21 pm

Whoohooo!!!!!!!!

The Rock is available in S v R as a Legend which he god damn is!!!!

Broomie how good are you at online Smackdown...?

IT DOESNT MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE!!!

You little jabroni I'll Rock Bottom yo ass thru a hundred tables!

IF YA SMEEEEEEEELL WHAT THE ROCK & ANGELUS ARE COOKIN!!!

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#457 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:58 pm

If I was Vamp, I'd be a little nervous after seeing Angelus paste that "choice" pic of the Rock. :p

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#458 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:22 pm

You guys checked out the offical GTA: San Andreas Trailer I guess PS2 really does own!! :rollin :rollin

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#459 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:28 pm

Broomie our prayers have been answered!! I always knew God accepted "Knee Mail" lol!!
August 24, 2004 - THQ has finally answered the prayers of its fan base by exclusively confirming with IGN this afternoon that the online feature in its upcoming WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW will indeed make the final version of the game. Known to be a possibility that hinged on the results of the 4000-person beta test held by Sony Computer Entertainment earlier this month, the announcement of a definite online component is news that hopeful players have been writing us letters about for months now.

In keeping with its trend of keeping secrets this year, however, THQ has only confirmed a single online gameplay mode: Head-to-Head competition. What this means for veteran SmackDown players is that they'll be able to participate in exhibition matches with at least one other person over the Internet. Unfortunately, THQ representatives will not comment on just how many players can wrestle each other at one time. Nor will they reveal how many other (re: if?) online game modes there are, or whether or not there will be some kind of ranking system based on performance. It is also unknown whether or not it will support broadband users only, or if it will allow dial-up players to participate as well.

THQ will make the formal announcement to the rest of the gaming press later today at an official media event held in Los Angeles. There, company representatives will make the same proclamation we've made here with the possibility of elaborating further on what kind of features the new online inclusion will have. Regardless of how many modes the game ends up sporting, however, confirmation of online play alone should definitely be comforting news for doubtful wrestling fans.

Jafar
Super Star

#460 Post by Jafar » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:56 am

My sister is getting me Tales of Symphonia for my birthday! Yeah! GC Rocks!

Skyshark
Knight Status

#461 Post by Skyshark » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:41 pm

Anyone planning on getting Tekken 5 when it comes out? I think I pretty much will get it almost immediately when it's released.

And from what I heard, Heihachi Mishima dies before the game starts. :evil

Jafar
Super Star

#462 Post by Jafar » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:43 pm

You can't just kill off Heihachi like that. He's been in all the other games.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#463 Post by Skyshark » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:48 pm

IMO, he was getting a little long-in-the-tooth and he was a fairly old man by Tekken 4.

[spoiler]He gets killed by a Jack unit that self-destructs right in front of him while he and Kazuya are fighting dozens of other Jack units inside a Japanese temple, according to a trailer I saw a few months ago.[/spoiler]

I'll be giving Hwoarang a fairly good thrashing, particularly if Namco give him a few more interesting moves.

Jafar
Super Star

#464 Post by Jafar » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:50 pm

I hate Hwoarang! Yoshimitsu is the best anyway.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#465 Post by Skyshark » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:58 pm

Yoshimitsu's not too bad, but I've had more practise with Hwoarang and I can pull off some decent combos with him. I'm a green belt in Tae Kwon-Do anyway, so I'm biased towards him for the obvious reasons. :evil

I'll tell you who I don't like playing as though... Lei Wulong! I've always found him a pain in the arse to control and fight effectively as him.

Jafar
Super Star

#466 Post by Jafar » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:04 pm

Sheesh, another Hwoarang fan. I'm already drowning in them at home. Tae Kwon-Do is no match for the bizzareness of Yoshimitsu though.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#467 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:19 pm

Cool! I just got Pokemon - Fire Red Version its a GBA remake of the classic GB Pokemon Red and Blue games!!

I hoped that they would bring a game out simliar to Red or Blue with good graphics and they did!!

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#468 Post by Pidgeot » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:51 pm

Angelus3K wrote:Cool! I just got Pokemon - Fire Red Version its a GBA remake of the classic GB Pokemon Red and Blue games!!
To blatantly steal a line from Jafar:

Slowpoke. :p

No, seriously - you can thank POKéMON Center New York for being able to play it now. They had a pre-release of pre-ordered copies yesterday.

Actually, Leaf Green would have been dumped too, but the guy who picked up the games to dump them had put it in the suitcase to take home to his friend, who had preordered that one - and Fire Red almost didn't get dumped either, because the laptop that should have been usde had broken, so they needed to find a Internet café where they could install the driver needed for the dumpiing hardware.

And by the way, I strongly recommend you to buy the damn game - it'll be out in Europe on October 1st.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#469 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:52 pm

I dont have a GBA so I'll just be content with my Visual Boy Advance and 1000+ GBA games I have. Thankyou.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#470 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:25 am

GTA: San Andreas has been DELAYED by a week!!

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#471 Post by anathoth8 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:42 pm

Has anyone heard about this game Star Ocean: Till the End of Time? It's a new action RPG by Square-Enix, but I don't know anything about it. Does anyone know if it is any good?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

SO

#472 Post by Brainiac » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:23 am

Star Ocean is considered to be on par with Phantasy Star. It is one of the few sci-fi RPGs to be popular in America. The original was never released in the US (translation patches only) but THe Second Story was on the PS1.

I haven't really played much of the first two, but after seeing the commercials for SO3, I think I will try them again. I recall that that the first one in particular was rife with Star Trek references, jokes, and parodies. Also, the US version of the game will be based off the Director's Cut Japanese version, so you'll get all the nice tidbits. :D

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#473 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:51 am

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Downloading already my friend!

I cant believe you havnt heard of Star Ocean anathoth??

I mean I live in the UK and I've heard of it!

I'm still waiting for DeJap to release their final Star Ocean translation pack but they havnt updated in nearly a year.

I had Star Ocean 2: The Second Story on PS1 and its a really good Sci-Fi RPG the battle system is good which is real time and the story was great.

I think Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time has been out since 1999 in Japan and its only just now coming out to US but like Brainac said were getting the Directors Cut which basically only means all the bugs are fixed as the original Japanese release was riddled with bugs.

Broomie
The Enigma

To Angelus:

#474 Post by Broomie » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:36 pm

Haha! I'm getting San Andreas in what... 2-3 weeks? :p Connections my friend... connections. ;) (And I mean real life not downloading, if that's what you thought I meant by connections) ;)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#475 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:05 pm

How is that Broomie??

If so it will either be a NTSC version or a Beta version as the Final PAL version is not out untill 29th October.

Plus the DVD you recieve will most likely NOT be a proper pressed DVD9 and therefore wont work without a modchip plus if it is pressed and its NTSC it wont work on a PAL PS2.

If it is true you'll have to email me some pics so I can drool! ;)