Stupid High School

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Do you?

Tell the teacher
27%
Throw a golf ball as hard as you can back at him
53%
Thinking a golf ball is too harsh throw a tennis ball instead (as hard as you can)
13%
Thank god the golf ball didn't hit you and cause damage
7%

Total votes: 15

Zeus
Knight Status

#26 Post by Zeus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:20 am

There is option 5 : You never gave him the right to throw something at you ;)

Taking a 'revenge', even if someone aims just his body and not his face does NOT make someone less immature. :rolleyes

It is strange to accuse people ,who just bum with posts, of being 'flamers'
and that they 'villify' themselves, and on the other hand saying that
using a violent act by aiming someone with a ball on his body is a good practice. Crazy world . :hat

Jafar
Super Star

#27 Post by Jafar » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:04 am

*Checks the results*
Sure are alot of violent people here.

JWar
Knight Status

#28 Post by JWar » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:12 pm

I'd have ignored the situation and then slotted the whole event away in my mental to-do list. Later on in the week I'd grab a chance where I 'forget' one of the books for class and slide over to the guy's place, asking him if I might sit next to him, so that I can watch along.

This would then be the basis of a lesson spent laughing at those around us, mostly at the teacher, and perhaps getting kicked out of the lesson together. Nothing like mutual afflications to create that tender bond.

Then, one day, during a somewhat boring lessen, I'd be sitting next to my newfound friend, who's continues remarks I'd be grunting absently as I spent my time bent over one of my school book. In this time I'd be sticking thumb-tacks through the front of the afore-mentioned schoolbook, so that the tips shone through the book's covers.

Lastly, at a calm moment, I'd sit up, grin at the person who'd started it all by throwig that golf ball at me. I'd take a moment to mentally visualise the effects a badly landed golf-ball to the hear could have. Brain damage, resulting in loss of partial body control.... a hole in the head, causing a shard of bone to rip a wound in one of the more vital area's on the human brain...
After these visualisations I'd wink at the kid, before slamming the book into his face and yanking it down, hopefully ripping off a partion of his cheek...

But that's just my two cents..

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#29 Post by KKuhlman » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:13 am

Casualty... :lol
JayWar, remind me to NOT get bad blood between us, okay?

The Knight
King of Men

#30 Post by The Knight » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:42 pm

JayWar wrote:I'd have ignored the situation and then slotted the whole event away in my mental to-do list. Later on in the week I'd grab a chance where I 'forget' one of the books for class and slide over to the guy's place, asking him if I might sit next to him, so that I can watch along.

This would then be the basis of a lesson spent laughing at those around us, mostly at the teacher, and perhaps getting kicked out of the lesson together. Nothing like mutual afflications to create that tender bond.

Then, one day, during a somewhat boring lessen, I'd be sitting next to my newfound friend, who's continues remarks I'd be grunting absently as I spent my time bent over one of my school book. In this time I'd be sticking thumb-tacks through the front of the afore-mentioned schoolbook, so that the tips shone through the book's covers.

Lastly, at a calm moment, I'd sit up, grin at the person who'd started it all by throwig that golf ball at me. I'd take a moment to mentally visualise the effects a badly landed golf-ball to the hear could have. Brain damage, resulting in loss of partial body control.... a hole in the head, causing a shard of bone to rip a wound in one of the more vital area's on the human brain...
After these visualisations I'd wink at the kid, before slamming the book into his face and yanking it down, hopefully ripping off a partion of his cheek...

But that's just my two cents..
:|
I think I'd rather get on Swift's bad side. :p

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#31 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:09 pm

God, this thread sucks.

Bt

Jafar
Super Star

#32 Post by Jafar » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:27 pm

I think I'd rather get on Swift's bad side.
I'm with you. *Edges away from Jaywar*

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#33 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:49 pm

I'm getting a bit tired of the unconstructive oneliners, guys.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#34 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:14 pm

I don't like this thread either.

Bt

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#35 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:37 pm

I know. This is the third time you took the time to notify us of that fact. Perhaps we can agree on "position is noted" and leave it at that?

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#36 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:51 am

Erpy wrote:Actually, it's the better option from an objective point of view.

On forums, if somebody gets flamed, it's encouraged that the flamer gets reported. In fact, on many message boards where there's no direct moderation, order is kept because of the "report this post to moderator" option. Of course, rather than reporting a flamer, there's also the option of flaming back. While this may seem the more attractive option to increase one's "macho level", it can also reduce one's stay on forums.

Depending on just how much the retaliating party goes out of line, the point of "who started it" may end up becoming moot very quickly, as your suspension demonstrated. Reporting something and then getting on with one's life certainly would have been more efficient in the long run.

(p.s: how about not calling people names, btw?)

I love how he just explains all this.

Edit:

Oh yea, I don't like this thread either.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#37 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:40 am

YOU LOVE ERPY EWWW CUTIES CUTIES

that's as immature as me myself and u's decision was o don't forget...

I CUT THE CHESSE AHAHAHAHAHA (rubs forefingers together)

Jafar
Super Star

#38 Post by Jafar » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:42 am

:|

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#39 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:46 am

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#40 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:55 am

i was simply saying that the immaturity of his decision was equal to that of my last post

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Tell the teacher

#41 Post by Jontas » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:17 pm

I miss High School...... NOT! :D

First of all people, High school is the social molding place that determines what kind of person you will be for the rest of your life. Anyone who throws harmfull objects at other people shows criminal tendencies, one day he will hurt or kill someone. He needs to learn his lesson, reporting him to the authorities (in this case the teacher) is the best thing for everybody.

Retaliation is stupid and dangerous, reporting this to the teacher is a good first step, then your parent's and the principal if necessary. Think of the school as the real world, the teacher as the police, and the principal as the judge. Sorry if I'm too serious :eek