I hate moving

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

I hate moving

#1 Post by Charlemagne » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:36 am

Actually, I detest moving. And this is the second time I've had to do it in nine months. If I wasn't such a dumbass, I would have checked the laws and discovered that it was illegal for my nosy, overbearing, Stepford Wife-ish landlady-from-hell to ask me to leave in the middle of winter, and without three months notice. Arrrrgh! I could have taken her to court, or got some of my rent back, or something!

Everyone should just call me Mr. Chump from now on, OK? And another thing: why does life suck so much in the winter? I'm depressed.... :\

Anyone have any worse stories they'd like to share to cheer me up?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:45 am

I could tell you the story of the unnoticable scar on my eye I just mentioned in the BDD thread .... or my dislocated kneecap story (same story really, I got the crap kicked outta me) oh I just found out that I cannot get a certification as an instructor even though my manager who teaches it knows I can do it! argh stupid age restrictions that shouldn't be there! or better yet I got the biggest rejection of my short life 9 days ago but everything turned out ok after 7 just none of my friends in one group would talk to me. So glad that's over .... wait wait wait I got a real terror story I was once drugged and forced to do something pretty bad a couple years ago which was like byfar the worst thing that ever happened to me. All of these things happened in the same month ... crappy ole december no wait the scar story happened in the summer 5 years ago. take your pick

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

Re: I hate moving

#3 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:45 am

Charlemagne wrote: Anyone have any worse stories they'd like to share to cheer me up?
One day I was getting ready to go out to a New Years eve party.  My eyesight was all blurry and I couldn't see, but I had a doctors appointment that day.  I figured it was an eye infection.  I get to the docs, basically I'm rushed to the hospital and told my kidney's are dead and I have to do dialysis.  It's December 31st, 2002.  January 1st, 2003 rolls around and I'm alone in a hospital bed in the ICU, told that I'm gonna die.

Winter sucks.  But, it gets better.

Bt

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:52 am

i knew that was gonna pop up but it must've been very traumatizing. I never knew it was on new years though and that really bites

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#5 Post by Charlemagne » Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:55 am

Oops. Maybe I should have been more specific. I meant moving/landlord stories. I know that in the grand scheme of things, my most recent troubles can't compare to being told you're going to die, or any of the other worse stories that people have. Sorry.

EDIT: I just noticed my new custom title. I wasn't serious, but I kinda like it all the same. :lol

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#6 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:09 am

well it's a pretty crappy story and if it happened to me I'd add it in my list of December stories. December is the worst month of the year to me. Anyways in the time I was born (Charles you might know these places, they're all around the dip in the middle of lake superior the biggest lake in the world)

I was born in Sudbury Ontario (1989) and we moved to a nuclear waste dump known as Elliot Lake (late 89 or 90) . I don't remember these places but we moved to Sault Ste Marie which is oh so much better than the above places (1995) and after about a year we moved into my current house in 1996 in which I still reside January 6th 2005 and I'm expecting to stay untill 2011 or 12. The only moving story I have because I don't remeber any but this house. whrn we were moving in i found a carzy mask that still scares me that's about it. anyways I only really mentioned these places because of your Canadian heritage maybe the next time you see an atlas you'll look em up they're all in about the same place.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:53 am

Charlemagne wrote:Oops. Maybe I should have been more specific. I meant moving/landlord stories. I know that in the grand scheme of things, my most recent troubles can't compare to being told you're going to die, or any of the other worse stories that people have. Sorry.

EDIT: I just noticed my new custom title. I wasn't serious, but I kinda like it all the same. :lol
No prob, man!  I was just trying to cheer you up!

One time, my landlord got into some criminal problems, so I had to up and leave post haste.  I lost a lot of stuff in that move INCLUDING ALL MY SIERRA COLLECTIONS.  Now that bites - I had every single one.  I bought them when I worked at Staples.

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#8 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:30 am

Charlemagne wrote:EDIT: I just noticed my new custom title. I wasn't serious, but I kinda like it all the same. :lol
I was wondering when you'd notice it. ;)

SmoKey
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by SmoKey » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:03 am

I got ya beat.

I was dumb enough to move to Ohio a year ago and move back here 7 months later because shes a psycho.

JWar
Knight Status

#10 Post by JWar » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:00 am

Ohio's female and she's psycho?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#11 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:07 am

I wouldn't put it past Ohio. It's where Drew Carrey lives after all. And the voice of Tidus(FFX) and Raiden(MetalGearSolid 2) was born there and still lives there. Quinton Flynn for all of you that don't know. Psycho lady to produce those boys I tell you.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#12 Post by Klytos » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:43 pm

I once moved a pile of my flatmates stuff out into the road and phoned him and told him to get it all and never come back. That was fun.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#13 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:53 pm

While I was still married, my wife was taking all my stuff and throwing it out on the driveway. I locked the door while she was out and she ended up leaving to go to a friends house. I got all my stuff and took it back in. Fun stuff.

SmoKey
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by SmoKey » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:10 pm

JayWar wrote:Ohio's female and she's psycho?
I mean't I moved there for my ex, not Ohio being female and psycho.

Typos happen :\

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#15 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:58 am

lol SmoKey it's ok Jay was just poking un, It was almost missed! btw Navynuke wth happened to make that turn conclude that way?

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#16 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:02 am

To make what turn conclude what way?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#17 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:03 pm

Ha I was on the phone and playing a game with him at the same time I posted. Apparently I wasn't making sense anywhere. I meant what happened to force herr to do that if you don't mind sharing that is.

paratroopa
Peasant Status

#18 Post by paratroopa » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:24 am

Awwwwwwwwww

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#19 Post by Charlemagne » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:32 am

I feel so much better now. Thank you all for cheering me up with worse stories than mine. :)