Weirdest thing EVER ...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

Weirdest thing EVER ...

#1 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:42 pm

This happened to me today, and was far too weird to put into a random rant.

So, I'm home on break, and I've got a formal that I have to go to next week. I don't have any fancy dresses, so, my friend Arielle (who lives about 20 minutes from me) and I decided to go shopping. I drove to her house, and we went to a mall nearby. Okay, so, this is in Maryland, close to DC.

We're walking through the mall, and this guy walks by ... and I stop dead in my tracks.

"Les?"

Yup ... it was Les. Les, the guy who drove the tour bus for the trip I took to Europe in March. Les, as in, lives in London. And here we are, running into each other in a mall in Maryland, as in, the United Sates.

That was f'in weird, I must say. But Les is awesome. There were several occasions where a bunch of us from the group would go out to eat and we'd invite Les along, or, he'd even come to the bars with us. (as in at night, when we were done for the day.) But yeah .... weirdest thing ever.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#2 Post by Klytos » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:59 am

As some mega-company once trademarked, it's a small world. :D

Broomie
The Enigma

#3 Post by Broomie » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:12 pm

Similar thing happened to me in Spain, I was on holiday and as a family we decided to goto a theme park (Terra Mitica) I was walking around with my little coisen and since he was small he couldn't exactly go on any of the big rides, and my dad hated rides and my mum wasn't feeling well. So I didn't really want to go on my own.

That was when my phone rang, I picked it up and I heard my mate down the phone saying, Broomie, put your hands in the air and start waving them, so I did, he responded with, look behind you. And there he was, we went off together, leaving my coisen with my aunty, went on all the big rides, brilliant time. It was just so unexpected to turn up at the same theme park in a different country at the same time.

Remember, expect the unexpected.

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Vipt » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:49 pm

Okay, I think I can top both of yours. I was reminded of it because of Steffi's referrence to a mall. I swear to God this is true, both me and my best friend saw it. Kinda freaked us out a bit, but it's actually pretty cool when I think back on it.

So anyway, this was maybe four years ago (can't remember exactly) and we were at a mall that had only opened earlier that year, shopping for Christmas stuff or whatever. Now, to understand this you have to have seen the movie "A Christmas Story", a hilarious movie that I'd recommend to anyone who has a strange sense of humor (like me! ;)) The main character in it is a little boy named Ralfie, and he has a very distinctive look about him that's hard to forget. The movie was made sometime in the early 80's I believe (I'm not entirely sure, but it's relatively old), so the actor that played Ralfie must be grown up by now. Yet when my friend and I were sitting down on a bench at this mall, just taking a break from walking around all day, my friend pointed to this little kid and said, "Hey, doesn't that look like Ralfie from 'A Christmas Story'?" Sure enough it did! He was a ways away at first, so I thought perhaps the distance just made it look like Ralfie. He was alone, looking at a vending machine or something, but then he came over to the bench area where we were so we got an even better glimpse of him. Upon closer inspection, we were even more convinced that this must be a clone of Ralfie or something; he had the thick glasses, bright blue eyes, blond hair, same face, and looked around the same age as Ralfie did in the movie. We were very intrigued, so we just kept watching this kid (which sounds kind of creepy now that I think of it), and all of a sudden the weirdest thing ever happened! His dad (I'm guessing) comes by and says something like, "Come on Ralfie, we've got to go!" Then he was gone, and my friend and I just looked at each other blankly for like a whole minute. When we finally said something, we were both like "I'm not sure if I heard that right, but did that kid's dad just say 'come on Ralfie'?"

I think that's the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me, but it makes a great story (usually). Hmm, that was kinda long though, hope I didn't bore anyone away. :|