bellows and fan story

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

bellows and fan story

#1 Post by Draco62 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:44 pm

I probably metioned this already about the bellows being given to Keapon when the hero doesn't need them anymore. I saw a story that was posted on the coles web site (not sure who made it) but since it was inspired by the games and each charater of the stoy is someone the hero met in each of the first four games. Anyway these characters used the bellows that the hero used and left in Shapir. They got it from Keapon because the Hero had given them to him. Also the apothicary mentions he would be so well off if he had the fire elemental at his cammand. So I was wondering if that was incorperated to explain what happens to the elementals. I think that it would be good idea to metion were the fire, water and air elementals end up by the end of the game because if its not explicitly explained I feel the hero would have broat them too Tarna with him to use. Its just a little idea.

Steve P.
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Steve P. » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:08 pm

Actually all of them are already pretty much explained throughout the course of QFG2, with the exception of the fire.

Earth: To "revive" Julanar
Water: To bring back the fountain in Raseir
Air: To blow out the water elemental

Fire, he just rubs and that's about it. No mention.

-S

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:19 pm

[spoiler]The Fire Elemental is used in the Forbidden city when you use the lamp to find your way around in the darkness.

Apparantly, each Elemental can only be used once after being captured -- then they run out of power. For example, if you try to use the bellows to blow Ad Avis' candles down in the endgame ritual, the game tells you there's not enough wind left in them (after using them on the Water Elemental).

Every captured Elemental gets used in the course of the game and is deemed useless afterwards.[/spoiler]

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Draco62 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:37 pm

ok, well that makes sense. Still it could be changed I thought of it because in the original the hero keeps the bellows even till the end so I always thought it redundant to keep them so I figured it should be either put back above the weapons shop or given to Keapon sort of spread the magical welth sot of thing especialy since I read that comic strip from the Coles website. I suppose but I guess thats not going to happen since there is not a lot of time and the AGDs have done to much that would be disrupted. Anyways it was a nice thought although did anyone else see the comic strip I refured to it was prety good.