Current book

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

Re: Current book

#26 Post by TakariFreak » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:22 am

Khaveen wrote:(just don't tell me you don't read anything :p)
From me, it's the truth and a lie.  I don't read BOOKS, unless you count a few Manga now and then.

I'm a fanfiction girl.  I like to read what the NORMAL everyday person has to say about things.  Most time, professional writers add too much fluff and big words, and after a while, they have so much publicity, they can publish crap and people will still love it.  Not true of all authors, I know, but that is the very thing that turned me away from books once I got online and read what the common person had to write.

The common person doesn't have to worry abotu picky editors or deadlines.  They can post whatever the hell they want, and be honest about it.  And it doesn't cost anyone a dime.

Anyway, many "Great" Books and plays I've read all SUCKED in my opinion.  I can't remember many, since it was so long ago, but "Death of a Salesman" rings a bell.  "The Glass Menagerie" (i think thats what it's called) rings a bell too, as well as "Lord of the Flies".

Jafar
Super Star

#27 Post by Jafar » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:32 am

Who said "Lord of the Flies" was good? :rolleyes

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#28 Post by TakariFreak » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:45 am

Jafar wrote:Who said "Lord of the Flies" was good? :rolleyes
My teachers and such, and it's one of those books they MADE you read as a Freshman in highschool (every class had to, not matter who the teacher), and they wouldn't do that if they didnt think it held some importance or was a highly rated book.  Lots of places say it's supposedly great, but it was awful.  They even had a movie made about it (which, you guessed it, we had to watch as well), and that was just as awful.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#29 Post by Klytos » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:25 am

Lord of the Flies was definetly one of the biggest loads of shit I have ever read.

Meerbat
The Winged Suricate

#30 Post by Meerbat » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:23 pm

"Death of a Salesman" by Arthur Miller and "The Glass Menagerie" by Tenessee Williams are drama works...
They can also be read, but they were written with the intention to be seen on stage.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Readings

#31 Post by Brainiac » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:10 pm

Vildern wrote:Now I'm waiting to receive "De Vinchi's Code" (I think that is the English name), by Dan Brown.
That's The Da Vinci Code, as in Leonardo da Vinci, and that is an excellent book (by the same author of Deception Point, no less).

And Meer is correct, Death of a Salesman and The Glass Menagerie are far better performed than read.

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#32 Post by Khaveen » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:33 pm

Anyway, many "Great" Books and plays I've read all SUCKED in my opinion.  I can't remember many, since it was so long ago, but "Death of a Salesman" rings a bell.  "The Glass Menagerie" (i think thats what it's called) rings a bell too, as well as "Lord of the Flies".
IMO all of these aren't "GREAT" books.

Gone with the Wind.
Moby Dick.
War and Peace.
Stephen King's The Stand.

THESE are really great books.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#33 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:49 pm

War and Peace.
Thats a great album from Ice Cube lol