It's snowing!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#26 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:39 am

God, I LOVE Chrono Trigger.

That is my favorites SNES game of all time.

Bt

The Knight
King of Men

Played them all.............................................

#27 Post by The Knight » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:51 am

I've played a decent amount of VI on the SNES, and some of IV.  Since I have the PSX versions, I'll be getting around to them quite soon.

I've played MMX5 and 6 at least 3 times through.  I didn't 6 was that bad.  It's almost a holiday tradition of mine, for the past few years, of playing one of the PSX MMX games.

I've just started the Breath of Fire 4, but haven't gotten to far in that.

And FF1-9 is all the games I'm able to play.  Don't have a PS2.  Even if I did, I probably wouldn't play X-2, nor FF Online.  And I haven't heard the greatest things about FF X.  I'm currently playing FF8, FF9, FF1, and FF5, with LOTR names. :D

And on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best, Chrono Trigger is an 8.
Last edited by The Knight on Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SmoKey
Royal Servant Status

#28 Post by SmoKey » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:25 am

Thats right. There is also 10, 10-2, FF XI Online, and Crystal Chronicles. And if you REALLY want to get nit picky, there is also Final Fantasy Quest or whatever that came out on the SNES.

If you have a GBA, I'd suggest getting the FF I & II that was released on a single cartridge. I'm hoping to get it this Christmas.

Weather here...getting cold...supposed to hit 28, but no snow. Just COLD as hell! :eek

The Knight
King of Men

#29 Post by The Knight » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:01 am

I have a GBA, and will probably pick up Dawn of souls sometime.  Depends on if there are any differences with that, and Origins.

And FF:MQ does not exist! :x

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#30 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:38 am

where i live it like a endless a mont of snow.

Jafar
Super Star

#31 Post by Jafar » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:55 am

Nothing here...At least I'll have snow problems shoveling the walkway. WA HA HA HA HA!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#32 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:18 pm

Knight, FFX is amazing! Is there any FF fan that doesnt love it?

Jafar
Super Star

#33 Post by Jafar » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:39 pm

*Raises his hand*

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#34 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:10 pm

Jafar wrote:*Raises his hand*
Explain

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Origins vs. Dawn of Souls

#35 Post by Brainiac » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:17 pm

The Knight wrote:I have a GBA, and will probably pick up Dawn of souls sometime.  Depends on if there are any differences with that, and Origins.

And FF:MQ does not exist! :x
Dawn of Souls does have some differences from Origins, but not all for the best.  Firstly, the original difficulty is gone (it's not even a second mode like in Origins anymore) and you can save anywhere.  Also, the leveling system in II has been tweaked to make the game even easier (HP rises consistently and stats can't go down anymore).  Basically, for me at least, it brings back bad memories of FF4 Easytype (aka FF2 for the SNES).  I don't like my games being easy unless I take the m time to do absolutely everything.

However, the added Soul of Chaos dungeons in FF1 (enemies and bosses from III to VI) and the Soul of Rebirth extra quest in FF2 are quite intriguing.  Plus, Final Fantasy II was retranslated for the better this time around (It's Guy and Ricard, not Gus and Gareth, thank you very much). If you've already got Origins, I'd recommend getting Dawn of Souls as a gift or a rental.

As to Mystic Quest/Final Fantasy USA, I agree wholeheartedly.  There are some things just better left to the Japanese...

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#36 Post by Boogeyman » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:23 pm

I think Chrono Trigger is the best RPG ever(even over Tales of Symphonia)not just because of the graphics and enemies, but also because of Temporal Flux!

SmoKey
Royal Servant Status

#37 Post by SmoKey » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:39 am

I knew the mention of Mystic Quest was going to cause some comotion lol. I never had the displeasure of playing that game. :D

I for one agree about X being awesome. I was skeptical at first, but when I started playing it I was really able to get into it. Very reminiscent of VII.

I really want Dawn of Souls for GBA. I never got to play the Anthology. I hope they release the original 3 and 5 on GBA as well. That would be great.

No snow here, its in the 40's. :)

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#38 Post by Alias » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:56 am

Amazing how so many conversations can just, by a flick of a switch relate to sex.  :lol

<a bit late on replie btw>  :p

Skyshark
Knight Status

#39 Post by Skyshark » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:06 am

16 inches is unnatural, either way. :p

The Avatar
Knight Status

It's not snowing!!

#40 Post by The Avatar » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:28 pm

Well,
 Merry Christmas..
and all the snow has melted away :(  but that's ok.

Merry Christmas everyone anyway!!

-The Avatar

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#41 Post by Alias » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:43 am

Skyshark wrote:16 inches is unnatural, either way. :p
and some people say 6 is small.  :p  :lol

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

FF, Snow and other junk

#42 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:10 am

heh other then MMX over 2 (the last one I bought and still play) I've played all of them and only beat CT and FF6 though they were the longest of them IMO. don't get me wrong I've gotten atleast halfway through all numbered FF's except 2&3

back on topic on the off topic forum. I can't believe TK I can ride my bike for ten minutes and spit on his state but there's so much freaking snow it could take me days!!! Not that I'm complaining seeing as how I'm working at a ski resort  ;) anywho it may be christmas but I'm looking forward to boxing day oh so much more.... so much work *Homer Simpson druel*

P.S I obviously love cash and right now it's hard to come by (damn little kids think they're to good for lessons YOU'RE NOT INVINCIBLE CHILDREN! COME TO ME OR YOU WILL DIE A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DEATH BY HITTING A TEN FOOT KICKER JUMP BY ACCIDENT WHILST CARVING AND SEE YOUR FEET ABOVE YOUR HEAD BEFORE YOU REALIZE YOU'RE IN THE AIR!!!! god damn that hurt. Jeez I really know how to piss myself off excuse me while I punch a hole in my wall for fun and release.

P.P.S although those "snow" jokes were innapropriate lay off Vamp and Co cause those were actually very good and that was probably the only time on these forums this kinda innapropriate joke could be deemed witty. I say Props to those boys and BTW they're mesuring inches up here we measure in 3 feet! IN YO FACE!

SmoKey
Royal Servant Status

#43 Post by SmoKey » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:06 am

Our temp is supposed to get into freezing, but still no snow. A buddy of mine got a season pass to Alpental Snoqualmie Pass...Hopefully he gets a refund.

Funny how this winter is pretty lackluster for snow in the mountains. Past few years, I've been able to go Snowboarding either before or just after Thanksgiving...

BTW-In the 5 years I've done snowboarding, I never had taken ONE lesson. I'm still here aren't I? ;)

Jafar
Super Star

#44 Post by Jafar » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:36 am

By tomarrow, all the snow will be gone. It was great though, I forgot how snow crunches under your feet. :)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#45 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:13 am

I've been riding for 4 years now and as soon as I started teaching (never took a lesson and am completly self taught) my riding skills doubled if not tripled! You should really consider a lesson if you come by a cheap one!

Anywho the snows been treating me nice but theres this guy I work with who insists on giving me a hard time! stupid ass hat. anyways it's 2AM and ima save you guys the trouble of my long posts and cut it off here for bed time nighty nite.

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#46 Post by Senor Matt » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:12 am

I live in California, so I've only seen snow on the ground about maybe 3 or 4 time in my whole life, and I don't think I've really ever seen snow falling from the sky before.  Think that's wierd?  Perhaps, but how many times have you people ever gone to the beach? It's all a matter of location.

Oh, and how did this go from a thread about snow to a thread about old RPG's.? :o  :p

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Thread trend

#47 Post by Brainiac » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:40 am

Brainiac wrote:You think that's bad, wait until you hear the predictions for upcoming weather...snow thunderstorms.  Is it just me, or does the idea of lightning and snow together seem like it should be a harbinger of the apocalypse? :eek
Boogeyman wrote:Mama Mia, that sounds NASTY! Makes me think of 2300 A.D. in Chrono Trigger!
That answer your question? :D You just have to mention great old games once, and away the threads go...

Hmmmm...

Metroid. :D

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#48 Post by Boogeyman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:57 am

I did see snow here in the valley once two years ago.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#49 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:10 am

metroid
I bought Metroid Prime 2 for my brother for Christmas and he returned it!

oh well I geuss Metroid #6 is to much even though he loved all the otehrs he claimed it was gonna be all the same as #5

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Back again over three years later

#50 Post by Brainiac » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:10 am

It's an unbelievably bad blizzard here (the last was thirty years ago).  There is, once again, lightning to go with the snow.  It reminded me of this thread, so I figured I'd perform a little revival.

Anyone else getting slammed by Mother Nature this winter?