Space Quest 2x: Vohaul's Mines (F.A.Q. Help)

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

Space Quest 2x: Vohaul's Mines (F.A.Q. Help)

#1 Post by Alias » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:36 am

Im finished with the new SQ2x:VM website, all I need now is a FAQ, so could you all ask as many questions as possible. I really want a complete faq.  ;)

SQ2X:VM will be an alternative to Space Quest 2, its what would of happened if Roger reached Vohauls Orium Mines.

The game is made in AGI like SQ2, that means same style of graphics and parser. We aim to improve the parser a bit with more reactions than in previous AGI games.

Here are some screenshots:
<screenshots removed until further notice>

Let the F.A.Q. begin.  ;)

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Last edited by Alias on Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Khaveen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:13 am

Is it the same good old SQ2 before the apement take Roger to mines? Does it start where orignal SQ2 starts?

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Alias » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:29 am

Khaveen wrote:Is it the same good old SQ2 before the apement take Roger to mines? Does it start where orignal SQ2 starts?
The very start and the very end are the same, lets say only 10 or less backgrounds are used from the original. We have done over 30 spanky brand one ones so far.

Relight
Archival Expert

#4 Post by Relight » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:09 pm

Why did you choose to make it in EGA instead of in VGA, using AGI instead of AGS?

When will the game be released?

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Alias » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:54 pm

Relight wrote:Why did you choose to make it in EGA instead of in VGA, using AGI instead of AGS?
We wanted to keep the classic parser and resolution. Some people dont like the EGA graphics, some dont like the parser... Its all a metter of taste. We wanted to do it in EGA because if it would be alternative to SQ2, it would need to be in the same style. We are using AGI because SQ2 was originally made in it, so we decided to use the same engine.

Relight wrote:When will the game be released?
late 2005.

Radiant
Knight Status

#6 Post by Radiant » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:18 pm

Okay. Is it AGI or AGS?
Does the game involve Sariens? Labion Terror Beasts? Pinkunz? Hunters? Blinky eyes in a swamp? Man-eating toadstools?
Does it fit into SQ canon?
Are there significant additions to the game that were not present in, say, SQ2.5 or SQ0?

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Alias » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:51 pm

Radiant wrote:Okay. Is it AGI or AGS?
Does the game involve Sariens? Labion Terror Beasts? Pinkunz? Hunters? Blinky eyes in a swamp? Man-eating toadstools?
Does it fit into SQ canon?
Are there significant additions to the game that were not present in, say, SQ2.5 or SQ0?
1- AGI.

2- No Sariens, and yes some of the creatures will feature in the game and there will be many new ones. We wanted to give SQ2x a more alien like
feel.

3- Yes.

4- Yes.

Alliance
Knight Status

#8 Post by Alliance » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:26 am

Question-will a VGA version ever be released?
Question 2- If not, is it okay if I make one?
Question 3- What kind of puzzles are there?
Question 4- What is the link?

Gav
Knight Status

#9 Post by Gav » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:01 am

Off topic, but reading this thread just triggered something: - I'd really love to play a VGA, parser-only game (with the mouse only being used to assist walking and looking, like in LSL3).  I don't think sierra ever did a game like this, and the idea sounds really cool to me.  I quite like the parser interface, as it is a different kind of challenge, but the parser games have very dated graphics, which reduces their appeal.

Anyhow...as for your FAQ.

- Can apply to join your team?

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#10 Post by Alias » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:20 am

Gav wrote:Off topic, but reading this thread just triggered something: - I'd really love to play a VGA, parser-only game (with the mouse only being used to assist walking and looking, like in LSL3).  I don't think sierra ever did a game like this, and the idea sounds really cool to me.  I quite like the parser interface, as it is a different kind of challenge, but the parser games have very dated graphics, which reduces their appeal.

Anyhow...as for your FAQ.

- Can apply to join your team?

We currently have 3 openings, a EGA background artist that must know how to work PicEdit, a sprite artist that must know how to work AGI, and a puzzle/plot writter that must have original ideas.  ;)

Alliance wrote:Question-will a VGA version ever be released?
Question 2- If not, is it okay if I make one?
Question 3- What kind of puzzles are there?
Question 4- What is the link?

1- No plans at this time.

2- Sorry, no.

3- There will be a very wise range of puzzles in this game, we try and make them smart and unique.

4-  The site will be launched after this F.A.Q  :p

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#11 Post by Swift » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:42 pm

Rog wrote:3- There will be a very wise range of puzzles in this game
Wise? Don't you mean 'wide'?

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#12 Post by Alias » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:53 pm

My bad.

Radiant
Knight Status

#13 Post by Radiant » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:44 pm

Rog wrote:
Radiant wrote: Does it fit into SQ canon?
3- Yes.
By which I actually meant, does it have tie-ins to other SQ games and if so, could you give an example.
4- Yes.
Such as?

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#14 Post by Alias » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:41 pm

1- What do you mean fit in? Sure it will the only the very start and very ending is the same. Other than that its totally original.

2- Sorry we cant reveal too much you know.  ;)

Bountice
Peasant Status

#15 Post by Bountice » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:30 am

You could see the graphics and some backgrounds of the game when the webite will be onlie.
A trailer will be then available for download