my first job

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

chels
Royal Servant Status

my first job

#1 Post by chels » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:51 am

Well, it's official. I'm going to be a cashier at Better Val-U. I start training soon. I feel so stupid because I'm actually nervous about it. I'm afraid that I'll forget how to count money! Can you believe this? I don't know what the big deal is but for some reason I just get nervous whenever I think about it. Did anyone else get this nervous about their first job?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#2 Post by Gronagor » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:34 am

Very normal... and it will take a few weeks (after starting) before you feel more confident. :)

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

Re: my first job

#3 Post by Klytos » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:17 am

chels wrote:Well, it's official. I'm going to be a cashier at Better Val-U. I start training soon. I feel so stupid because I'm actually nervous about it. I'm afraid that I'll forget how to count money! Can you believe this? I don't know what the big deal is but for some reason I just get nervous whenever I think about it. Did anyone else get this nervous about their first job?
Yeah, it's normal Chels. Nothing to worry about, just remember that they wouldn't have hired you if they didn't think you could do the job.

As for the money, don't be worried. I work in a bank and a little trick is to count it 2 times. It sounds like a lot, but it's easy. Once while you're pulling it out of the cash drawer, once when you're giving it to the customer. It might be a little slow at first, but you'll find your drawer will balance at the end of the day, and thats the best feeling.