Biggest Achievement

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

Biggest Achievement

#1 Post by VampD3 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:40 pm

Just wondering what everyones biggest achievement has been? not just last year but anytime.

I know this will sound all slushy lol but my biggest achievement has to be my baby girl  :) I can't believe I could have something so beautiful and thank each day she is here. It will be a huge achievement actually to bring her up aswell as its very hard work.

Before that I think my best achievement would have been to play in concert (Violin). Haven't really had many big achievements so far  :)

Your turn....

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#2 Post by Vildern » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:50 pm

What if one has none? I think, me being still alive is my biggest achievement.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:56 pm

Well, I dunno if it's an achievement, but I did kidney dialysis for a year, and then underwent a transplant.

Before that, I went on tour with my band and got played on local radio quite a bit.

Before that, I wrote a play and had it performed by a local troupe.

I saved a girl from drowning once when I was 10.  She went swimming without her life preserver on, and she started flailing and going under.  I was the only one near her, so I popped over to her, grabbed her and lifted her above water and swim her into shore.  That was neat-o.

Bt

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#4 Post by VampD3 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:56 pm

What about your exams Vil? you did great in them  :)

EDIT:- you posted exactly the same time as me BT!! I would say you have alot of achievements and going through what you did IS an achievement!!!

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#5 Post by TakariFreak » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:50 pm

I would have to say mine is staying clean.  I am the most "pure" person of all my friends, and I'm very proud of that.  I havent given into any sort of temption, even when it stares me in the face.  I have a TON of self control when it comes to my personal beliefs, and thats not somethign everyone can say.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#6 Post by Spikey » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:52 pm

Scientific breakthrough before graduating.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Alias » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:46 pm

<target> Living my life to the fullest.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#8 Post by Klytos » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:49 am

Having sex with two cousins (about a fortnight apart), not knowing they were cousins and then them finding out I am the same person. Well, that was the highlight of the year last year for me anyway.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#9 Post by Swift » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:53 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:I saved a girl from drowning once when I was 10.  She went swimming without her life preserver on, and she started flailing and going under.  I was the only one near her, so I popped over to her, grabbed her and lifted her above water and swim her into shore.  That was neat-o.
Cool! Pretty amazing achievement.

chels
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by chels » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:34 pm

getting a part in the school musical last year, getting recommended for advanced English this year, and like Takari Freak, staying clean.

Broomie
The Enigma

#11 Post by Broomie » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:52 pm

Saving my Grandad's life basically. He went up stairs to goto bed and I heard a huge thump. I went to see what had happened and me Grandad had slipped on his shoelace as he walked up the stairs and he bashed his jaw on the toilet seat breaking it. I got my phone out and rang my nan who was down the high street, then I rang my mum who came over and we rang the ambulence to pick him up. At the hospital he was given alot of medication and he's more able now then he was before the accident. He even told me that he was so lucky that I was around otherwise I'd probably be dead.

Another one was getting one of the main parts in my drama group's production of "A Disney Treat" Our group did The Little Mermaid and I played the part of The Mayor, one of the bigger parts.

And it isn't really an achievement on mine but I'd just like to mention about my cousin Richard going on Boxing Academy, a program on recently and he got onto the Top 10. It was like Big Brother but it was all boxing and stuff. Nobody messed with me once they found out he was my cousin. ;) Well they didn't anyway, I've got alot of backup so I am very safe.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#12 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:12 pm

I'd say I have several.

I finished high in my class when I graduated from Naval Nuclear Power School. I did so well, in fact, that they asked that I remain there as an instructor. Me, age 19, teaching operation and maintenance of nuclear power plants. Fun stuff. Many of my students were older than I was.

Another would be my children. Not just the fact that I had them, but the fact that I am raising them basically by myself. I've had them by myself for a little over two years now. That is the majority of their lives. It feels good when people tell me how smart and well behaved they are. My four year old just learned to tie her shoes. I didn't learn how to do that until I was 6!

I'd also say that my career has been a big accomplishment. I had to give up my naval career in order to care for my family. I was afraid that without a college education, I'd be stuck working a dead end job. I don't have the time to attend any college classes at the moment, so this really worried me. None the less, I kept working hard and trying to impress my superiors. I have been working in our companies IS department for about 3 weeks now. I never would have thought I'd be there if you'd asked me 6 months ago.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#13 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:14 am

when I was ten I almost beat a 6 foot tall Russian kid in ye olde karate tournament note to self never go to another one of those! again the story of how I ended up with my scar and bad knee one hell of a fight though. Final score was 4 4 but I had to be taken out of the ring on account my lips turned blue when I hit the floor with my knee cap behiend me and halfway down the back of my shin. I was almost expecting mr Myagi to come around and go "Robbie-san!" smack his hands together and pop it back and send me back in to get my ass kicked yet again hehehe never forget the classics.

The best thing I ever succeded in? umm I once convinced 2 girls to make out and if that doesn't count, I've stayed drug free except for once accidently and I've only been drinking once which was like 8 days ago at ye olde new years.

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#14 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:39 am

I kissed a girl.  I've kissed girls before, but I think it may have been the first time I initialized it, so i guess you could say i have balls now.

plus the music my friends and I are writing at the moment is simply amazing.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#15 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:44 am

how highly inapropriate *looks at the start of his second paragraph on the post above* I geuss I've done more inapropriate things. I was just wondering how old are you? I remember going through the same thing when I was 10-12 i dunno I have a bad memory but I was going girl crazy and writing a game which I thought was amazing and it had some potential to be as good as like quest 64 Brians Journey because now that I think about it ours was similar but we had already made a really cool fighting system that was a lot like tales of Symphonia but this was before those games came out. I geuss I was just to ahead of my time *sigh*

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#16 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:57 am

Oh, I also once ate 57 pieces of bacon in one sitting.

Bt

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#17 Post by Alias » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:11 pm

lol I guess I've done nothing in my life.  :|

Jafar
Super Star

#18 Post by Jafar » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:25 pm

I don't think I've made any noteworthy achivements...how depressing. :(

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#19 Post by Spikey » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:34 pm

Jafar, you at least accomplished to get that scrapheap which is your computer up and running.

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#20 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:02 am

Haha, spikey, no. I'm 18. I'm just recently kind of come out of my recessive shell.

SmoKey
Royal Servant Status

#21 Post by SmoKey » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:59 am

Being born for one should be anyones achievement.

Lets see...when I took my first step, said my first word, got potty trained. Learned to read, write, spell, add, and subtract. Speak in full sentences. made it through Elementary school, then middle school. Got my license. Graduated High School. Moved out on my own. Moved to another state. Moved back to original state. Got motivated enough to go back to school.  :D

I almost had the greatest achievement of all: Becoming a dad. However my ex-gf had miscarried. :\

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#22 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:33 am

you're never done achieving things untill you die because everything counts as an achievment from eating breakfast to going to bed at night. When you die you cannot achieve anything.

Bt: you ate 57 pieces of bacon in one sitting? No wonder your liver (or was it kidney?) crapped out on you. Trying to remeber my digestive tract here. Oh well either way it was an unhealthy achievment

Smokey: you seem to have led quite a life. Where do you plan on going from here?

SmoKey
Royal Servant Status

#23 Post by SmoKey » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:14 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:Smokey: you seem to have led quite a life. Where do you plan on going from here?
Finish School. Make some decent films, or produce some. Have a family...etc

Millions of possibilities

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#24 Post by Vildern » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:17 pm

Being born for one should be anyones achievement.

Lets see...when I took my first step, said my first word, got potty trained. Learned to read, write, spell, add, and subtract. Speak in full sentences. made it through Elementary school, then middle school. Got my license. Graduated High School. Moved out on my own. Moved to another state. Moved back to original state. Got motivated enough to go back to school.  

I almost had the greatest achievement of all: Becoming a dad. However my ex-gf had miscarried.
That's Hero's talking! Thanks for sharing this.

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#25 Post by Milan Easton » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:09 am

I'd say, saving a woman from being attacked by two vicious Akita dogs.

climbing Mount Kosciuszko and Mount Kilmanjaro to the summit.

Competiting in a powerlifting competition and qualifying for the Junior Olympics.

Winning the Rosette Ribbon (highest honor) for Art in the State Fair.

Creating Tierra.

Creating BDD Central.

Being featured on the radio, magazine, newspaper, etc.

Overcoming BDD on my own.

Winning the Pen Woman's award for best writing in the State.

Completing a century plus bike ride (over 100 miles in one stretch).

Raising over $5000 in funds in a week for the bike club.

Getting asked to work at a place where they offered only 5 paid positions vs. 350 non-paid positions.

Getting to Africa--huge goal of mine.

Learning to speak German and getting my degree in it.  A goal since the 3rd grade.

Tomorrow, I'll be accomplishing my next goal--running in a full distance marathon!  Hope I don't die...

I know I'm forgetting something...