Sexiest Forum Male

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Who is the sexiest forum male?

Rambaldi
35%
Blackthorne
4%
Blackthorne
8%
Erpy
31%
The Knight
23%

Total votes: 26

Meerbat
The Winged Suricate

#51 Post by Meerbat » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:35 am

There has been ongoing research in the area, which supports the following conclusions:

1. Attractiveness estimation is primarily based on external features (Judging a book by the cover is a natural, innate mechanism, for both men and women)
2. Attractiveness estimation based on non-external features is learned

In other words, we, consciously or unconsciously, estimate the people around us at first based on their appearance (nothing selfish about that, although it is superficial) and some have learned to judge the book by the "table of contents" or the "author's note" if you will :p

Some hasty on-line research on the topic:

The Biology of Beauty

Dissing the opposition - female intrasexual competition

The Biology of Beauty 2

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#52 Post by TakariFreak » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:41 pm

I have a right to MY view on things, and to EXPRESS them.

I never said being sexy or that sex was wrong. I just think it's not that great that it's EXPLOITED to the extent that it is. That's a HUGE DIFFERENCE. I have yet to see any kind of poll asking who's the funniest, smartest, maturest, greatest sense of humor, etc. polls. Even the word "attractive" would be better. Why? Because you can place a small emphasis on looks without relating to sex appeal.

Maybe it is primal instinct to look at looks first, I won't deny that may be true. But as humans, we have the power to think and live outside the box that out biology has created. Civilization has made us stray away from the natual world into one of out own creation. So while WAY back in the days, sex appeal was the biggest deciding factor in very primal relations, that is not true today. There's a whole world of factors, but sex is the one that is exploted WAY too much.

I don't care if I'm sexy or not. I'd rather not be actually. I'd rather be judged for WHO I am, rather than WHAT I look like. And people who are going to judge me on my looks are the asshats I wouldn't want to get to know anyway.

Some just probably don't understand that nowadays, it's hard to have an intelligent conversation without some issue of sex or sex appeal comming up somehow. Some of us aren't comfortable with such a serious issue being taken so lightly.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#53 Post by Alias » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:59 pm

How about if we lock this thread then everyone will be happy? >:

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#54 Post by TakariFreak » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:41 pm

It won't matter. The damage has been done.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#55 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:20 pm

TakariFreak wrote:It won't matter. The damage has been done.
Oh FFS.

Damage? Har har! This poll was NEVER ABOUT ANYONE BEING SEXY. It was about being silly. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Besides, no one finds an over-the-top negative attitude attractive.

Bt

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#56 Post by Alias » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:59 pm

Preach on brotha! :lol

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#57 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:37 pm

Okay, as I stated in the other thread, I'd prefer it if the conversation came to a close. Let's all agree to disagree and move on with our lives.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#58 Post by Klytos » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:02 am

TakariFreak is right in saying that society takes the whole "sexy" thing way too far now-a-days. As Navy said, he is attracted to his girlfriend based on personality and the fact she loves him and his kids. This is what attracts me to my current squeeze. She's funny, smart, and is a fantastic mother (which is something I never thought I'd look at to be honest, but I love it). He being absolutly beautiful is an added bonus. A great bonus, but still a bonus.

BlackThorne, stop making stupid polls.

Erpy, you banned me for reviving old polls, whats the go here?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#59 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:56 am

Um, I don't believe it were polls you were necromancing.

I'm generally less concerned about the polls-forum, since people vote in older polls all the time, although I agree with you that Rog's post did indeed not contribute much to the actual discussion. (I'm afraid I can't check whether he actually voted or not) Due to the rather low traffic of this forum, it's rather unlikely that this thread was even on the second page of the forum. (your threads were on the very last page of a very crowded folder)

I look less kindly upon the practice of going to the last page of a crowded folder and bumping it for the sake of bumping.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#60 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:14 pm

Stop making stupid polls? I made this poll on May 15th!!!!! Heheh

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#61 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:29 pm

Klitos wrote:She's funny, smart, and is a fantastic mother (which is something I never thought I'd look at to be honest, but I love it). He being absolutly beautiful is an added bonus.
Klitos must have two new squeezes... :lol

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#62 Post by Klytos » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:36 am

Damn, I saw that just as I was reading right now, and I knew somebody would see it. :lol

Don_Piso
Peasant Status

#63 Post by Don_Piso » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:00 pm

I prefer women :)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#64 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:12 am

Amen. I just got a girlfriend today and the sexy thing is kinda important yet not at the same time. My friend thinks the same way as we have been friends for 11 years and both of our gf's have 2. It's weird like that. Then again we are ALL pretty ugly ;)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#65 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:45 pm

Don't worry; I think it says "And the Ugly shall inherit the earth......." Or something!!!! :lol

Bt