If you could have one superpower...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#26 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:12 am

I'd like the ability to freeze time. Everyone/everything would just freeze, except me. Say a bus was about to crash, I could freeze time, move the bus or unload the people, and then return time to normal. No injuries. Plus, being able to freeze time would give me a lot more free time during the day. That is something that I'm in serious need of.

Alliance
Knight Status

#27 Post by Alliance » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:55 am

My favorite power would be to make people vomit just by looking at them.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#28 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:49 am

i know lots of people with that power, Alliance ... well, okay, so it's one of them things where they can make me vomit, but yeah.

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#29 Post by Senor Matt » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:20 am

VampD3 wrote:Well I think Angelus picked the best one so just for fun If I could have a superpower it would beto read peoples mind easily.

It would be fun to know what people are thinking just by looking at them! :)
Ya know, I thought of picking that power myself as you could really put that to some serious use. But then again, that would be like the ultimate invasion of privacy. How would you like it if someone was reading your mind and learning all your deepest darkest secrets and there was nothing you could do to stop them? :eek

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#30 Post by Renodox » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:41 am

I'm surprised nobody has said to have the ability to control other people.

Of course, that's not what I want. I guess if I had to pick one I'd have pirokenesis.

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#31 Post by Vipt » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:54 am

How 'bout the ability to instantaneously repel all unwanted female attention, Renodox? :lol

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#32 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:21 am

I have the power to puke on command. Is that a super power? It sure was in Elementary School!

Bt

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#33 Post by Erpy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:57 am

The power to forsee the consequences of a decision before you make it, basically allowing you to make choices based on what scenario would eventually play out best.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#34 Post by Gronagor » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:03 am

That reminds me of Raistlin's 'curse' of seeing things age and die.

Parhelion
Royal Servant Status

#35 Post by Parhelion » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:06 pm

Omnipotence.

That's technically one superpower, isn't it?

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#36 Post by Spikey » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:09 pm

Erpy wrote:The power to forsee the consequences of a decision before you make it, basically allowing you to make choices based on what scenario would eventually play out best.

Wouldn't that take away all pleasure in life.

bartonjo2
Knight Status

#37 Post by bartonjo2 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:51 pm

I would like the power of flight cuz then I could go to school right before the bell rings and still be on time. I could travel anywhere not get lost and I would be so coooool!

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#38 Post by Alias » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:36 pm

since I can pick ONLY 1, I'll go with the power to obsorb other peoples abilities and powers. :)

JWar
Knight Status

#39 Post by JWar » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:13 pm

Let me see, what super power would I like to have, if I could choose one... There are several options that come to mind. First of all, the ability to freeze or 'bullet-time' time seems very attractive. I can imagine several very good and even more very bad uses for that, but mostly a lot of very humoristic applications.

Then there's the power to use magic, which can be summarised as the ability to influence the fabric of reality around any person. There are times when I lie in my bed at night and hold out my hand, wishing and urging the space between my fingers to fill up with a warm glow. The fantasy addict in me has been silently hungering for this for all it's life....

And after these there are even more. The power to love whom ever you choose, the power to not hate.

So... which one super power should I choose... ah... I know...if I have to choose one superpower to be mine, I choose:

America

;)

bartonjo2
Knight Status

#40 Post by bartonjo2 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:31 am

huh?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Power of choice

#41 Post by Brainiac » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:33 am

Presuming omnipotence doesn't count as just one :D ...

...I'll go with temporal control similar to that in The Sands of Time. That comes down to accelerating, slowing, or halting the passing of time as well as shifting into the past or future. There's a lot of cool stuff you could do with that, plus you could really screw with a lot of people by going into the past to actually SEE history unfold...

Keenermart
Royal Servant Status

#42 Post by Keenermart » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:52 am

JayWar wrote:There are times when I lie in my bed at night and hold out my hand, wishing and urging the space between my fingers to fill up with a warm glow.
And I thought I was the only one! :) lol... The first time I ever played QfG1 was also about the same time that I read The Fire Rose (somewhere between 5th and 6th grade... which, by the way, even after re-reading it later when I was older, I still think it is one fantastic piece of literature involving magic and fantasy, and definitely worth reading if you've never read it.), I tried and tried desperately to make a flame dart fly from my hand or summon familiars...lol. It never worked... :cry

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#43 Post by Gronagor » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:40 am

Spikey wrote:
Erpy wrote:The power to forsee the consequences of a decision before you make it, basically allowing you to make choices based on what scenario would eventually play out best.
Wouldn't that take away all pleasure in life.
Agreed. :)
JayWar wrote:So... which one super power should I choose... ah... I know...if I have to choose one superpower to be mine, I choose:

America
What a useless power. No future there. :x

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#44 Post by Spikey » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:24 am

^ What he said.

Can someone help me, I think that I'm lost here.
Lost in a place called....AAAAAaaaaaaamericaaaaaaaaaa. :D

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#45 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:28 am

Gronagor wrote:
JayWar wrote:So... which one super power should I choose... ah... I know...if I have to choose one superpower to be mine, I choose:

America
What a useless power. No future there. :x
Aw, come on. We all know there's no such thing as "superpowers" anyway.

:)

Bt

The Knight
King of Men

I've always.................................................

#46 Post by The Knight » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:09 pm

I've always wanted Telekinesis.
Then again, if it's possible. Just give me the power of the Force.
Oh yeah. ;)

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#47 Post by Kurdt » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:31 pm

My number one superpower has always been Flight. If I could fly, my life would be complete in a lot of ways. Beautiful, cloudless sunny days I just want to fall into the air and soar up like an eagle. It would just be amazing.

However, reading comics as of late, there are some amazing things you can do with superspeed. The Flash has this thing he calls "speed mode." Basically, when the Flash is running at superspeed everything appears to stand still, right? Well, "speed mode" is basically a changing of your perceptions of reality. Since the Flash can do anything at superspeed, he can even "stand still" at superspeed (relative to him of course). Say he wants to think something out before doing something, or just wants some contemplative time to himself. He just changes his perceptions and BAM! Everything in the world looks completely frozen to him. It's kind of like being in a John Woo film whenever you want to be. I remember one issue of the Teen Titans where Kid Flash (his teen sidekick) was thinking about a really big problem in his life and he constructed a half pipe and started skateboarding. When he was in the middle of a trick, he switched to speed mode and just hung there in the air and thought about his problem. I think that would be bad ass.

Then again, if I really wanted to be selfish (and I think I do), I'd want to have the Green Lantern's ring. Basically, it allows you to fly by thinking, it protects you from anything and everything as long as you keep it charged, and it creates anything you want it to create, so long as you have the imagination to think it up and the willpower to execute it. THAT would be awesome.

Jafar
Super Star

#48 Post by Jafar » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:17 pm

I would have power over Citrus Fruits.

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#49 Post by Senor Matt » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:34 am

Oh no, now we all have to worry about Jafar and his evil citrus fruit army of the night!!!! :eek

Ok, and here's a new question for you all, if you were a superhero (or supervillian? :eek ) what would your name be?

Jafar
Super Star

#50 Post by Jafar » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:46 am

If I was a Superhero I would be...

CITRUS MAN! I am the defender of all that is good and lemony.
I stand for Justice, Vitamin C, and a nice, tall glass of OJ!