The Hero

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#51 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:19 am

Well, if you haven't gotten sick of 1.09 yet, I can see wanting to play more of it. I'd already gotten 15 characters through hell in 1.09, and had started some intentionally underpowered ones (a mêlée necro and a nude sorceress) to try to get some more fun out of it. So 1.10 was quite a welcome change.
:eek Damn, that's a lot of characters! I salute you! Yeah, if I had that many chars get Mat/Pat, I'd probably be jumping on 1.10, too!
With the upgrade recipes, I didn't mean the extra rune ones. I meant the ability to upgrade rare/unique weapons from normal to exceptional and from exceptional to elite. Some items are very nice to upgrade, as can be found out here.
Yeah, those are cool, too. I upgraded my Merc's weapon once, as well as a Goldwrap (gotta love four-slot belts). Nice calc, BTW. I made one for 1.09 a looooong time ago in Excel, but it had a lot of errors in it and I was never really fond of it, but yours is cool!
As for the question... Archon plate is in TC 84. It looks like in 1.09, it could drop about anywhere in act 5 hell, as well as from hell Diablo.
Hmm...odd that I've never even seen one drop. I've been trying to find a 3 socket one so I can make Wealth (yeah, 4% more MF than my 4 PTopaz Gothic Plate, but oh that gorgeous Gold Find. :D), although any 3 socket armour will work, I guess. I just want it on Archon Plate for some reason. I'm just weird like that. I know it's a totally unnecessary runeword, but I just love high Gold Find on characters. Seeing huge piles of gold drop makes my eyes light up... ;)
And yes, the FE bug was fixed on b.net, but not in SP. I'd really like for a downloadable patch that fixes this and some other bugs, and gives the currently realms-only runewords to SP players.
Yeah, I know it was never fixed in SP, probably because they don't really care much about SP. *shrugs* Same reason SP doesn't get DC/Annihilus. Bummer. 'Course, if I can barely take Devilkin in Hell, I doubt I'd stand much of a chance against DC. :p

So, do you play mostly bnet or SP, or an even mixture of both? I play only SP for a number of reasons (one of the biggest being that my internet connection is shabby for online gaming - try playing BF1942 with 2 second lag and you'll know what I mean). Also, and I have to ask this, since you've D2'd a lot, and I'm assuming a lot of that in 1.10, have you ever made a BotD anything? That runeword is unreal, and the runes you need to get it are equally as unreal, but if you've played enough maybe you've found a Zod or cubed up to one and put it to use. Just curious. :)

~Wolfgang

adeyke

#52 Post by adeyke » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:32 am

Hmm...odd that I've never even seen one drop. I've been trying to find a 3 socket one so I can make Wealth (yeah, 4% more MF than my 4 PTopaz Gothic Plate, but oh that gorgeous Gold Find. Happy), although any 3 socket armour will work, I guess. I just want it on Archon Plate for some reason. I'm just weird like that. I know it's a totally unnecessary runeword, but I just love high Gold Find on characters. Seeing huge piles of gold drop makes my eyes light up... Wink
Heh. Wealth is a nice runeword for MFing. I quite agree about the choice of base item. Archon plate has low strength requirements, high defense, light weight, and a much nicer appearance than, say, dusk shrouds.
So, do you play mostly bnet or SP, or an even mixture of both? I play only SP for a number of reasons (one of the biggest being that my internet connection is shabby for online gaming - try playing BF1942 with 2 second lag and you'll know what I mean). Also, and I have to ask this, since you've D2'd a lot, and I'm assuming a lot of that in 1.10, have you ever made a BotD anything? That runeword is unreal, and the runes you need to get it are equally as unreal, but if you've played enough maybe you've found a Zod or cubed up to one and put it to use. Just curious. Smile
I used to play a lot of SP. However, I then joined the Amazon Basin. Since then, I've played only in the AB games on closed battle.net. However, I haven't actually played a lot there. I got only one patriarch and one matriarch there in 1.09, one patriarch and one matriarch in the first ladder season of 1.10, and I haven't even gotten a character out of normal in the second ladder season. Heh. I spend much more time posting about the game on the AB forum (and, to a lesser extent, the Lurker Lounge forum) and testing things in SP than I do actually playing.

And no, I haven't made a BotD. It's completely unreasonable to expect to make something like that legitimately. Since the best chance from a normal monster is around 1/6,000,000, you can't play enough to expect to find one; even if you killed one of those monsters every second for 8 hours straight every day, you'd still need an average of 7 months to find one. As for cubing up... The hell Hellforge can drop up to Gul in 1.10. With melting up, you get about 2 Guls for every 12 Hellforges. You'd need 256 Guls to make one Zod. In total, that makes about 1,536 hell Hellforges to drop a Zod. That's also completely unreasonable. And if I had the runes necessary to cube a Zod, I'd have so many other uses for them.

The only way to get a BotD is to be really, really lucky, or to cheat by trading for duped/botted runes.

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#53 Post by Uhanimar » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:22 pm

I have a Q....in diablo 1 or 2 do you go through more than just catacombs and caves?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#54 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:04 am

Act 1: Rogue Encampment

Act2: Desert highland and a persian palace

Act3: marshes and what not witch caves

Act4: THE DEPTS OF HELL THEMSELVES!

Act5: Barbarian Highlands

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#55 Post by Uhanimar » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:09 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:Act 1: Rogue Encampment

Act2: Desert highland and a persian palace

Act3: marshes and what not witch caves

Act4: THE DEPTS OF HELL THEMSELVES!

Act5: Barbarian Highlands
Okay thanks....*buys diablo battle chest on amazon for 20 bucks*

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#56 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:09 am

it might be down there by now but I got mine as a typo.

It was very hard to remeber all those places as I haven't played in a long long time. Also my new girlfriend was here and she's like

"Is this what you do all day with your spare time?"

"No I also play the fan games they make on occasion and most the time I'll yell at Bryan on this game here gunbound!"

".....ok"

"kidding of course" *Oh crap*

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#57 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:00 pm

LoL funny

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#58 Post by Uhanimar » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:13 am

Hmm....should i really get diablo?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the moolah....