The Little Miracle is 2 years old!

This is where historically important threads are kept.
navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#176 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:03 am

Sorry... had to share this:
Pregnancy: A temporary, usually non-fatal condition involving a parasitic embryo, a host female, and a disinterested third party (usually a father). The embryo attaches itself to the inside of the female's uterus and feeds off of her blood and other bodily fluids, growing very rapidly, much like a tapeworm, only rounder. Fortunately, the parasite usually detaches itself (See: KIDNEY STONES for a description of the pain involved in this process.) within 8-9 months, after which its parasitic tendencies become largely financial in nature.

Fortunately, we now know that pregnancy is entirely preventable simply by staying home on Friday and Saturday nights.
Last edited by navynuke04 on Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Parasite?

#177 Post by Brainiac » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:31 am

Geez, that's amusingly nasty, NavyNuke. Where'd you pick that up?

And Deb, just ignore him. ;)

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

Re: Parasite?

#178 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:27 am

Brainiac wrote:Geez, that's amusingly nasty, NavyNuke. Where'd you pick that up?
It's from Freddy Pharkas. I just got the game, and thought of Deb and Angelus when I read that ;)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#179 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:39 am

wow 8 pages already? i was gone for like a week!

Congratualtions and all has the abortion/adoption/keeping/vamp must reaaly wanna shoot angelus in the face im jk decision been mae yet? But what I'm interested in is whether or not the parent s have been informed and their thoughts or opinions but also if you were "careful" SUE THOSE CONDOM COMPANIES MAKE MILLIONS umm ya. I don't know how to deal with these subjects so please forgive me

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#180 Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:28 am

navynuke04 wrote:Sorry... had to share this:
Pregnancy: A temporary, usually non-fatal condition involving a parasitic embryo, a host female, and a disinterested third party (usually a father). The embryo attaches itself to the inside of the female's uterus and feeds off of her blood and other bodily fluids, growing very rapidly, much like a tapeworm, only rounder. Fortunately, the parasite usually detaches itself (See: KIDNEY STONES for a description of the pain involved in this process.) within 8-9 months, after which its parasitic tendencies become largely financial in nature.

Fortunately, we now know that pregnancy is entirely preventable simply by staying home on Friday and Saturday nights.
On a similar note, Sam & Max have also referred to the embryo as a parasite in one of the comics in the Sam & Max:Hit the Road hintbook.

NavyNuke: I wonder if you could post a screenshot of where you found your quote.

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#181 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:33 am

Ah, THAT's where I heard that from! Freddy Pharkas! I knew I remember reading that somewhere before. Good stuff. :lol

Boogeyman - I believe that quote wasn't in the game itself, but was in the manual. I could be wrong, though...it's been a while since I've played FP.

~Wolfgang

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#182 Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:48 am

I still wouldn't mind a scan of the manual

The Knight
King of Men

#183 Post by The Knight » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:53 am

I know it's not a scan, but it's close enough.
http://www.allowe.com/FPFP/manual.htm

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#184 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:14 am

Lol! Thanks Navynuke, Vamp and I just played Freddy Pharkas a couple of months ago so we knew we'd read that somewhere lol!!

QFGFan: If you check back a few pages you'll see we decided to keep the baby and it should be here around 12-19 October, less than a month away!!!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#185 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:49 am

Boogeyman wrote:I still wouldn't mind a scan of the manual
What, and post copyrighted material??? :p

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#186 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:43 am

Congratualtions on making the choice to keep the baby. I hope he/she/??? has a happy life of adventure game fun. Just remember whenever kids want games *Grampa mode* Back in my day all we had was 3 games Kings Quest Space Quest and a hop of some quest game THOSE WERE THE FREAKING DAYS SO NO X BOX FOR YOU.

A month? well where in the hell have I been? i took a glance at the little baby meter thing a long wime ago but didn't think much of it.

And thanks for not taking offense for the stupid things i said. If I was responsivle for everything thatcame out of my mouth i'd have been hung like 20 times.

Edit: OMG i forgot to congratulate you guys....i mean
Last edited by Quest For Glory Fan on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#187 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:51 am

I was responsivle for everything thatcame out of my mouth i'd have been hung like 20 times.
If you're not responsible for everything you say, then who is? (and more importantly, what happened to him/her?)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#188 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:52 am

haha good one. We havce a lil gremlin in the basement chained by his wrists to the ceiling with lots of whip marks and other kinky marks.

Broomie
The Enigma

#189 Post by Broomie » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:10 pm

Try to hold it in before or after 20th October. Since the baby will get all the attention on the same day as my birthday. ;)

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#190 Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:36 pm

Angelus3K: I want you to post when the baby is born as I may have some suggestions for names.

Broomie: See if you can get Door of Destiny up by the time the baby is born.

The Knight: Thanks for the manual pict! I can't provide the Sam & Max comic I mentioned but I shall provide the text.

Sam: You know, Max, as men we will probably never fully appreciate the human birth process.
Max: Right, Sam. Guys regard it as something as an atrocity of nature! That precious little critter we buy squeezy toys for basically starts out as a parasite!
Sam: I'm a parasite! I'm a parasite!
Max: It's enough to make your hare turn white! Get it? Bah Haha Haaa!
Sam: Idiot.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#191 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:01 pm

Hey Boogeyman,

Of course I will post when the baby is born but we have already chosen boy/girl names depending on what it is,

If its a boy then it will be

Ethan John Martin

and if its a girl it will be

Kathrine Breanna Martin

Thanks for your suggestions though, what kind of ideas did you have?

Lol thinking about it we should have had a 9 month long "Name the baby competition" or something :lol

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#192 Post by Boogeyman » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:16 pm

A Name the Baby competition would be for AFTER it is born.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#193 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:09 am

Rob Anthony Martin is a great name not only kinda mine but initials are RAM

or...Laura ...somethin Martin... umm...i got nothing.

oh by the way...I was gonna say something...I don't remeber... ahh crap

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#194 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:15 am

What's this talk about parasites? What the hell are you people talking about. This isn't some fungus that ataches to a womans innards, this is by now a living breathing organism, a baby. Even in jest, this isn't funny. I've been close to three women who have been pregnant, one thrice, and I know that anything you say like this at this time, to a woman who might normally laugh could be extremely emotionally draining and very trying, especially to someone who considered getting rid of it in the fetal stages. This isn't a pre-fetal sperm and egg or some fetal group of cells that you can just call a parasite, even indirectly. This is a baby, a human being, and if I were female and the mother, I definitly know I would not enjoy having something that I've carried for 8+ months in the most passionate way possible called a simple parasite even in jokes and indirectly. Deborah has suffered pain many of us don't and can never know and it sickens me that some would mock that. I say that women who give birth are the real everyday heros for not taking a quick way out. Deborah will have to raise this child for life and higher powers forbidding, see it put into the earth before her and Chris and the fact that she might remember it described as a "parasite" in her final stages of pregnancy might just be with her her whole life. I'd think mature adults would know better, escpecially you, Navy, you have children nof your own and have seen the close relationship before, you should know not to laugh. You can't just write this off on joking or saying that Deb wouldn't care, because you don't know, every person and every pregnancy is different, and with maternal hormones going through her, this could really offend Deb at this time, yet you all laugh. So laugh monkeys, laugh.

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#195 Post by VampD3 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:30 am

Thankyou for that ElMariachi it was so thoughtful and meaningful.

I took what Navy said as a joke, I was a bit embarrassed and slightly upset at first but I knew he didn't mean it in anyway to offend me, it was when conversations went on after that about it being a parasite that it upset me a bit more.

But I know it was all just jokes and I haven't took them to heart :)

What you said though ElMariachi was the sweetest thing and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for saying things I couldn't even put into words.

I have gone through pain and tears and so many emotions these past few months that I didn't even know I could feel, and yes I am so tired. What has been happening is such an amazing thing that I wouldn't swap for the world (even though I did have doubts at first)

I have watched it grow and felt its every move as it gets bigger!! and I totally agree after going through this that you have to be such a strong person. It in itself has made me stronger and the little things in life that used to get to me don't anymore, everything takes on a new meaning.

But not to get too deep ;) I am still the fun person that I always am and I really didn't take it to heart, I know I am very emotional right now but thats what Angelus is there for. Thankyou again ElMariachi you do seem to understand alot, wish I could give you a big hug :)

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#196 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:34 am

*Stands back and watches the joke zoom right over the top of El Mariachi's head...*

Ummm.... That was a quote from Al Lowe. I know that Vamp and Angelus are fans of his, and I remembered that had mentioned playing the Freddy Pharkas game recently. Of course it was a joke.

I have two children of my own. And when I say my own, I stess that. Their mother hasn't seen them for nearly 3 months. I have taken the responsibility to raise them on my own. I have had to make sacrifices that I fear are too great for you to ever completely understand. Of course I know how precious life is.

And Vamp, I appologize if this upset you in any way. It was simply meant to make you laugh.

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#197 Post by anathoth8 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:15 pm

Here's a few jokes that everyone can appreciate.

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#198 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:02 pm

Laugh it up, Navy. I say you're lucky Deb took it well. You could have really frazzled her out though had she been a a worst mood or hadn't remembered the joke and women at this stage need as little stress as possible. I've learned from experience, once extrememly painful and involving a broken nose on my part, to tread softly, watch what you say, and keep pregnancy jokes to a minimum around this time when a woman is carrying a baby.

Deb, I just thought how insensitive it was and how it would have pissed me off and flew off the handle. Not to say you couldn't handle yourself, but I didn't think you'd mind. You know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and your child won't kill you, you'll be much stronger for this. I'm totally behind you and express my best wishes int these last weeks.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Soft side

#199 Post by Brainiac » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:39 am

Wow, El has a soft, tender side. Who knew? :D Honestly though, that was a very impassioned satatement El, and I salute you for it.

To stay on topic - Vamp, I'm glad you did what I said and didn't take Navy seriously. We're all pulling for you and trust that all will go well. Good luck with all things in the future.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#200 Post by Klytos » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:51 am

Holy crap El, that was very deep for you. :lol I'm surprised you didn't ask about a sequel.