American Restaurant

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

American Restaurant

#1 Post by VampD3 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:47 pm

Just got back from a place near here called TGI Friday. Its a Restaurant which has an American theme to it.

It was really really cool and its the first time me and Angelus have been there (we thought we would go out one last time before the baby comes along) ;)

I'm seriously full up as anything, the Desert was the best since I have such a sweet tooth, it was like one of those Oreo biscuits you get in America but it was a large version and in between was a white Vanilla mouse and hot fudge sauce!!! absolutly gorgeous lol

Last treat before the baby comes you see ;)

I think there may be a TGI Fridays type place in America?

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:53 pm

Yep... TGI Friday's is all over the place.

Oh, and as long as you're going to consider it an American themed restaurant, refer to them as Oreo cookies (not biscuits) :p

VampD3

#3 Post by VampD3 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:56 pm

lol ;) will do. Whats all this about Oreos being REALLY bad for you? (something about transfat)

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:30 pm

mmmm ... TGI Fridays ... their jack daniels ribs make me go mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... i'm in a happy place right now, excuse me. :P

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#5 Post by Klytos » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:45 pm

Aren't all restaurants American themed? Fastfood ones anyway...

Adol
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Adol » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:09 pm

Ahhh..TGI Friday's, My wife and my favorite restraunt.
Their Jack Daniels sauce is quite tasty, though it gets a bit sweet after a while
but thier sizzling chicken with cheese is to die for, as is thier Amaretto Sours.
What are y'all's favorite dishes?

Broomie
The Enigma

#7 Post by Broomie » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:26 pm

We went to Planet Hollywood in London, now that's American, I just ate the hamburger they gave me. And I also told them it was my birthday and they made a special announcement on the screen just for me! How sweet. I took a picture of it on my phone so when I get my infrared cable for my computer I'll upload it for all to see. :D

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#8 Post by Kurdt » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:49 pm

Friday's is a great place to go. The whole idea behind the restaurant is to pretend/party like it's Friday night all the time. I haven't been in forever, though. They sell their chicken in frozen TV-dinner style at the grocery store, but I don't know if that's any good. I know it's good times when you eat there, though. Filling as all hella, though. You gotta go in on a completely empty stomach or you're not finishing anything.

Oh, and Vamp: The whole thing about Oreos is that they have something called "trans fats." Trans fats come from this preservative that is sometimes put in foods like Oreos to keep them fresh longer. Apparently, though, "trans fats" are unlike normal fat in that they're harder on your heart. The naysayers want you to believe that if you eat one Oreo you'll keel over in a heart attack, but it's not as severe as they make it out to be (oooh, new revalation, cookies are bad for you...what a shocker!!). Still, though, they won it over and Oreo and a bunch of other companies had to rework their formulas to exclude trans fats.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Alias » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:26 pm

Smith and western!

They make the best food ever, nice ribbs and burgers and salsa spicy foods :)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#10 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:51 am

Yeah, TGI Friday's is everywhere out here, and it's one of those "Chain" eatieries I avoid like a Bean Burrito before a date.

Bt

bartonjo2
Knight Status

#11 Post by bartonjo2 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:58 am

I dont think its so bad but the trouble is that i never can decide on what to order i am one of thos ppl youll call one of those whadaya callems...........................................

oh YEAh~~~ undecisive ppl

rugged
Defense Minister Status

tgi

#12 Post by rugged » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:52 am

We even have TGI friday out here in New Zealand

Broomie
The Enigma

#13 Post by Broomie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:16 am

Doesn't TGI Friday stand for Thank God It's Friday?

Oh yeah and I remembered seeing one in London opposite Planet Hollywood, that must have been American Town or something.

VampD3

#14 Post by VampD3 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:55 pm

Yeah I think it does Broomie.

Well I don't know about my fave food there as I have only been once but I had the chargrilled chicken sandwich with fries and the giant cookie after that ;)

Its a bit expensive though! the cheapest meal is about £7.95 around $12 ranging upto £16.95 around $20 for a steak.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#15 Post by Kurdt » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:01 pm

Yeah, that sounds like Friday's, alright. And you're right, it does stand for "Thank God It's Friday," a common saying in America on account of most everyone's job sucks. That, and "TGIF" used to be what NBC called its Friday night prime time power lineup.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#16 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:04 pm

i remember the glory days of TGIF ... *launches into nostalgia mode* ... that was when there was good family programming. Family Matters, now that was a brilliant show. those were the days ....

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#17 Post by Senor Matt » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:18 am

Family matters a brillant show??!?! :| Excuse me, but did you ever actually watch it? Granted it may have been a lot cleaner than the garbage on T.V. now. But that was one of the most inane and vapid shows ever to go on the air!! It was very nearly as stupid as Full House, and that's really saying something. "Family Entertainment" doesn't mean that the show has to be so stupid only 6 year olds can enjoy it. Look at shows like Finding Nemo or Toy Story. What's on T.V. right now may not be much better but I would have to go on a shoooting spree if a show as dumb as Family Matters ever gains the popularity that that show did.

....Ok, maybe I didn't hatte it quite that much, but boy was it ever terrible.

I'll be good and end my rant now. :o

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#18 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:31 pm

I blame family matters for the Sterility of millions.

Bt

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#19 Post by Klytos » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:48 pm

"Who's the Boss?" now that was a good show. :lol

Gin-Gin
Peasant Status

#20 Post by Gin-Gin » Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:22 pm

VampD3 wrote:Yeah I think it does Broomie.

Well I don't know about my fave food there as I have only been once but I had the chargrilled chicken sandwich with fries and the giant cookie after that ;)

Its a bit expensive though! the cheapest meal is about £7.95 around $12 ranging upto £16.95 around $20 for a steak.
I think it must be more expensive in England, because I went there last week and my club sandwich was about $6.95 (I'm in Texas). Anyway, it's pretty good, but the one by our house isn't great. I really like Chili's better. It has basically the same food, but a bit cheaper and more things I like to eat. That Oreo cookie cake you talked about IS good, though :)